Methadone clinic Question

Beenhead

Bluelight Crew
Hey kids,

I just started at a clinic. I have been there 6 weeks, and passed two drug tests. I got one take home.
On Sunday, I had a migrane, and took freaking 4 2.5 mg percodans. And awesome luck, I got drug tested on tuesday morning.

I am sure I got positive. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know different places have different rules. But I think I will be honest, and tell them I succombed to a huge migrane that was killing my day, and I wont do it again. It was the first time I took anything but methadone in over a year.

I just dont want them to take my take home, or kick me out. This has really helped me in school.
It was so stupid for me to take that pill, but I just got tested... tricky!

I just want to know what anyone experienced in this thinks they will do the first time I fail a test. The level of oxycdone in my system should be very small...

thanks guys

First of all - I can only go off of what I know from my experience at my clinic when I was there (not anymore). So depending on the clinic rules, it could be very different !

- If you test positive for oxys , which you will if you take percs , then you have option of showing a prescription bottle (had to be within a year of date on bottle for mine) or you could explain it and have documentation from a hospital. If you are testing positive and you bought em / whatever - you could suggest that they test your levels in your body. Seeing as how you are talking about 10mg oxy , it's obvious that recreational doses were never hit, they might be able to cut you some slack. That's all I got buddy - good luck.

Didn't they ask you before you peed whether you'd taken anything?

It's impossible for us to predict what they'll do because we don't know their policies - those should have been explained to you when you signed up. That said, I'd come clean with them and expect closer monitoring for the immediate future. If you're prone to migraines then you need some kind of agreed plan on how you'll manage them in the future.

It's actually possible that the level of percocet present in your urine when you peed had dropped below detectable levels - it has a short half life.

Last edited:
yeah.. I doubt they will kick me out or anything... I just feel completely dumb for taking those stupid things. I need the take home since I travel constantly on the weekends... but I have to take responsibility for my mistakes if it come to that.

Didn't they ask you before you peed whether you'd taken anything?

It's impossible for us to predict what they'll do because we don't know their policies - those should have been explained to you when you signed up. That said, I'd come clean with them and expect closer monitoring for the immediate future. If you're prone to migraines then you need some kind of agreed plan on how you'll manage them in the future.

It's actually possible that the level of percocet present in your urine when you peed had dropped below detectable levels - it has a short half life.

No they didnt, I am new to this whole thing, the packet they gave me didnt really say what would happen.

it said dirty UAs COULD lead to revocation of take homes and privileges .

I realize that about the levels of oxycodone were so low, they could be below the threshold. But, Drug testing questions are not allowed on BL.. So I steered clear of that as a potential remedy

No they didnt, I am new to this whole thing, the packet they gave me didnt really say what would happen.

it said dirty UAs COULD lead to revocation of take homes and privileges .

I realize that about the levels of oxycodone were so low, they could be below the threshold. But, Drug testing questions are not allowed on BL.. So I steered clear of that as a potential remedy

you should be straight forward with them if it comes up. Sounds very much like my old clinic, even if you had a dirty urine, if you were making groups - we're seeing your counselor then you still could keep a take home - I know one dude who blew a bunch of blow on his bday, kept his take homes, he fucked up, it happens !!

yeah.. I doubt they will kick me out or anything... I just feel completely dumb for taking those stupid things. I need the take home since I travel constantly on the weekends... but I have to take responsibility for my mistakes if it come to that.

I'd be surprised if they kicked you out too, but sure as shit the one time any of us say that someone's not going to get kicked out they'll be in a programme which has a zero tolerance, one strike and you're out policy.

They wouldn't kick you out, tell them to send it to the lab to check your levels if they try to pull anything. To be honest, if you only took 10mg of oxycodone on Sunday, its quite possible your urine would be clean. Also do they test for oxycodone ( I'm sure they do its a meth clinic) but you never know, they might only be testing for morphine based drugs.

Thanks guys! You put my mind at east a little. The Methadone clinic has really been a good thing for me. I am not always chasing drugs down across the state, missing class becuase of it, I wake up every single morniing at 8 Am or earlier, which is somehting I have never done. My only regret is not doing this sooner. Not to mention the money I save. I have been doing mehtadone illicitly for years... I should of started this sooner.

Anyone who has been on opioids for a long time, and who has considerable tolerance and dependence, I strongly feel would be better off on Methadone. You can even get a buzz form it, if that is why you wont switch. I have been on it for 5 years and still get a buzz. I modulate my tolerance with cimetidine. I am always inbetween 35 and 110 mg per day. This fluctuates over long periods of time between the high and low end. I averaged areound 60mg/day.

If you are dependent on Opioids, please, seriously consider getting on methadone!

Thanks for all your help

Sounds to me like your trying your hardest, and I dont think you have anything to worry about. Just keep up the good work amd press on towards your goal. You have brighter days coming in your future...

KEEP UP THE HARD WORK BUDDY!!
sean

They wont kick you off! The place I have been a member of will only kick you off it you've done something REALLY bad! You could give dirty urines for a year, and not get kicked off, but you wont get take homes either.

You will probably lose your take home if you cant show a prescription for the medicine. For the person who says that 10mg isnt a recreational dose, so they wont care maybe..... Thats crap! When I was using percs occasionally for the first few years, I only took one 5mg at a time as a recreational dose! I wasnt trying to nod out all the time, I just wanted to feel good.

Let me get this straight.. you took 4 (four) 2.5 (2 and one half) mg pills of oxycodone? So you took 10mg of oxycodone? The equivalent of one small Percocet/dan? That's nothing.. you'll piss clean I'm 99% sure.