Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methadone syrup from clinics in Australia

Like dead

Bluelighter
Hello eeryone and thank you for reading. I have been offered methadone syrup (100ml) by my dealer. The problem is that my dealer has no idea what the concentration is. I have not yet made the purchase and I am not going to base my dose on your replies, I just want to know if the price is right. After asking what the concentration was (how many mg per ml), all I got as a reply was "you're getting 100mls for 1xx$", which tells me nothing.

Based on the fact that my dealer assumed I knew the amount I needed (this is my first time with methadone), I am guessing that most methadone syrup Sold on the street in Sydney has a certain concentration. I know the methadone is from a clinic and my dealer is very reliable and trust worthy (although not the most knowledgeable). I would like to know what the usual concentration of methadone in syrup is at the clinics and if it is common for clinics to dilute it. I would also like to know if the syrup is given as a take home dose and if it comes packaged in 100ml bottles.

If you have no experience with methadone you should really do your research before getting into it.

This is not a really good recreational drug. It is best for either quick detox from other opiates or maintenance for the long term. I don't see any value in buying it off the street once and a while. I have been on methadone for a long time.......It is a habit you do not want to form unless you are very serious about wanting to recover IMO.

As for your ? it would help if I knew the color of the liquid but it is likely the green 1mg/1mL oral solution.

Hey OP,

We can't tell you what concentration the drug will be in when it reaches you. It could have been diluted or laced with something else along the way. No one knows for sure. As for the usual liquid preparation of methadone the 1mg/1ml is definitely what I have heard before. I'll send this over to AusDD for you though as it is region specific and see if they think any differently.

OD>>>AusDD

I enjoy opiates and methadone was not recreational for me at all. It was like all of the negatives of opiates, of which there are few, without the positives. I had about 60 mgs with a decent opiate habit and I just felt "zonked" with no euphoria for a couple of days. I wouldn't waste my money, but some people really enjoy that feeling.

I enjoy opiates and methadone was not recreational for me at all. It was like all of the negatives of opiates, of which there are few, without the positives. I had about 60 mgs with a decent opiate habit and I just felt "zonked" with no euphoria for a couple of days. I wouldn't waste my money, but some people really enjoy that feeling.

For one you took too much for your first time......At that high of a lvl for a first time user it will just knock you out.

If you had started at 20-30mg you would have a nice buzz for a few hours. I still get a good glow from it and I am on maintenance. It just has to be the optimal dose to avoid the sedation and get you a high.......However the high is nothing like short acting opiates.......It is really not a recreational type of drug IMO.

dude if your gonna buy some ORT drugs get some fucking pill form type drugs, such as subutex or subuxone....that way atleast you know whatyour fucking with.

For one you took too much for your first time......At that high of a lvl for a first time user it will just knock you out.

It doesn't sound like opi8 took too much though. He just felt out of it but not in a good way, he didn't say he could barely walk and was vomiting, etc...

As for the usual liquid preparation of methadone the 1mg/1ml is definitely what I have heard before.

Here in Australia I've seen Biodone Forte and Methadone Syrup bottles; they are both 5mg/ml.

Like dead: You should assume it's 5mg/ml methadone for safety, and dose carefully with it. Read up on it too, and be aware that methadone can take a while to kick in, a couple of hours or so. And the stuff has legs too, will last a while.

It may be watered down, if it's take aways some places will add water to it for palatability or to discourage injecting it.

I don't know if you are going to inject it but I used to when I was on maintenance and I would not encourage it but use at least half as water as there is methadone and slowly inject it with a butterfly fit or get some big 20 ml fits from your needle exchange.

On the other hand if you don't need it that bad then save it for a painful hangover or comedown at home. That will really send you into a nice nod on the couch in front of tv to chill.

I used to love going to the clinic in the morn after a big night on the ice/vodka really sorted me out.

Be fuckin careful with dose as it can easily kill you if never take it or are drunk even though most sold methadone is watered down.

thank you for your quick replies. I am interested in methadone because I have never tried it, I probably will find out about the concentration when I get it because I can ask my connect how much he takes and since I know his heroin habit and the concentration of the undiluted syrup ranges from 10mg/ml to 1mg/ml I can guess how concentrated it is. Even when I have figured this I out I will try 1ml first just to be absolutely safe (although for that price I'm guessing 1mg/ml is right).

I do know a lot about methadone AS A DRUG, that is the pharmacological aspect. I have never seen or dealt with methadone syrups from clinics so all the info I get is from the Internet and lots of the info is inconsistant so I am double checking with you guys. The buprenorphine is more expensive as well and I love sedation, that is why I am choosing to try methadone and not subuxone. I am non tolerant (although I use heroin via IV once a month or so) and I would like to find something that keeps you happy for a while.

Btw, can you catch a good (euphoric, of course not as euphoric as heroin) nod off methadone? Does promethazine potentiate the euphoric effects and reduce side effects? I know that it is dangerous to mix the two, I am just interested in Your experience and maybe I will try it after I know how I react to methadone by itself. Once I have confirmed the concentration I was thinking about a 5mg dose to start with, what do you think?

^ If you have no tolerance then methadone might do it for you. Promethazine can be useful, just make sure you know how you handle the methadone itself first.

With no tolerance I'd start with 5-10mg and see how that goes.

methadone is 5mg/ml. ie 5 mg of drug to 1 ml of liquid... if you have no habit or a small tolerance.. be very bloody careful.

i have seen 10mg/2ml floor people who thought they could handle opes.

try 5mg first... but please assume that the done yuo get is at proper strength... as in 5mg/ml..

if you think its 1mg/ml and take 5 mls you could get dead very easy.

methadone is strong stuff. be careful.

and yeah.. you can nod... man you will nod and wake up two days later if you get a good dose...
dont drive... dont drink piss... and dont take anything else, especially benzoes....

honestly, if you can get gear, just stick with that... aint no real reason to fool with juice untill you got a rager (habit, not hard-on) and need stability...

There is another reason for me using methadone, I have used heroin for 2 years now (once a month or less) but I am starting to like the sight of the needle too much for my own good. I still want to get high on the occasion and for me opiates are the closest I can get to a nice holiday away from my studies.

I do not want to quit the needle for good, just until it feels like the heroin isn't one of the best parts of my month. I have done this before, for 3 months with dihydrocodeine but I don't catch a nod off that, so I want to try methadone. It's ironic that I am using methadone to avoid addiction instead of maintaining it.

FYI, if you are retarded or CBF to read the above paragraphs: I am using the methadone orally

I am not from Australia and know nothing of its norms but having been in programmes in 2 nations and having legally dosed in 6 I can tell you that I have only ever seen concentrations of 10 mg per ml. That is only in full liter bottles. Clients/patients are given their take homes in much smaller bottles and the syrup is always admixed with water or powdered juice mixtures to prevent injection (or at least inhibit). The actual result though is that noone can tell what the concentration is. To boot (excuse the pun), it is extremely rare to find a clinic that lists dosages on prescription labels, the rationale usually being that this inhibits diversion since rational folks don't play guessing games with life-threatening substances. Of course drug use isn't a philosophical exercise, rationality not being something most opiate/opioid users ponder.

In the best of scenarios you would know not only the dosage but the concentration and even then you would still be playing Russian Roulette. Methadone has a 36 hour half life, which makes it highly dangerous to use recreationally. Psychoactivity ("the high") last up to 10 hours if you are opiate naïve (not a hardcore user). The juxtaposition of those 2 values
( 36 half life:10 psycoactivity) shows you exactly why you should stay away from it.

To explain it simply: You dose and 10 hours later you aren't high. If you have more there is a good chance that you will want take a 2nd dosage, keep that buzz going. However that 36 hour half life means you still have a whole lot of methadone in your system. While it isn't making you feel like you are high it is still effecting relevant psycho-motor areas, such as depressing your breathing, lowering your pulse.

There are other issues as well such as euphoria but while it renders methadone nearly worthless recreationally (unless one's idea of a good high equals coma like sleep), I only care to discuss the dangerous aspects. After all, you can always get over a shi**y high, but over dose is an altogether different story.

I should add, injection is a total waste unless you have injection ampoules. Oral methadone doesn't cross your Blood to Brain Barrier quickly and rapid penetration is what causes the "rush." If there is no rush there is no point in injecting it, all the more so when its oral bioavailability is nearly perfect. Oral methadone is a syrup and its consistency renders injection dangerous in and of itself.

Ahhh, different concentrations but then that just makes it even more of a guessing game (unless one is getting it directly from the pharmacy undiluted). On dilution and the guideline of 200 ml, I have never seen it adhered to which is another problematic aspect.

So many things can go wrong when buying someone else's dose.

So many things can go wrong when buying someone else's dose.

Definitely can be a bit of a guessing game. :\

Flexi, I didn't realize that under the guidelines they are meant to dilute it to 200ml! I haven't seen that happen yet, when I've seen it watered it's usually just a small amount but definitely not 200mL.

^yeah different states have different guidelines too. And then pharmacies often just do their own thing anyway. In Melbourne I have seen diluted to 200ml with cordial, dilute to 100ml with water, and even straight done (syrup or biodone) in a small plastic cup come straight out of a pharmacy.

All methadone used as maintenance therapy in AUstralia is 5mg/ml, as has been stated. BUT it is pretty common for peiople to refer to the number of miligrams they are on as "mils". EG - a feller is on 100mg of 'done and says "I'm on a 100mils of 'done a day". Thanks feller - what you mean is that your daily dose is 100mg and it is dipensed to you as 20ml of either methadone syrup or biodone and may well be diluted to any old volume.

So to the OP - when your guy says "It's 100mils" he may well mean 100mg, regardless of the volume of what you are getting. Frankly imo that's the most likely sitch here. You could dig a bit deeper with your source to check...

All methadone used as maintenance therapy in AUstralia is 5mg/ml, as has been stated. BUT it is pretty common for peiople to refer to the number of miligrams they are on as "mils". EG - a feller is on 100mg of 'done and says "I'm on a 100mils of 'done a day". Thanks feller - what you mean is that your daily dose is 100mg and it is dipensed to you as 20ml of either methadone syrup or biodone and may well be diluted to any old volume.

That's VERY new to me, I did not know that and it may (unlikely but possible) have lead to an overdose. Thank you. Unfortunately I bought heroin (not very potent sadly) instead of methadone because my dealer did not have any. Next time I'll get methadone.

Just a question btw, I know that it's impossible to tell by colour etc. How potent smack is, but I would like to know if anyone hase the same experience buying in Sydney (not suburbs if that's narrowed down enough). Have you noticed that the really white (I mean SUPER white) heroin in the aluminium foil (that's how I get it, I guess it may Differ) is VERY potent? The usual slightly brown smack in plastic bags (again, how I get it) is ok-great but it feels different. IMO the white "heroin" feels synthetic and has a shorter duration. Just be careful if you get a very white batch because ime the stuff can be too strong (I inject intravenously and have had too much, ended up nodding for 1-2 hrs, close call). Anyway, if you come accross that stuff pm me.

That last comment was not made so that I can find out where to get it and buy it, I just want to know how many people come accross it