• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth - quitting weird muscle symptoms

pearlrose389

Greenlighter
Hello there, I’ve been having meth (smoking it) probably daily for the last couple of months. After about the 2nd or 3rd day of not having anything I’ve been having weird muscle spasms and soreness, restless muscles and cannot find comfort in sitting or lying down. Sometimes I get hot flushes too and usually will take Panadol to help, though it doesn’t do much. When I start smoking again the pain and symptoms go away. This is making it really hard to quit longer than a couple of days,as I don’t know what else I can do to help with the pain when quitting. Can anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know anything which can help? Thanks.

I get this as well. I thought it was because I've had two back surgeries and the meth was aggravating it. The muscle spasms and pain get worse as you keep using it. I honestly have trouble just walking and getting down the stairs.

Wait out the discomfort for 14 days (at the most) and don't do it again. It's the most terrible drug in the world. If you're escaping addiction to it with your sanity, consider yourself lucky and move on without it.

Wait out the discomfort for 14 days (at the most) and don't do it again. It's the most terrible drug in the world. If you're escaping addiction to it with your sanity, consider yourself lucky and move on without it.
Thank you. I'm really trying and feel pretty hopeless about the whole thing. Have a lot of people that depend on me. The guilt and shame is unbelievable. Drugs never used to run my life the way they do now. I've been a member of support programs and done 12 step meetings but this time is diff.

Hello there, I’ve been having meth (smoking it) probably daily for the last couple of months. After about the 2nd or 3rd day of not having anything I’ve been having weird muscle spasms and soreness, restless muscles and cannot find comfort in sitting or lying down. Sometimes I get hot flushes too and usually will take Panadol to help, though it doesn’t do much. When I start smoking again the pain and symptoms go away. This is making it really hard to quit longer than a couple of days,as I don’t know what else I can do to help with the pain when quitting. Can anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know anything which can help? Thanks.
Thst drug is corrosive as fuck. It's also maybe cause ure depleting ur body from vitamins, proteíns and what not. Don't use that drug, it's garbage.

I
I get this as well. I thought it was because I've had two back surgeries and the meth was aggravating it. The muscle spasms and pain get worse as you keep using it. I honestly have trouble just walking and getting down the stairs.
I’m not the only one. I found smoking it made my pain go away, though the last time I had it it didn’t make any difference. I just quit psychotic drug I was on though so maybe that’s effecting it. I hope your pain gets better.

Thst drug is corrosive as fuck. It's also maybe cause ure depleting ur body from vitamins, proteíns and what not. Don't use that drug, it's garbage.
So true. I had a blood test done to see if there is anything wrong with me. I’ll know by Tuesday what the results are. Keep you posted with trying to quit. Thanks

Do
Does something happen after 14 days? I’m going to try as best as I can to keep off it.

Some people find these kind of symptoms relieved with magnesium chelate 1000-2000 mg twice a day.

In addition to multi-vitamins and plenty of isotonic fluids.

Do

Does something happen after 14 days? I’m going to try as best as I can to keep off it.
Most withdrawals end after 14 days, with the length of time you’re talking about. Try 14 days and don’t go back. It will destroy your brain. You don’t want to get the point of psychosis. I wish you the best. I know it’s hard. Just for today… ( I don’t buy into the 12 steps. But i agree with this. Don’t think about the future. Just focus on today)

Most withdrawals end after 14 days, with the length of time you’re talking about. Try 14 days and don’t go back. It will destroy your brain. You don’t want to get the point of psychosis. I wish you the best. I know it’s hard. Just for today… ( I don’t buy into the 12 steps. But i agree with this. Don’t think about the future. Just focus on today)
I don’t buy into the 12 steps as a lifelong program, but when I went mad from an IV coke binge and years later from my first IV meth binge doing the fabled “90 Meetings in 90 Days” was really valuable in short circuiting my uncontrollable binge and getting through the comedown/withdrawal.

Together with a morning and evening exercise regime I recommend a short stint in AA at the beginning of going clean.

Some people find these kind of symptoms relieved with magnesium chelate 1000-2000 mg twice a day.

Thank you I’ll try this

T
I don’t buy into the 12 steps as a lifelong program, but when I went mad from an IV coke binge and years later from my first IV meth binge doing the fabled “90 Meetings in 90 Days” was really valuable in short circuiting my uncontrollable binge and getting through the comedown/withdrawal.

Together with a morning and evening exercise regime I recommend a short stint in AA at the beginning of going clean.
Thats awesome!

I got the results of the blood test I was low in iron and vitamin d. I’ve been having vitamin d daily and have had less trouble with the muscles aching. Still lots of sleep and feeling down ish. It’s been a week. It’s hard but I think when my levels are up I’ll be able to tackle this. Finding things to do rather than sleep is key. My partner is trying to quit also.