• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamp as a study aid?

Hapomen22

Bluelighter
Ok I know this sounds ridiculous, but lately I've been experimenting with a bunch of natural and synthetic nootropics for study purposes Caffeine+L-th?anine, Piracetam, Adrafinil, Modafinil. They were all pretty much a let down, except maybe Modafinil (which gives me terrible insomnia).

So I wonder if a low dose of crystal shard meth (high purity), or speed AMP could be effective as a study aid? Should I just stick to Modafinil?

My ROA of choice for recreational purposes is snorting, maybe someone has figured out a good dose for study purposes?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Everything, or nearly so, I've read about using stimulants to study says that if yiou use them to study, then use them to test as well.

Keep in mind that "everything" means a half dozen or so studies and as I remember, most of them were referencing caffeine.

That's all I got, hope it's something.

Oh, I feel sure that if you look you can find something to do with Adderall since it's so commonly used for that. You might check.

Last edited:
Well yes meth would help you study. I think the issue is that it works a little too well. In highschool I remember I had a huge history project that I had two months to complete, and I did it all in one night while on speed. I didn't get that great of a mark but I passed the course because of it. You may find it difficult to use meth strictly as a tool. Meth can be quite psychologically addicting which I am sure you are aware of.

This sounds rediculous because it is rediculous. I dont say this to be rude but because i think youd prefer someone give it to you pure instead of cutt with fluff.

Dont get me wrong i love amphetamine i take it everyday. However, when you try to just snort meth to study. You invite in the possibility of really really liking it and turning into a daily user.

Ye ive used it to help me code works well for me atleast for some reason on other stimulants(Specifaclly crack) i cant sit down it doesnt feel right but with methamp i can sit still and focus for hours

Ok guys, I'll skip on this idea. I definitely need to find something better than Modafinil though and hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some Adderall.

this sounds rediculous because it is rediculous. I dont say this to be rude but because i think youd prefer someone give it to you pure instead of cutt with fluff.

Dont get me wrong i love amphetamine i take it everyday. However, when you try to just snort meth to study. You invite in the possibility of really really liking it and turning into a daily user.

wtf?!?

Ye ive used it to help me code works well for me atleast for some reason on other stimulants(Specifaclly crack) i cant sit down it doesnt feel right but with methamp i can sit still and focus for hours

Yeah dude, seems to be working right now...LMAO!

Adderall, Vyvanse, or forms of Methylphenidate ER or IR are all good nootropic stimulants that are safer and LESS ADDICTIVE than meth. I suggest you try those instead of dancing with Lady M.

Not to mention that meth is much more tweaky and paranoia-filled than most of the ones listed previously (except for maybe Ritalin, but that affects everyone differently.)

If you don't have access to any of that, you might want to just stick with Modafinil. As said before, meth is very psychologically addictive.

Good luck.

I have noticed that most people try ineffective nootropics as their start point and dismiss the whole idea of it as being a study aid because they dont work for them.

Look into a mixture of:

250mg Phenylpiracetam+
250mg Pramiracetam+
1000mg Aniracetam+
20mg Noopept+
400mg Centrophenoxine

^^^ This alone will really make you concentrated and stimulated, also will drastically decrease memory recollection time so it would be so much easier to do your exams, write papers and memorize stuff. Also, all are legal and will most likely boost your health in general.

If its not enough for you, add 3-5mg of Sunifiram on top of that mix. And if that's not enough for you, add 10mg of Isopropylphenidate to that. (careful with Sunifiram as different people have varying strength of response to it, I think it acts as a sigma-1 agonist)

I also like 2-FA, 2-FMA and 2-FEA as functional stims but I dont recommend them to anyone as there are risks involved similar to other amphetamines.

@Volsam I am aware that you can stack nootropics together, it's a smart advice but I find that's an hassle and too inconvenient for me. I would have to pop around 4380 pills until I'm done with college... which is ridiculous.

@enak Actually I'm not new to meth and it never was my drug of choice. I prefer MDMA crystals over crystal meth, even though they both give amazing euphoria. I just thought it might be worth it at low threshold doses.

Adderall is so hard to find, on blackmarket the prices are too expensive and unreasonable. And doctor shopping isn't really my thing... I guess I will stick with the Modafinil and up the dose. Whatever. :p

I have done it successfully. However you need to be aware of the risks and use it responsibly. These are the main things:

1) Take low doses, I don't know if you're able to get high quality meth but 5-10mg is a good dose. Adjust it for purity and tolerance.

2) Sleep! Yeah that's right, you need to sleep every single night even if you use it multiple days in a row. Sleeping is absolutely crucial for learning and forming new memories (among a ton of other things), that's why you need to keep you daily dose on the low end.

3) You can redose a few times (2 or 3 times max IME) if needed, but not after 3-4pm or else you'll have a hard time sleeping that night.

4) Drink enough water, obviously. It's really not hard to do. Food is not as important but make sure to eat at least 1 full meal that day (2 is best), you do need those nutrients and it'll also replenish your electrolytes (table salt is good, so are potassium and magnesium rich foods ). At least make a smoothie or have a few snacks.

Like others have said, it can be pretty addictive and sometimes you'd be tempted to go overboard, be aware of that.
Meth allows you to stay focused for long periods of time but that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get better grades or learn more.
Having good study habits and being in a good environment is actually more efficient than using stimulants IIRC.

Last edited:
The problem with using methamp to study, and stimulants in general, is that any benefits gained are FAR, FAR outweighed by not receiving the proper amount of quality sleep on a regular schedule. In fact, focusing on sleep hygiene is going to benefit someones cognitive function more than a plethora of nootropics, no matter which ones they are.

In fact, cramming in general is a bad idea if you actually want to retain any of that knowledge. Cramming the night before a test may get you a better score the following day, but when it comes to retaining any of that knowledge for more than 24 hours, you'd be better off just not studying for a single minute, practicing good sleep hygiene, and paying attention during lecture. Once you start the practice of cramming, you start to employ it on a far too often basis, became perpetually sleep deprived, and it becomes nearly impossible to retain anything long term from any of your classes. I wouldn't be surprised if this plays a not insignificant role in why doctors appear so clueless and incompetent sometimes, after going through the gauntlet that is medical school and only seem to be familiar with things they encountered on the job.

Last edited:
I would absolutely avoid methamp if you have prescriptions available to you. I know, drugs are bad, mmkay? Once upon a time my friend couldn't get me her adderall script and I had finals for 5 classes the next morning. In a panic, I sought out help from the trusty Craigslist and ended up with what I later found out to be meth. Never thought I would ever try it, let alone see it. My point here is that it did work. Not only could I actually focus on my work, but my mood had lifted and I felt like a supermom and superwife. Everyone was happy until my daily (very very small compared to some stories of addiction) use became necessary to keep up with the most basic of tasks. Before I knew it, almost a year had gone by and I could no longer even get a productive push from crystal. It's just not worth the awful damages that need slow repair after becoming dependent.

If you have access to methyphenidate (ritilan/concerta/etc) I would recommend starting there, as NDRIs don't quite get you as bad as releasers. Of course, prescription also guarantees what you are getting... No mystery cuts or washing.

I'm now methamp free (except the residue in a baggie I keep to remind myself) but rely on nootropics and adderrall to get through the day. My sweet little girl saw her mama as a shell when I was so devoted to doing everything perfectly for her, it has taken months to repair her trust in my ability to be emotionally available. I'm struggling harder than ever just to keep my head above water and get through school, but if I would have stuck to softer aids I could have done just fine with much less effort.

I have used stimulants before to study and unless you sleep well the days you study, you won't absorb everything. I've found low dosing with D-Amp was easiest to come down from in order to sleep.

Study in 15-20 minute intervals and take breaks in between.