• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

methallyltryptamine

bloodshed344

Bluelighter
The compound in question is like DMT but with one of the methyls on the nitrogen replaced with an allyl. I heard it's supposedly a potent tryptamine. Has the compound ever been synthesized? I googled and couldn't find anything except a mention of 5-meo-malt here on bluelight. No studies. Speculation on SAR, or why this compound hasn't been synthesized?

hehe, chocolate MALT.

it makes sense to me that this would be active. compounds like MET are, so why not MPT, MAlT, etc? I don't think it's been synthesized or tested in man yet though,

Allyl groups tend to be fairly reactive, so I would would wonder if it would have an extensive metabolism or be something weird like an MAOI.

Probably active since DALT, MET, MPT are active. Most likely orally active since all of the simple aklylated tryptamines... are outside DMT.

This compound is incorrectly named. What seems to be meant is N-methyl-N-allyltryptamine, not N-methallyltryptamine. A methallyl group has the methyl on the second carbon of the allyl, giving it a branched structure.

This compound is incorrectly named. What seems to be meant is N-methyl-N-allyltryptamine, not N-methallyltryptamine. A methallyl group has the methyl on the second carbon of the allyl, giving it a branched structure.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Based on the replies I've seen and what I know about tryptamines, I expect this to be just as good as any simple tryptamine, and probably better than DALT.
I have a feeling it'll come around if some of the popular tryptamines get banned.

Never seen it, but I think it is likely to be active. We need a tihkal: volume 2.

Prop-2-enyl = Allyl and Ethenyl = Vinyl

Not sure what Propenyl is, but I would assume the double bond is at the 1st position of the group.

I think a But-3-enyl (But-3-enyl not Crotyl) functional group would probably add something useful to the tryptamine.

Allyl groups tend to be fairly reactive, so I would would wonder if it would have an extensive metabolism or be something weird like an MAOI.

They aren't that much more reactive than benzylic groups. Allyl isothiocyanate is abundant in mustard and is not all that toxic, and it's been used in pharmaceuticals or investigative compounds eg allobarbital, allylprodine, allylnorpethidine, aprobarbital, alphenal, brallobarbital

Methynyl would be one carbon triple-bonded to something else. Certainly can't fit on a nitrogen.

Ethynyl is basicaly a susbtituted acetylene, propynyl- means a substituted methylacetylene

Just because I'm bored :)

N-methyl-N-allyltryptamine. I think Shulgin made this one and called it MALT.

methylallyltryptamine_zps747b303c.jpg

N-methyl-N-methallyltryptamine

methylmethallyltryptamine_zps96bb5cf1.jpg

LOL, N,N-DiMethallyltryptamine =D it looks like a spaceship, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was too bulky to be active, or that something else would be in the way of synthing it.

dimethallyltryptamine_zps711a4775.jpg

Did I get it right?