• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone pill vs liquid

mtop2036

Bluelighter
I've been getting the liquid red methdone and am trying to figure out if he is cutting it or not giving me the right amount. I can eat 8 of the 5mg(40) and get a buzz. But with this liquid I'm having to use 100mg for the same effects. And its the same with the person who im sharing it with who has about the same tolerance as I do. Mine also has a cough syrup sort of taste but the consistency of water.

So is there a difference for those of you who have used both or am I getting fucked like I think I am?

I've always noticed better effects with the pills instead of the liquid as well. I wonder if this has something to do with absorption?

With that being said, getting watered-down methadone isn't unheard of. Maybe check the color of the liquid and see if it varies from other times you've got it?

pills ftw. the liquid always gets stuck to the cup/spoon thing i use. and i feel like i lose some :(

if you use liquid and your solution is fair concentrated like 5mg per mL solution then you definitely want to be rinsing the cup you used with water immediately afterwards and drink that to get it all.

Are you measuring the solution accurately, or going by your dealer's word? If he's simply spooning it out or using a measuring cup it could be wildly inaccurate. And the 'done clinics apparently give it in varied dilutions (sometimes, some places).

Well I trust this dealer alot, has done alot of good things for me. But He told me he can get 3 "doses" One is his and 2 others from friends that he says they all go to the clinic at teh same time to make sure its not tampered. I have bought 1,2,3 at a time and each time I am getting quite a bit more. He even informed me If someone tries to sell it to me and u can shake it and if it has bubbles thats how u know its been watered down. Also that it never alot of liquid.

I got 300mg and it is about 20ml. About a third of a standard orange pill bottle.

whoa that don't seem right, i use a cough syrup thing to measure my methadone, and 300mg would be alot more liquid i think, another way is with a syringe suck up a whole 1cc syringe full of methadone so 100units and that is 10mgs repeat this until it comes out to what u think you just bought i dont even wana ask how much yer paying cause yer probably getting ripped off bad

I will never buy liquid methadone unless it still has the seal on the bottle, after you remove the cap from the bottle then you know it has not been watered down, cause people are junkies that are scandalous still even tho they are trying to get better

I will never buy liquid methadone unless it still has the seal on the bottle, after you remove the cap from the bottle then you know it has not been watered down, cause people are junkies that are scandalous still even tho they are trying to get better

That's excellent advice. That, and stick to pills. It's harder to water 'em down...

I think each clinic has its own strength of liquid. Some have 5mg/ml, others 15mg/ml, others water it down to fuck with junkies' heads.

all the clinics where I live dispense the pink liquid and it is 10mg per 1 ml. so, 100mg would fill 10 1cc syringes. therefor, 300 mgs should fill 30 1cc syringes. that will equal 30 ml. there is no way to know if it's been tampered with for sure, but it sounds to me like it's been watered down... a lot of people say they get better effects from the pills, I never noticed that huge of a difference and the difference you're speaking of seems too much to be attributed to the difference in pill vs. liquid form of the same exact drug.

I'm on methadone and i get the liquid every day at my clinic. The tablets (pills) are way better and for whatever reason they give you a more noticable high. I was in the hospital once and couldn't dose at the clinic, so the doctor ok'd them to give me my dose in the ER. They only had pills at the hospital, so I was given my dose (95MG) in the form of 10MG tabs (9 and a half of 'em). I actually got a body high from the pills and I never really feel the liquid from the clinic. good luck with your 'done experiences and be safe. dont' combine methadone with benzos

This is the thread I've been searching for, my clinic is in the process of banning the pills. I'm so PISSED about that.
Ive been in mmt for 2 1/2 years, the first 6 months I was on liquid, until I found out they also carry the pills, I asked the dosing nurse about them, and she offered me to try them and see if they work better. Not only did they work better, but they're so much more potent than the liquid. I was so amazed of the difference. I never switched back to liquid, one day, I decided to take liquid to see if it's placebo or not, and it DEF. Is NOT placebo, the liquid doesn't hold me the full 24 hours, and feels much weaker than the pills, it makes perfect sense to me.

pills are made for Chronic pain, while liquid is made more for opiate w.d. Now tell me, the DEA and FDA, who would they take care of more, junkys looking for a fix, or a chronic pain patient? The answer is common sense, when the pills are gone at my clinic, I'll be so sad, because I'll have to get a dose raise which I dont want to do, because the liquid doesn't hold me well like the pills. I'm gonna call every mmt clinic in my city, to see which others have the pills, and are not getting rid of them.

doctors and physicians will always tell you they're the same, always. But to actual users of the substance, feeling different affects from liquid vs pills, how are they the same? That's impossible.

theres 3 different kinds of methadone, d-methadone, L-methadone, and DL-methadone, I'm not sure which one is more potent than the other, but the one that's more potent is said to be 50x stronger than the other, now this is where it comes from.

the pills absolutely have the stronger methadone, the liquid is the weaker one, by experience.

Im so sad my clinic is getting rid of the pills, they have Been holding me perfectly for the last year and a half, switching to liquid is going to make it very hard for me, and I don't want to relapse back to the devil heroin, it's either that or a dose raise of methadone.

im currently on 80mg, and have been for the last year and a half, I guarantee I'll need at least 20mg more to keep me stable, because I a,ready tested the waters in the middle of my treatment like I stated above, 80mg of liquid doesn't hold me like the pills do. And it's BS because mmt is an all profit Industry, I know for a fact pills are way more expensive than the liquid, the nurse told me herself. The clinic can give 2 shits about their patients, they're doing this so people can get sick and get dose raises to stay longer at the treatment. Fucking money hungry pieces of shit.

"pills are made for Chronic pain, while liquid is made more for opiate w.d. Now tell me, the DEA and FDA, who would they take care of more, junkys looking for a fix, or a chronic pain patient?"

Dude what? No way. They both contain the same drug. A 10mg pill and 10mg of syrup have the same amount. You think the fda lets drug companys sell 5mg syrup as 10mg strup, no thats paroniod insane stuff.

Now it could just be that your body absorbeds the pills better, the doses of liquid are inproperly measured by the nurse that gives them out, some gets stuck to the cup, or someome with access to the fluid steals some and cuts it. And an combination of those.

So do you thing its a conspiracy by the gov and big pharma or a combo of the more reasonable reasons?

One more tip nearly all pharmaceuticals are made solely for profit. Not just methadone.

Last edited:
"pills are made for Chronic pain, while liquid is made more for opiate w.d. Now tell me, the DEA and FDA, who would they take care of more, junkys looking for a fix, or a chronic pain patient?"

Dude what? No way. They both contain the same drug. A 10mg pill and 10mg of syrup have the same amount. You think the fda lets drug companys sell 5mg syrup as 10mg strup, no thats paroniod insane stuff.

Now it could just be that your body absorbeds the pills better, the doses of liquid are inproperly measured by the nurse that gives them out, some gets stuck to the cup, or someome with access to the fluid steals some and cuts it. And an combination of those.

So do you thing its a conspiracy by the gov and big pharma or a combo of the more reasonable reasons?

One more tip nearly all pharmaceuticals are made solely for profit. Not just methadone.

With experience man, that's what it feels like TO ME. Everyone IS different, and react differently to every drug. If they're the same, why do the pills hold me longer, better, and feel stronger than the liquid?
I guarantee they're not the same.

Like I said in my above post, their are THREE different kind of methadones. D-Methadone. L-Methadone. and DL-Methadone. I believe 100% the weaker one is the liquid, as I stated above, the stronger one is 50x more potent.
Re-search for yourself man, I mean, I've been through both types liquid and pills, and pills work 1000x better than Liquid, FOR ME.

A chronic pain patient will almost never get a RX for liquid methadone. Reasons being, harder to be accurate on dosages, etc.
The pills, are easy, they now only have 5 and 10mg pills in pharmacies. The 40mg wafers were banned from local pharmacies, and now are only used in Hospitals and MMT treatment centers. Because they were causing too many OD's, same with the OC 160mg, theyre only used in a Hospital. Same reason, too many OD's.

The FDA and DEA obviously control these things, I believe 100% the pills are the stronger methadone. BY EXPERIENCE. I'm not just guessing, ive been through both phases, liquid and pills. If they're 'the same', why do the pills hold me longer, feel stronger, and cleaner?

There has to be a reason for everything...............

I wasnt disagree that you feel the pills stronger. I was disagree with what you think the reason for that is.

Thanks but im well read, further research wont yield me any additional information.

The pills and syrup have the same ratio of isomers, theyre held to the same standards.

Syrup is prefer for opioid addicts because its harder to divert. You can spit a pill out and sell it, its harder to do with a liquid.

Its no consipracy by dea and fda, making syrups with higher contents of the weaker isomer.

I told you four likely reasons for why you feel the pills stronger, not that there was no reason.

I wasnt disagree that you feel the pills stronger. I was disagree with what you think the reason for that is.

Thanks but im well read, further research wont yield me any additional information.

The pills and syrup have the same ratio of isomers, theyre held to the same standards.

Syrup is prefer for opioid addicts because its harder to divert. You can spit a pill out and sell it, its harder to do with a liquid.

Its no consipracy by dea and fda, making syrups with higher contents of the weaker isomer.

I told you four likely reasons for why you feel the pills stronger, not that there was no reason.

About the selling pills thing, they actually water down the pills when people have take homes, who take the pills. For that very reason, to not sell them on the streets. So that's out of the case.

I know 100% they're getting rid of the pills in my clinic for more $$$. Because obviously, the pills are way more pricey than the liquid.

I can't do anything about it, I mean, once they're gone, they're gone. I'll be stuck on liquid, and im 99.9% sure ill need a dose raise to get stable, at least 15-20mg more. Because 80mg of liquid 'done doesn't hold me.

About the selling pills thing, they actually water down the pills when people have take homes, who take the pills. For that very reason, to not sell them on the streets. So that's out of the case.

I know 100% they're getting rid of the pills in my clinic for more $$$. Because obviously, the pills are way more pricey than the liquid.

I can't do anything about it, I mean, once they're gone, they're gone. I'll be stuck on liquid, and im 99.9% sure ill need a dose raise to get stable, at least 15-20mg more. Because 80mg of liquid 'done doesn't hold me.

Ive experience with both tho never at the same time.
I feel it's all mental and personal preference.

what I know is if your telling your self you will need 15-20mg more mdone when They switch you, you will in fact need 15-20mg more mdone.

The minds a powerful thIng.

Have you ever lowered your dose?

Ive experience with both tho never at the same time.
I feel it's all mental and personal preference.

what I know is if your telling your self you will need 15-20mg more mdone when They switch you, you will in fact need 15-20mg more mdone.

The minds a powerful thIng.

Have you ever lowered your dose?
This is very true about telling yourself that. Psychological impact can be huge whether you realize it or not

I agree 100%, MOST W/d's from any drug is MOSTLY physcoligical.
But that's my problem, I can get past the physical part, im not a little bitch, and I can take all the pain I deserve from my addiction.

But the mental part ALWAYS beats me, depression is my main concern. I cry out of no where all the time during any w/d,.Sad thoughts never go away during w/d.

and music and songs, radio etc. I cry to almost EVERY song, even though its not a sad song....its very hard to explain. But my depression is horrible. Along with the depression I get, my anxiety gets to the point where im shaking and feeling a seizure coming up....im fucking SO scared of w/d.

That's why im sad about the pills being gone, itll take me back to relapse on Heroin, even though I fucking hate heroin, the smell, taste, even the high. But once you start methadone, there's no other opiate to compare, it's too strong. The only opiates that have a chance against methadones potency is Opana and Fentanyl. Methadone is in the middle of that pack.

1. Fent
2. 'done
3. opana

But im going to stick to 'done, because I got it covered by insurance now and I get free doses everyday.

My next doctor appointment, the one whos weaning me off of benzos, im going to ask for help with the opiates also. I want to get on SUBUTEX. But my dose is TOO high to go on that drug (80mg), the dose I need to be on to switch to Subs is 30mg, which will take a LONG time if I don't want to get sick. So what ill ask my doctor is, I want to stop taking methadone, theres 2 options how you can get on subutex from methadone,

#1 30mg or lower, and 3 days with no opiate use.

#2 Get RX'd another opiate for a month, example, Oxycontin, Morphine ER, Opana ER, w.e it is, take that for a month, and then switch to subs.

On my dose at 80mg, I have to wait 30 days to go on subs. Theres NO way in hell I can do that, I don't think ANYONE in the world would go cold turkey off of 80mg of methadone. So I need a replacement opiate for a month, then switch to subs.
Hopefully my doc would be cool and do that for me.

I'll show her my containers of Klonopin she RX'd me, and prove to her I take them as RX'd. I also stopped smoking weed, its been 20 days now with no ganja. Benzos helped me tremendously to stop smoking.

Weed w/d is minor, but it's still w/d....the most common and most uncomfortable symptons of weed w/d are LOSS OF APETITE, insomnia, and cravings. Benzos, brought my apetite back, I can sleep while on benzos, and theres no desire for me to smoke anymore, after 20 days in already. The 1st 3 days I was craving weed REALLY bad, but I fought my addict and beat his ass.