• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth psychotic episode months after original psychosis

Vexanize

Bluelighter
So I thought that the horrifying auditory hallucinations were over over 5 months ago in march after taking too many exo's that were cut with meth. But, i got really bad insomnia for 2 days (I slept but not well) as well as I wasn't eating much (it almost felt like I was on amps just not as intense of stimulation), and I went outside at night again and had another psychotic episode that induced terrifying auditory hallucinations. I almost froze in fear again due to my nervous system going haywire with tension, but I mustered up the motivation to just go inside. I ended up in the bathroom, throwing up because the fear made me nauseas. I'm still a bit afraid to go out at night again, almost like some sort of hallucination induced PTSD. Any thoughts on this or similar experiences? Feel free to post below!

Have a fantastical day :)

Are you currently on any antipsychotics or other meds?

Insomnia and poor nutrition not only contributed to my psychosis/schizo, but made it last longer.

I praise a higher power that I no longer have this type of shit happen to me. Believe you can get better, and you just might (if you take care of yourself!).

It took nearly 2 years, but I am proud to say I only have one lingering schizo symptom and very minor. Recovery is possible. How is your diet/sleep otherwise?

I have experienced acute amphetamine psychosis before (unrelated to my last diagnosis), and it's fucking terrifying. I know....

My best,
snafu

Last edited:
Are you currently on any antipsychotics or other meds?

Insomnia and poor nutrition not only contributed to my psychosis/schizo, but made it last longer.

I praise a higher power that I no longer have this type of shit happen to me. Believe you can get better, and you just might.

My best,
snafu
Yeah I have Seroquel as a PRN for sleep, although i never take it for that due to residual tiredness. I only take it when I'm very manic or having some sort of psychosis. I've been diagnosed with drug induced psychosis since I didn't have psychotic issues before abusing hallucinogens and other drugs. But, ever since I hit rock bottom back in like March-April my addiction just became way less of an issue once I started putting responsibility and the people I care about above it, as well as the drug induced psychosis slowly deteriorating as my brain heals. Once I finally conquered it, I had a chance to build off of the foundation I've been creating. It's truly a relief and I thank whatever higher power is out there for bestowing upon me the luck I've had with nearly dying from overdoses and allowing my brain/body to recover as much as possible.

Yeah I have Seroquel as a PRN for sleep, although i never take it for that due to residual tiredness. I only take it when I'm very manic or having some sort of psychosis. I've been diagnosed with drug induced psychosis since I didn't have psychotic issues before abusing hallucinogens and other drugs. But, ever since I hit rock bottom back in like March-April my addiction just became way less of an issue once I started putting responsibility and the people I care about above it, as well as the drug induced psychosis slowly deteriorating as my brain heals. Once I finally conquered it, I had a chance to build off of the foundation I've been creating. It's truly a relief and I thank whatever higher power is out there for bestowing upon me the luck I've had with nearly dying from overdoses and allowing my brain/body to recover as much as possible.

Fuck man.... you sound so much like me.....

I was diagnosed drug induced schizo AFTER a psychosis which got me fired from work and made homeless. I did everything the doc told me. I was on some pretty heavy antipsychotics and took them regularly without question for about 8 months before deciding I didn't need them anymore (and they weren't really helping at all at that point). I was scared fucking shitless for almost a year, homeless, with nobody to cry to, thinking I had really done it this time. I fucked up one too many times, and now my brain is broken from all the drugs. I truly, at one point, thought I had lost my mind for the rest of my life. I broke my brain. I'm FUCKED. I'm honestly tearing up right now just remembering the fear and desperation I had. I honestly wanted to kill myself. I did not want to live a shit half life with a broken brain. I wanted to OD and join my fallen friends. FUCK THAT NOISE!!!!

I started taking care of myself, layed off the drugs for a long time, let the antipsychotics do whatever it is they do.... and hey, it worked for me.

I mean, are you avoiding the seroquel so you can get high? Be honest bro, you're only lying to yourself here. That's my gut reaction as to why you won't take seroquel nightly even if you are having such bad psychosis

It is with great caution and respect that I revisit drugs like LSD now.... or any drug for that matter.

I would honestly advise you to take the seroquel nightly.... trust me seroquel isn't shit until you've been on some serious antipsychotics. I would honestly take seroquel recreationally just to sleep.... compared to real hard antipsychotics it isn't shit and will likely do you a lot more good than harm for you right now.

Please take care of yourself, lay off the drugs, trust in the doctors and let your brain heal. You do not want to lose your brain. Trust me....

/end crying

Last edited:
Fuck man.... you sound so much like me.....

I was diagnosed drug induced schizo AFTER a psychosis which got me fired from work and made homeless. I did everything the doc told me. I was on some pretty heavy antipsychotics and took them regularly without question for about 8 months before deciding I didn't need them anymore (and they weren't really helping at all at that point). I was scared fucking shitless for almost a year, homeless, with nobody to cry to, thinking I had really done it this time. I fucked up one too many times, and now my brain is broken from all the drugs. I truly, at one point, thought I had lost my mind for the rest of my life. I broke my brain. I'm FUCKED. I'm honestly tearing up right now just remembering the fear and desperation I had. I honestly wanted to kill myself. I did not want to live a shit half life with a broken brain. I wanted to OD and join my fallen friends. FUCK THAT NOISE!!!!

I started taking care of myself, layed off the drugs for a long time, let the antipsychotics do whatever it is they do.... and hey, it worked for me.

I mean, are you avoiding the seroquel so you can get high? Be honest bro, you're only lying to yourself here. That's my gut reaction as to why you won't take seroquel nightly even if you are having such bad psychosis

It is with great caution and respect that I revisit drugs like LSD now.... or any drug for that matter.

I would honestly advise you to take the seroquel nightly.... trust me seroquel isn't shit until you've been on some serious antipsychotics. I would honestly take seroquel recreationally just to sleep.... compared to real hard antipsychotics it isn't shit and will likely do you a lot more good than harm for you right now.

Please take care of yourself, lay off the drugs, trust in the doctors and let your brain heal. You do not want to lose your brain. Trust me....

/end crying
I'm avoiding antipsychotics unless i really need them because at one point during long term daily use, I got so emotionally numb that I stopped caring for everyone and myself. This just made my drug addiction worse, and the fact that I was so numb made it hard to tell right from wrong in certain situations. Once I stopped being as psychotic, I just stopped taking them cause the pros started outweighing the cons of the meds. It's honestly better to have some bad experiences sometimes but still be able to feel happy and shit rather than feel absolutely nothing at all. Btw, psychotic episodes are very rare for me now and im sure they'll deteriorate. Good thing about stopping addiction young is that my brain is still maturing and growing so that I could make more recovery than possible if I were to abuse drugs later in my life

I'm avoiding antipsychotics unless i really need them because at one point during long term daily use, I got so emotionally numb that I stopped caring for everyone and myself. This just made my drug addiction worse, and the fact that I was so numb made it hard to tell right from wrong in certain situations. Once I stopped being as psychotic, I just stopped taking them cause the pros started outweighing the cons of the meds. It's honestly better to have some bad experiences sometimes but still be able to feel happy and shit rather than feel absolutely nothing at all.

I do not blame you for not wanting to take them.

I didn't want to, either, but really had no other options left.

yeah they dull or completely block out highs especially amphetamines.....

and yeah... they turn you into a fat, slow minded zombie with no sex drive or any drive at all..... but hey man, they helped me in the end....

Just weigh your options carefully. You are experiencing psychosis yet do not want to take antipsychotics.... just think about that for a minute. Really think about it.

You are walking a very thin ledge my friend.

It was hard for me, but I had to stop the drugs for quite a while.... and I am eternally grateful that I did. I am still here, sane, alive..... ready to do more drugs.

Just do yourself a favor and take a step back and look at where you're at. If you are truly having acute psychosis as you described you are walking on a tight rope brother

I do not blame you for not wanting to take them.

I didn't want to, either, but really had no other options left.

yeah they dull or completely block out highs especially amphetamines.....

and yeah... they turn you into a fat, slow minded zombie with no sex drive or any drive at all..... but hey man, they helped me in the end....

Just weigh your options carefully. You are experiencing psychosis yet do not want to take antipsychotics.... just think about that for a minute. Really think about it.

You are walking a very thin ledge my friend.

It was hard for me, but I had to stop the drugs for quite a while.... and I am eternally grateful that I did. I am still here, sane, alive..... ready to do more drugs.

Just do yourself a favor and take a step back and look at where you're at. If you are truly having acute psychosis as you described you are walking on a tight rope brother
i mean if it gets to become an issue at any point i just take the Seroquel and the sedation by itself usually just kills the psychosis too because I get a lot less anxious, which then helps me think rationally. Then again, I barely even have psychotic episodes so I'd rather have rare psychosis while letting my brain heal than falling back into addiction and fucking my brain even worse. I have too much progress to lose, and it just isn't worth the risk of emotional numbness/apathy. Antipsychotics are really only for people who need it, the people who have psychosis that interferes with their daily lives, and mine doesn't. Trust me, in the past I really did need them because of how psychotic I was, but it just isn't a necessity for me anymore

If you decide to talk to your psychiatrist about this, discuss the possibility of taking the anti-psychotic Abilify. It is entirely non-sedating and has no weight gain for most people (not all). I believe the strategy in cases like yours is to take a course of anti-psychotics for a year or so and then gradually taper off and see if episodes return. I think for most people they do not return (except when more drugs are taken). Methamphetamine, indeed any stimulant, should be a no-no for you from now on and you would just be inviting another episode. I am sorry to hear you have had this experience, it must have been quite terrifying Good luck.