• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methadone and D-Amphetamine: Interactions?

i regularly take my RX'd 20mg dextro and 2mg xanax with my daily 205mg methadone dose ... they mix nicely, and from what I've read d-amp potentiates opiates , at least the analgesia, as far as d-amp increasing the clearance time of the done i dont know for sure but i feel like it does a little

I take 95 mg methadone daily, and the tolerance to daily methadone builds quickly. I barely feel anything from the meth now I unless I use every potentiator under the sun.
Now I'm prescribed amphetamine salts as well (20 mg d/l amphetamine ir bid). I never take the same dose daily because tolerance builds to amphetamine completely as well. So here's the deal with my vast experience.
A tiny dose of your amph after you dose your meth can make a methadone tolerant person feel their methadone and get some euphoria where as they would normally feel nothing. I think it is that added burst of dopamine adds what's missing to the effects of methadone.

Too much amphetamine basically over powers all methadone effects and you'll experience the usual unpleasant stimulant comedown which could feel extremely difficult mentally and physically which could easily be mistaken for opioid withdrawal or precipitated methadone withdrawal but it is not.

Taking methadone after a long and difficult night of amphetamine comedown could feel amazing just for the shear relief it and other opioid provide to nasty stimulant related side effects.

One more thing, be careful taking opiates and other downers while on stimulants because it will feel like you could handle much much more of the downer than usual while on the stim. While for some people this could hold true, the dangerous part is that when the stimulant wears off, if you still have larger than normal amounts of depressants in your system, dangerous problems may arise such as extreme hypotension, difficulty breathing, and more including fatal event depending on the drug or combination.

Also mixing amphetamine with opioid can cause extreme constipation our paralytic illeus sp?

mygreenbic