• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Methadone to Suboxone experiences?

DougDitches

Greenlighter
Has anyone here transitioned on to Suboxone after a long time on methadone? I'm looking into doing this but google is becoming worthless for finding real information.

My doctor won't give me pain medication because I'm on methadone, but is encouraging me to transition onto Suboxone so he can give me a high dose of Suboxone to control my chronic pain. Everything I've read about buprenorephine is that it's near worthless for pain control, has almost no opioid euphoria either, only stops cravings. And, if I end up in the ER the Suboxone will block any real pain meds they give me. Doc says they can just give me a higher dose, but when I had my surgery the pain control team left me suffering in 10/10 agony because the methadone was blocking the dilaudid and they were too chicken to increase my dose.

So I'm very skeptical of Suboxone. The only benefit I'm seeing is the ability to travel more. But I also think that if there's no opioid buzz from it I probably won't stick with it and will end up using again.

I'd appreciate hearing some firsthand experiences with this. Thanks.