• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone IV dose

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey BL,

I will keep this as intact as possible but bare with me because im pretty scat. I did use the search engine but in all honesty nothing really answered my question so here goes,

So I recently moved from the East Coast of Australia to Northwest Australia, back in the east I used to occassionally use Methadone, I used to get this yellowish and for lack of a better word, urine coloured syrup that we would bang and to be completely honest I completely forgotten what dose it was 30mg/ml perhaps? But im really not sure... this was about a year ago now. So fast forward to present time, in the good old stinking fucking hot red dirt paradise/shithole all in one combo we have to offer here in North West Australia and I have a mate who has bought to my attention some 10mg Tablets of Methadone which my pet kangaroo has gone to retrieve as my fingers type this thread. Anyways, Im wondering what would be a good dose for IV use, as for tolerance I occasionally have a shot of Morphine here and there but I've had no opiate tolerance of any sort as of late. Because after the last few days of meth and work I need some sleep and since literally all my weed dealers got done in one foul swoop on the same fucking day (yesterday), So with no luck on the weed front I decided to calm down my dopamine receptors so I can get some ZZZZ's with Methadone, allthough if anything it will probably just make me not feel them at all hahahaha :p

Side Note: I know about the importance of Micron Filtering and all neccesary steps of prepping pills for IV injection in the safest manner possible and am aware of the dangers of injecting pills.

Any other helpful stuff I can provide is that im about 75kg/165lbs, I have a cock, I'm 21 years old and about 5' 10" or 180cm tall roughly give or take an inch.

So thanks for reading my question and in all honesty a slight little vent as I'm pissed about the whole weed situation. But as Kangaroo's are very fast hoppers and now that Im edging ever so deeper into my recovery sleep time before work I would appreciate if someone could atleast put me in the ball park in the way of dosage as time is of they essence

As always thanks BL,

HH95

I don't recommend IVing methadone, but if you must, use micron filters please. Also, an IV dose Methadone itself comes in 5mg / 10mg and 40mg IV ampoules.. So make your best guess with that, and try to stick way under 20mg if it's your first.

YOU CAN ALWAYS DO MORE, YOU CAN'T DO LESS.

Also, if you do not have micron filters, I do not recommend doing it. I would just eat a good few and you'll be just as good.

May I ask why everyone is so apprehensive to IV Methadone in particular, what is so dangerous in comparison to an oxy or a ms contin?

Thank you for your reply nonetheless, might just go a half 10mg to be on the safer side of the safe side, as I posted I will filter impeccably before it goes in me arm as I cherish my limbs very dearly! I honestly am not a fan of banging pills... at fucking all. It is certainly something I dont make a habit of.

its really risky to IV oral syrups, try plugging it instead ;) (for reAL)

Yeah I would think the pills would be able to be prepped up and ived as any other opiate, I mean it is water soluble.. Sure iv pills are terrible for you, but I IV my bupe everyday so I cant say I don't do slam pills, still it is bad for your veins. But IV methadone syrup?!?! Oh hell no, that's gotta be terrible for you, seriously! I wouldn't do that on the regular, I think methadone has a good oral BA if I am not mistaken. But I have needle fever too so I know how it is to want to bang everything... it sucks. Maybe keeping has the right idea about plugging it.. that is usually a very effective method with the majority of opioids.

Maybe keeping has the right idea about plugging it.. that is usually a very effective method with the majority of opioids.

i've heard from some very reliable sources that plugging is the best ROA for 'done, around the same BA as oral admin but it cuts down the time it takes for the high to come on from 3 hours to about 10 minutes. enjoy!

I have plugged the syrup before, Im sorry but everyone saying that IV and Rectal use are almost identical are just kidding themselves. It does come on very quickly and noticeably faster than oral, but its still nothing compared to IV. Back before I was too scared to slam the syrup I just plugged it but when I started shooting it you could tell it wasnt good. But to be frank I personally think your MUCH, MUCH better off IV'ing Methadone Syrup than Pills, just my opinion, But like I said it isnt behavior I partake in on the reg just during desperate times.

How do you iv the syrup exactly? I'm curious about that... I would assume you dilute it with some water right? Cuz if it is anything like the consistency of cough syrup(as I have never tried methadone syrup, just the pills a few times, and just swallowed them) I would think it would be very hard to slam. I don't recall getting much of anything from it when I took the pills orally. I just remember when I used to do oxy everyday, and there was a little drought on them, a friend of mine gave me some 10mg dones and I was sick so I just took em, instead of looking for oxy that wasn't available... I think I was so used to oxy that 20mg of 'done just didn't do anything but get me well, that's it. idk. I had a few friends and my ex girl go on 'done though, they got the liquid methadone from the clinic. They love/loved it, and whats wild to me is none of them have relaspsed who got off of it! but all my friends that jumped on sub like myself, have either relapsed again or are still on subs like me. I'm stuck on bupe. don't want to go back to my old ways and know if I try to get off it, I will most likely be where I used to be back on dope.

Well I was just using a 10ml Barrel and a fat needle forgot what gauge exactly but a fatty indeed (due to its shitty viscosity) and I use the exact same procedure most IV users use, register, pull back, red rose then plunge. Sorry that question was a little open... The syrup was much thinner than your typical cough syrup, I am pretty sure It is quiet thick and they dilute it down with water at the clinic. You really dont get much out of 'done I found unless it is injected IMO, even plugged isnt all that its cracked up to be (see what I did there?) Hehehe, My advice to you sir who loves 2 nod is if it aint broke dont fix it... Your clean and obviously the bupe is helping your sobriety, it sucks, but its better than the latter option.

Interesting, be careful. and a 10ml rig, WHOA! That most likely has a hefty needle on it I'm sure right? I use 1ml insulin rigs, with a very small needle on them, like 1/2" and 30 gauge point. Also, I wouldn't say I am clean by any means... I still take benzos and Adderall everyday, since I am prescribed them. Plus I slam my bupe.. so I am not clean. But I have a legit reason to be on clonazepam and Adderall so I am not just taking them to get loaded like some people. I have really, REALLY bad anxiety and also bad ADHD so I truly benefit from taking them, along with bupe to keep me off the opies. And I still occasionally like to slam coke and smoke crack, SOOOO... not quite there yet. But idk, I guess at least I don't do coke everyday anymore, just occasionally and I don't do H anymore, so that's a plus too. I cant lie I still crave me some opiates now and then but, just do some bupe when I start to crave them and it goes away for the most part.

I'm east coat Australia. I'm pretty sure I get that yellow methadone too. I think it is watered down too before dispensing. The volumes are too inconsistent otherwise. If I'm thinking of the right one, and I'm pretty sure I am, it's 5mg/ml. But that's the ml volume prior to dilution. I think they dilute it because I'd they didn't, an unacceptable about of methadone would disappear stuck to the takeaway containers, and in clinic, with smaller doses, it's to difficult to be sure if you got the right dose with so little volume.

Hope any of this helps. As for syrup vs pill iv. I don't know for sure it really is much worse. But it doesn't sound that implausible. A large amount of a thick liquid is very different than a small about of a still fairly thin liquid.