• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Suboxone Wait Time if Not Dependent.

d896629

Bluelighter
Hello all! I achieved my goal of getting to a point of not being addicted to any one thing. I'm still in a phase of using Kratom for two days, Ativan for two days, Methadone for a day, rinse/repeat [or something like that].

My question is this:

I used Methadone on August 9th, and then took it again yesterday.

Would I be able to use nasal Suboxone immediately after Methadone, if I am not dependent on either?

Say once a month I use Methadone from now on...if I decide to Suboxone the next day, would I need to worry about the precipitated withdrawal concerns, if I'm not in a state that I would be experiencing Methadone withdrawal? Again, I'm not dependent on any full opioid agonists, and I won't be experiencing withdrawal if I just use Methadone once a week or once a month. So I don't see how I could be pushed into precipitated withdrawal in such a case.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, you don't have to worry.

It seems like it worked great! I'd say I did about 0.4mg Suboxone, nasally.

DeadManWalkin' - what do you think about a schedule where a person [me] uses every Sunday night, but rotates normal opiates [oxycodone/hydromorphone] with Suboxone [a partial opiate agonist, if I recall correctly]. So every two weeks, a full opiate agonist would be used...do you think such a system would spare our receptors a little...and help us to skirt addiction? I have been quitting opiates for 19 months now, and have been at a very low level at that time, but I am always looking for tips and tricks to help me moderate opiates and use them responsibly. To answer my OP question so fast, I assume you have some knowledge. A lot of people would debate this question, lol. But ultimately I did it, and it worked out great! Thank you. :)

Oh, and [lol]...

Do you recommend the movie "Dead Man Walking"? I watched the trailer, and worried it may be propaganda to make me empathize with death row murderers. And I don't like media that tries to take my already high level of empathy, and use it against me, by being even kinder to people who don't deserve it. The trailer put me off, so I rented another movie...which I think, in hindsight, was a mistake.

It seems like it worked great! I'd say I did about 0.4mg Suboxone, nasally.

DeadManWalkin' - what do you think about a schedule where a person [me] uses every Sunday night, but rotates normal opiates [oxycodone/hydromorphone] with Suboxone [a partial opiate agonist, if I recall correctly]. So every two weeks, a full opiate agonist would be used...do you think such a system would spare our receptors a little...and help us to skirt addiction? I have been quitting opiates for 19 months now, and have been at a very low level at that time, but I am always looking for tips and tricks to help me moderate opiates and use them responsibly. To answer my OP question so fast, I assume you have some knowledge. A lot of people would debate this question, lol. But ultimately I did it, and it worked out great! Thank you. :)

Oh, and [lol]...

Do you recommend the movie "Dead Man Walking"? I watched the trailer, and worried it may be propaganda to make me empathize with death row murderers. And I don't like media that tries to take my already high level of empathy, and use it against me, by being even kinder to people who don't deserve it. The trailer put me off, so I rented another movie...which I think, in hindsight, was a mistake.
Haven't seen the movie hahhah. I have heard about it tho. I'll check it out. My name comes from a song.
Anyways, I have been bupre addict for like 2 years now and sometimes when I don't get bupre I just get methadone and do it.
I can do 2mg's bupre one day, then next day I can shoot up 50mg's of methadone without the bad effects. And I have lots of bupre in my body.
I think it really doesn't matter do you use bupre or oxycodene, heroin or bupre - as long as you can limit the amount of your doses.
You can get really addicted to bupre too and heroin helps with bupre withdrawals and other way around.
0.4mgs seems like really low dose, which sounds great that you've been able to keep your opioid tolerances that low.
Good luck.

I know this is an old thread and I apologize but it's as close to an answer as I can find. My situation is slightly different. I am on a constant 16 mg Suboxone daily every day. Can I take a break from the bupe for a day or two, take the methadone and then go right back to my Suboxone? Will that throw me into pwd? I'm not up on full/partial agonist opiate/opioid stuff.
I have not taken methadone in years and I'm looking for a vacation day but I want to be safe first and foremost.

Thanks for any info and again, apologies for bumping an old thread.