• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Meth Recovery

96intheshade

Bluelighter
Hey everyone.
Recovering from 6 months of heavy meth use. Just got a quick question.

After a couple weeks of feeling fine, for the past week I have been completely lethargic and unable to motivate myself to work. I took a job painting this house for my friend while he was put of town and I have completely botched the project. Not able to focus, not able to wake up on time, sleeping 15+ hours a day.

I've dealt with depression before, and I'm definitely depressed now, but not to a huge extreme. I just cannot gain sustained energy and focus. I take all the supplements that are recommended.

Any tips or ideas on how I can regain energy to wake up on time and get moving?

Yesterday I was on my way to pick up, because I needed to get this work done. My friend called me out of nowhere and asked me if I wanted some coke lol. I decided to flip around and grab that instead. It's helping but man what a horrid high tbh lol..at least I didn't pick up the you know what...:/

Thanks

Good healthy food. Lots of hydration. Sunshine and fresh air. Restful sleep. Trying not to get stuck in thought loops about your use.

From what I have read on here the drug seems to be very powerful and will hijack your whole dopamine neurotransmitters and when you quit you feel like an elephant is sitting on you. Coke I have heard can be just as fiend-y as meth so be careful switching up to that. Plus I hear it's more expensive.

From what I can gather from reading BL the only help really is time itself. Time away from the lifestyle and time to heal. It may not make people puke and have bowel problems in WD but the mental aspect is just as bad ( or worse ) than any other drug. Drugs may hijack our physical body ( dependence ) but I think they hijack our brain in a much more damaging fashion. I would WD ten times body wise if I could have just bypassed the mental part. For some it is a lifelong battle to crush the cravings. I hope you win. Everybody on here ( especially the meth users ) think I demonize the drug. The only times I tend to demonize ANY drug is when I read posts from people that have had enough, want out of the lifestyle and want some type of normalcy back in their life. Could be fent, heroin, crack, cigarettes, booze, anything. People hat use responsibly and with moderation don't come on here for help.

Stay strong 💖

Good healthy food. Lots of hydration. Sunshine and fresh air. Restful sleep. Trying not to get stuck in thought loops about your use.

From what I have read on here the drug seems to be very powerful and will hijack your whole dopamine neurotransmitters and when you quit you feel like an elephant is sitting on you. Coke I have heard can be just as fiend-y as meth so be careful switching up to that. Plus I hear it's more expensive.

From what I can gather from reading BL the only help really is time itself. Time away from the lifestyle and time to heal. It may not make people puke and have bowel problems in WD but the mental aspect is just as bad ( or worse ) than any other drug. Drugs may hijack our physical body ( dependence ) but I think they hijack our brain in a much more damaging fashion. I would WD ten times body wise if I could have just bypassed the mental part. For some it is a lifelong battle to crush the cravings. I hope you win. Everybody on here ( especially the meth users ) think I demonize the drug. The only times I tend to demonize ANY drug is when I read posts from people that have had enough, want out of the lifestyle and want some type of normalcy back in their life. Could be fent, heroin, crack, cigarettes, booze, anything. People hat use responsibly and with moderation don't come on here for help.

Stay strong 💖

Thank you,
To be honest the cravings haven't been as bad as I thought they were, I think the fact I had lingering auditory and visual hallucinations after a week of not using kinda scared me off of it. The fear of the negatives kinda have overcome the cravings...But I only used for half a year. I guess I just don't understand why after a week of not using I had lethargy but it wasn't unbearable I could still get out of bed really bad depression and emotionality however. Then the next week (this past week) the depression has lessened (although irritability is more prevalent) but i've been unable to get out of bed even after 15+ hours of sleep. Oddly the only thing that wakes me up is weed!

Tbh I know there is really no answer for this so I wont blame anyone for not commenting lol. I was hoping some neuroscientist would pop in and explain something that probably hasn't even been researched. Bottom line is meth can fuck up your brain chemistry in complex ways.

To be honest in my own personal experience, cocaine has made me a more angry, hateful, emotionless person more so than meth but that's only my personal experience, I think it has to do with the harsher coke comedown that I experience. Where I live there are more "functioning" users of meth than most places in the country so it's hard to demonize it as much as some do, but I get the demonization. Then again we have our fair share of crime inspired tweakers lol

Thanks

Hey everyone.
Recovering from 6 months of heavy meth use. Just got a quick question.

After a couple weeks of feeling fine, for the past week I have been completely lethargic and unable to motivate myself to work. I took a job painting this house for my friend while he was put of town and I have completely botched the project. Not able to focus, not able to wake up on time, sleeping 15+ hours a day.

I've dealt with depression before, and I'm definitely depressed now, but not to a huge extreme. I just cannot gain sustained energy and focus. I take all the supplements that are recommended.

Any tips or ideas on how I can regain energy to wake up on time and get moving?

Yesterday I was on my way to pick up, because I needed to get this work done. My friend called me out of nowhere and asked me if I wanted some coke lol. I decided to flip around and grab that instead. It's helping but man what a horrid high tbh lol..at least I didn't pick up the you know what...:/

Thanks

If you can see a doctor, do so.

Wellbutrin and Modafinil can help with motivation. Atypical antipsychotics like Seroquel can also help.

Be HAPPY you're just dealing with 6 months of use. Learn to love yourself, exercise, and stay away from other drugs, especially cocaine. You need time for your cardiovascular system to recover, and every other drug of abuse will not help you recover mentally and only make things worse.