• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone - Trying to get for Chronic Nerve Pain from New Clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Toledo

Greenlighter
I have Lyme Disease and Degenerative Disc Disease and am in SEVERE daily nerve pain. Please don't suggest Lyrica, Gabapentin, or Amitriptyline for the pain (I'm on all of them). I made the stupid mistake of telling my current pain clinic that I had a previous alcohol/drug addiction, so the only thing they'll give me is Suboxone. It's barely helping, I am on 24 mg/day (almost the max dose) so I know a dose raise won't do a thing. I've read up a lot about Methadone and nerve pain and I just know that's the med that I need. I spoke to a new pain clinic on the phone, and they said they prescribe Methadone but not Suboxone (perfect!) They did ask for my medical records from my current pain doc though.

I recently picked up my medical records from my current pain doc, and it starts off by saying "SWIM is a 30 year old male with opioid dependency". I NEVER in my life had a problem with opioids, but I did tell him alcohol and cocaine. WTF! In multiple places in the records it says I had a past drug addiction, but sober since 2007. Will this be a problem with the new clinic? I thought about PhotoShopping all the places it mentions addiction out, but I'm not sure it's worth it. I also thought about just not giving them any records, and telling them its the first clinic I've been to, but they're gonna find the Suboxone in my urine and I won't have an alibi. I NEED methadone as this pain is sucking the life out of me. I can't sit, lay down, or stand up without feeling it. I could make the assumption that if they don't prescribe Suboxone, then if a patient with chronic pain has a past addiction problem, their go to med would be methadone - but I don't know this to be fact.

Any advice???

Sorry, but this isn't suited for OD, and pretty much against the rules.

My only advice is, be honest

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.