• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth: Side effect or not

Nightrider19

Bluelight Crew
The past fews particularly yesterday I have noticed some changes but could be from anything really.

But my left hand, wrist and arm has been aching but not quite numb especially the top of my hand and I thought yesterday it had something to do with circulation and woke up fine.

I smoked a second pipe before ( small quantities I went to bed earlier last night because it was irritating me) and it started again.

I have never had this happen and I tried looking it up but maybe I’m describing it wrong any insight?

Also the bottom of my feet were tingly with pain which is odd.

Thank you

Heyo! Could I ask a couple questions, but only answer within your own comfort levels.

How long have you been using altogether?
Do you binge, daily low dose, etc.
Do you remember having these symptoms before you used?
Other useful info that may help?

There are plenty of reasons, and answers. Having some background info on the situation helps.

How long have you been using altogether?
Do you binge, daily low dose, etc.
Do you remember having these symptoms before you used?
Other useful info that may help?

This year it’s been 6 months, I stopped as I wasn’t doing it frequently and I went away a couple of times and started back about 5 weeks ago. Befor that there is all sorts of history

My routine changes but currently I smoke everyday (evening) awake for majority of the night or the most I stay up for is about 2-3 days with minimal sleep. I function pretty well 3 is my limit.

Never had these symptoms ever that’s why they standout.

Another way of describing how my hand feels is when you have a cannula in and it’s administering meds and air get in the line it kind of hurts that’s what my top of the hand feels like the rest is aching pain BUT only in my left side arm,wrist,hand

My mum wants me to go to the doctors but I wanted to do my own research first.
I’m fairly certain it’s from using but why,how,what,when

Harm Reduction is always going to start with the same steps, and I apologize. It's not as easy as those steps ever sound, but..

Take a break, rehydrate, refresh, and go to a Doctor for a check-up. I would strongly suggest letting your Doctor know, but 'The War on Meth' has created a stigma so deep it even runs through communities like this.

Obviously we all can't jump up and do that, soooo..

There may be something cut with what you're using. Meth is a doozy and your body could simply be out of whack. Aches and sore body parts could be from muscle clenching without realizing it. Blood circulation can be an issue, and combined with those sore muscles? I believe the feet issue is a side-effect of blood pressure which is altered by meth use.

There are hundreds of possible causes, but I would go see a doctor. If you can manage, and have the ability to suffer? Take a break at the least and get your body back in working shape.

i have had this damn exact thing happen to me however from crack cocaine, it is caused by the vasoconstriction, it felt worse than a cramp in my hand/wrist and lasted awhile and nothing would really fix it until the drug started to wear off.

I have never had noticable circulation issues until I used meth but Same sort of issue here. I first noticed that my legs and feet would swell up during the day. Then I noticed that my feet and hands were often cold even though the rest of my body was warm. Pretty soon the tip of my nose and ears joined in as well as the genitals. These symptoms are usually gone after about 18 hours of last hit. I'm going to the doctor. I'm not divulging to the Dr that I've been smoking meth for 2 months.
Other then not using the following improved circulation.
Compression socks
massage
Raising feet above heart
Stretching

If you end up in the mindloop of doibg thread task over and over or sitting /standing in the same position while fucking around in your phone or whatever that can cause the stiffness in itself.

You need to take a magnesium supplement for muscle spasms and keep hydrated and all the usual crap about looking after yourself.

Does renauds disease run in your family?

If you make yourself move around a d not stay in the same spot it'll help pump blood around instead if we don't it straight back yo the heart, that happens on drugs a fair bit.

I'm not sure about Renaud disease or any disease running in my family, I'm kind of a loaner..
But yes I have noticed that as long as I'm moving, flexing and hydrated it's not too bad. It's difficult to keep moving/stretching and not get self cautious about looking "impaired". Some days I'm hiking up and down ravines and the next day I'm stuck at a desk, or the worst is standing in a skiff for 8 plus hours and then a 2 hour drive home.
I'll add magnesium supplements to my daily and see how that goes. Thanks for the insight :)

I'm not sure about Renaud disease or any disease running in my family, I'm kind of a loaner..
But yes I have noticed that as long as I'm moving, flexing and hydrated it's not too bad. It's difficult to keep moving/stretching and not get self cautious about looking "impaired". Some days I'm hiking up and down ravines and the next day I'm stuck at a desk, or the worst is standing in a skiff for 8 plus hours and then a 2 hour drive home.
I'll add magnesium supplements to my daily and see how that goes. Thanks for the insight :)
Did the magnesium help you? I just started a week ago & I feel better.