• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth smells & taste like diesel

KaliSMeth&stuff

Bluelighter
Bought some stuff from someone I buy off of always & the stuff is still good as in gets me leveled out (Dont get high like I use too so pretty much use for maintenance) but the taste that hits you in the back throat its awful & lingers It taste like fuel am thinking almost like diesel. It definitely smells like diesel has anyone have meth that had this smell or taste?

I live in canada FYI

No, Meth doesn't smell like diesel. The shit they mix into it may smell like (or even be) diesel though.

Pure Meth has a weak alkaline smell and should taste somewhat bitter. Anything else you pick up is in the cut.

What colour did it burn? Green by any chance? I once had gear that went green and pretty much ruined the interior of a car we had for half a day. The smell was sooooo foul. Not like diesel but something i cant really describe

or as in the smell of ''speed'' or ''gas'' as they call it in Australia (im from Australia) (all speed is also methamphetamine in Australia) (Most speed stinks in australia and has a taste if smoked. Sometimes the meth smells too and has a taste)

Last edited:
I haven't done meth often but the last time i did it had a gasoline type smells and taste, i thought that's what it was supposedly taste like, guess i'm wrong. also in Canada

What colour did it burn? Green by any chance? I once had gear that went green and pretty much ruined the interior of a car we had for half a day. The smell was sooooo foul. Not like diesel but something i cant really describe

or as in the smell of ''speed'' or ''gas'' as they call it in Australia (im from Australia) (all speed is also methamphetamine in Australia) (Most speed stinks in australia and has a taste if smoked. Sometimes the meth smells too and has a taste)
I dont smoke it so wouldnt know that sucks about your vehicle & i would be concerned if my shit turned green

Bought some stuff from someone I buy off of always & the stuff is still good
Was it though?
as in gets me leveled out (Dont get high like I use too so pretty much use for maintenance)
Also possible: ween down and take tolerance breaks. It’s much better that way. Drug dependency is expensive, inefficient, and in general not a good look. Although on the other hand dependency on stimulants isn’t life threatening the way anticonvulsant dependency can be for someone stopping cold turkey. To relieve the ensuing boredom, try some different drugs out, perhaps? Psychedelics can be very rewarding, fun, and—relevant to the discussion—stimulating, albeit in a different manner from crystal meth.

Also, I would definitely complain to your dealer and/or get a better dealer.

Btw, not getting high but using a drug anyway for “maintenance” is classic “drug addiction” symptom-type shit straight from a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet. People on this forum will go into a self-righteous, anti-drug frenzy over posting something like this, just to warn you.

but the taste that hits you in the back throat its awful & lingers
Not meth, definitely a cut. Some common cuts are: MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane, it’s sold in Vitamin shops and is a health food supplement with benefits for your joints, but that’s not why it’s used to cut meth (the answer there, as with 99/100 things in life is: money/profit)), n-isobutylamine (worse and difficult to separate from your gear), and unconverted precursor and similar byproducts. Also possible: the remnants of someone selecting the wrong non-polar solvent during an acid/base extraction, gassing, or recrystallization, which can in fact trap molecules of shit like Xylene, Toluene, Hexane or Heptane, for example, in your drug crystals.
It taste like fuel am thinking almost like diesel.
There are a ton of petroleum distillates with a similar smell.
It definitely smells like diesel has anyone have meth that had this smell or taste?
Yeah, something like that. Put epsom salt on a sheet of aluminium foil covering a pan for the oven. Bake the epsom salts for an hour or so @400°F or until the water is evaporated from salts. You can tell because it gets very ashy and you will need to break it up as it clumps together upon drying. This is magnesium sulfate (MgSO₄). Fill a jar with a lid about 1/3 full with MgSO₄. Now pour acetone in the jar, filling it up. Shake it up well so the MgSO₄ can dissolve any remnants of water from your acetone. Let it sit in the freezer overnight while the salts settle in the bottom taking any water that was present with it and keeping it out of the portion of acetone you’re going to use to clean that gear. It’s imperative it be completely free of all water. So then just put your gear on a filter in a funnel and carefully pour anhydrous acetone over the gear. That might seem counterintuitive, but acetone dries really quickly and can often wash out impurities that are not alkaloids (they do not have nitrogen moieties)
I live in canada FYI
That’s cool. Canada should have more syllables in its name. I think it should be pronounced “Canannannadiddada” whilst being spelled “Denmark”.

Nah, I’m just bullshitting.

Either way, meth was meant to be vaporized (no one technically “smokes” meth as combustion would destroy it and taste like cancer to boot). It’s mildly painful to insufflate.

I haven't read this whole thread so mea culpa if an answer already exists somewhere. But I was given a bag of coke as pure white lumpy powder and a bag of dutch speed that both smelt quite similar. I have not had any coke for something like 5 years or more, but the smell was what I remembered shitty Australian coke smelling like. But then this tan coloured sandy consistency dutch speed seemed to smell very similar.

I'm guessing it's likely to be use of the same solvent in final preparation for sale rather than the same cut or additive. I really didn't want to taste either of them but they are apparently some of the best examples of their respective drug types money can buy in this part of the world.

Could be that they used starter fluid as a solvent at some point. Starter fluid is mostly ether with some heptane added. Heptane is diesel fuel.

I've actually done this with methcathinone before when I was much, much younger, and yes the product had a faint smell of diesel.

Yeah, every now&then I've had meth with a very faint petroleum-like odor. Not overpowering, and not particularly unpleasant. Usually potent.
I had one g a few months ago that tasted horrible if smoked-- extremely bitter but not that fuel taste. It was good, though. I plugged most of it with no ill effects.

I haven't read this whole thread so mea culpa if an answer already exists somewhere. But I was given a bag of coke as pure white lumpy powder and a bag of dutch speed that both smelt quite similar. I have not had any coke for something like 5 years or more, but the smell was what I remembered shitty Australian coke smelling like. But then this tan coloured sandy consistency dutch speed seemed to smell very similar.

I'm guessing it's likely to be use of the same solvent in final preparation for sale rather than the same cut or additive. I really didn't want to taste either of them but they are apparently some of the best examples of their respective drug types money can buy in this part of the world.
Perhaps both were “re-rocked” w/same cutting agent+solvent. Cocaine hcl and amphetamine so4 have different solvencies / physical attributes, so this could easily be screwed-up by middlemen drug-dealers putting (another) layer of cut on the product…

I wonder how often “Dutch speed” (amphetamine sulfate) is in fact racemic dl-methamphetamine.hcl—aka P2P meth—these days? Probably less than I suspect, but I think dl-meth is closer in qualitative effect to amphetamine sulfate compared to d-isomer meth produced whenever ephedrine is reduced to meth instead of reductively aminating P2P.

Given that MDMA and a few other stims/psychedelic phenthylamines featuring alpha,n-dimethylation are oftentimes produced in The Netherlands according to L.E.’s seizure reports data, it’s not far-fetched to guess some large-scale, clandestine chemistry operator there has access to a shitload of methylamine. Depending on route availability, a lab operator might go from a precursor like benzaldehyde to phenylacetone (P-2-P) to racemic meth and then just leave the two isomers unresolved, sell the whole thing as “Dutch speed” in Europe, and no one will likely ever know the difference, or by the time they do, they won’t care, because the stuff is fire when it’s pure.

Eh. Chances are: an operation of this sort produces its own methylamine in-house, in which case they have access to anhydrous ammonia, so from a chemical-logistics angle, this is a moot point. But from the perspective of dealing with amphetamine sulfate’s hygroscopic nature (not a typo; weird word, right? “Hygroscopic”?), perhaps therein lies the incentive, idk. Someone go find Steve Preisler – he claims P2P meth > d-isomer meth. Perhaps he’s right. Different strokes for different folks, though, right? … Or, if you prefer: It takes all types to make the world go round. (A bit more like the Queen’s, that expression, init?)

Perhaps both were “re-rocked” w/same cutting agent+solvent. Cocaine hcl and amphetamine so4 have different solvencies / physical attributes, so this could easily be screwed-up by middlemen drug-dealers putting (another) layer of cut on the product…

I wonder how often “Dutch speed” (amphetamine sulfate) is in fact racemic dl-methamphetamine.hcl—aka P2P meth—these days? Probably less than I suspect, but I think dl-meth is closer in qualitative effect to amphetamine sulfate compared to d-isomer meth produced whenever ephedrine is reduced to meth instead of reductively aminating P2P.

Given that MDMA and a few other stims/psychedelic phenthylamines featuring alpha,n-dimethylation are oftentimes produced in The Netherlands according to L.E.’s seizure reports data, it’s not far-fetched to guess some large-scale, clandestine chemistry operator there has access to a shitload of methylamine. Depending on route availability, a lab operator might go from a precursor like benzaldehyde to phenylacetone (P-2-P) to racemic meth and then just leave the two isomers unresolved, sell the whole thing as “Dutch speed” in Europe, and no one will likely ever know the difference, or by the time they do, they won’t care, because the stuff is fire when it’s pure.

Eh. Chances are: an operation of this sort produces its own methylamine in-house, in which case they have access to anhydrous ammonia, so from a chemical-logistics angle, this is a moot point. But from the perspective of dealing with amphetamine sulfate’s hygroscopic nature (not a typo; weird word, right? “Hygroscopic”?), perhaps therein lies the incentive, idk. Someone go find Steve Preisler – he claims P2P meth > d-isomer meth. Perhaps he’s right. Different strokes for different folks, though, right? … Or, if you prefer: It takes all types to make the world go round. (A bit more like the Queen’s, that expression, init?)
I've often wondered about the source of methylamine used for crazy Dutch MDMA production. I guess when you've got the kind of money large MDMA syndicates do methylamine is easy to source or produce.

Could be that they used starter fluid as a solvent at some point. Starter fluid is mostly ether with some heptane added. Heptane is diesel fuel.
Heptane, Hexane, Naphtha, Kerosene – all resemble diesel fuel if you’re not really familiar with the differences.
I've actually done this with methcathinone before when I was much, much younger, and yes the product had a faint smell of diesel.
Hell yes, Methcathinone is some throwback blast-from-the-past shit; wow, usually no one has any clue WTF I’m talking about when I ramble on about methCat, thinking I’m referring to 4-MMC maybe at best. But yeah, The Hive, Strike, Rhodium, The ADC… brewing up methcathinone from ephedrine and an oxidizer like the Jones Reagent / potassium dichromate, something along those lines. I used to dream of this. This was over two decades ago, well past the statute of limitations for these kinds of activities, let alone dreams, and I too was much younger, but hell yeah, methCat is a fun stimulant. All you really needed was a sufficiently powerful oxidizing agent such as potassium dichromate to get to it.

Heptane, Hexane, Naphtha, Kerosene – all resemble diesel fuel if you’re not really familiar with the differences.

Hell yes, Methcathinone is some throwback blast-from-the-past shit; wow, usually no one has any clue WTF I’m talking about when I ramble on about methCat, thinking I’m referring to 4-MMC maybe at best. But yeah, The Hive, Strike, Rhodium, The ADC… brewing up methcathinone from ephedrine and an oxidizer like the Jones Reagent / potassium dichromate, something along those lines. I used to dream of this. This was over two decades ago, well past the statute of limitations for these kinds of activities, let alone dreams, and I too was much younger, but hell yeah, methCat is a fun stimulant. All you really needed was a sufficiently powerful oxidizing agent such as potassium dichromate to get to it.
I always used KMNO3 due to it's easy availability.

I've often wondered about the source of methylamine used for crazy Dutch MDMA production. I guess when you've got the kind of money large MDMA syndicates do methylamine is easy to source or produce.
Well, I think it’s a good educated guess that substandard methylamine production techniques will lead to the byproducts, dimethylamine and trimethylamine, alongside the target reagent: methylamine. Producing methylamine outside of the legit chemical production industry is challenging, tedious, and perilous in many ways, so this wouldn’t surprise me if it were true. This, in turn, would presumably lead to MDDMA and MDTMA byproducts from the reaction and they will be very difficult and resource intensive to separate.

There’s legit lab-based evidence to suggest either byproduct will bind competitively at the 5-HT transporter, inhibiting 5-HT reuptake while also blocking MDMA from traveling up the transporter to the presynaptic storage to exhibit its hallmark action of massive serotonin release. Forgive me if you know all this already, but I’m also posting the knowledge in general…
I always used KMNO3 due to it's easy availability.
Yeah potassium permanganate is used to clean pools and it can be used to filter undrinkable water into clean, potable water for instance as needed in underdeveloped parts of the world. There is a thing called permanganate poisoning to be aware of (though it’s rarely fatal).

Right, so as I recall, the reaction needed to be cooled externally by water bath or placement in a fridge or something. This prevents pot. perm. from oxidizing the living shit out of the ephedrine molecules, cleaving off all the carbon chains and excess hydrogens from the targeted compound’s phenyl ring, and rendering sweet, almond-smelling benzene instead. In the end, it was more rewarding to convert that same ephedrine to d-methamphetamine via Birch reduction or the Nagai route, instead, but those were different times.

Did you have good yields with the KMNO₃ method? Chromium salts are used for tanning leather, btw. Easy to procure and also handy if you have some leather that needs tanning, which sounds suggestive (like the word, “kumquat”) but was meant literally here…

But yeah I think the Dutch Chemists are probably massively producing their own methylamine… that, or, they could be sourcing through China, but one would think they would know to question the purity of something critical like that coming from labs of questionable international legality in China…

Well, I think it’s a good educated guess that substandard methylamine production techniques will lead to the byproducts, dimethylamine and trimethylamine, alongside the target reagent: methylamine. Producing methylamine outside of the legit chemical production industry is challenging, tedious, and perilous in many ways, so this wouldn’t surprise me if it were true. This, in turn, would presumably lead to MDDMA and MDTMA byproducts from the reaction and they will be very difficult and resource intensive to separate.

There’s legit lab-based evidence to suggest either byproduct will bind competitively at the 5-HT transporter, inhibiting 5-HT reuptake while also blocking MDMA from traveling up the transporter to the presynaptic storage to exhibit its hallmark action of massive serotonin release. Forgive me if you know all this already, but I’m also posting the knowledge in general…

Yeah potassium permanganate is used to clean pools and it can be used to filter undrinkable water into clean, potable water for instance as needed in underdeveloped parts of the world. There is a thing called permanganate poisoning to be aware of (though it’s rarely fatal).

Right, so as I recall, the reaction needed to be cooled externally by water bath or placement in a fridge or something. This prevents pot. perm. from oxidizing the living shit out of the ephedrine molecules, cleaving off all the carbon chains and excess hydrogens from the targeted compound’s phenyl ring, and rendering sweet, almond-smelling benzene instead. In the end, it was more rewarding to convert that same ephedrine to d-methamphetamine via Birch reduction or the Nagai route, instead, but those were different times.

Did you have good yields with the KMNO₃ method? Chromium salts are used for tanning leather, btw. Easy to procure and also handy if you have some leather that needs tanning, which sounds suggestive (like the word, “kumquat”) but was meant literally here…

But yeah I think the Dutch Chemists are probably massively producing their own methylamine… that, or, they could be sourcing through China, but one would think they would know to question the purity of something critical like that coming from labs of questionable international legality in China…
I only had a good yield with KMNO3 once and it was the one time that I had the pseudoephedrine solution forming ice before adding the KMNO3. The reaction is very temperature sensitive.

Manganese poisoning is a real thing that's common for welders. It causes parkinsonism. That's probably the biggest reason I've only tried it a handful of times.

I mean when the reaction is finished the manganese metal does precipitate out of solution and then you filter it out. Still I don't like risking Parkinson's.