• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth- No withdrawal after 3 months daily use?

EP158207

Bluelighter
So I am four days clean of 3 month meth binge. In total I used 4g over the three months, but just smoked daily in the morning.
Only lost 3 nights of sleep at most in 3 months the three times I smoked at night. I was expecting to be overly tired, depressed, hungry but all I feel is... a bit tired (like I did hardcore sports) achy muscles and no depression, more bored.

I made a point to sleep most times, eat and keep hydrated. Also took supplements (Vit B, Omega 3, magnesium, calcium, 5 htp, )

Does this mean I found the secret to meth? WAs it the sleep and supplements? Should I continue to use? (I stopped due to meth mouth fears)

and a note to everyone: NEVER switch to smoking. I used to snort meth once or twice a year if that, the moment I picked up the pipe it became a regular thing.

Four grams over three months isn't much at all, really. I wouldn't expect any sort of legitimate withdrawal, not that I've truly ever experienced any, myself, and I've used far greater amounts in a three month span.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not going to tell you to continue or not continue to use. Doubt anyone else here will either (well, you might hear the latter). If you enjoy it and it's not causing you problems...

Lol you didn't discover the secret to meth. You didn't use a lot at all. Yes the supplements and hydration help. But you also didn't lose a lot of sleep, a lot of the withdrawal comes from your body being physically and mentally exhausted

Four grams over three days maybe?

I just quit a daily habit too, without any real withdrawal. Of all the notorious drugs out there, meth is probably the kindest for withdrawal, and it's mainly because the shit lasts so damn long. You never really cold-turkey quit, every quit is a natural taper. I'm not saying you'll feel great, but sleeping for a few days, interrupted only to eat everything in sight and feel depressed, is about the nicest withdrawal anyone could ask for.

The part where meth gets you isn't the withdrawal, it's the goddamned cravings. People go back to it not cause they can't handle the withdrawal, it's because they jones for it like cigarettes, and there's no real cure for that, except time, more time than is left before the sun expands to destroy us all.

But congrats anyway.

Tbh I slept for probably 3 days after quitting a 2 gram a day habit, but I never have cravings

I was shooting daily for about 9 months, no withdrawal.

I did sleep in a few days, didn't feel all that great but it was nothing compared to heroin withdrawal.

It's really hard to quit for the psychological addiction for some people (it's a bit easier, when I run out I'm all right with it). I haven't used in a few years.

I compare all withdrawals to acute snakes-coming-out-of-the-ceiling rum-fits (and all GI problems to pancreatitis, and all headaches to the cluster variety).

So maybe there really is gabapentin, meth, and antidepressant withdrawal, but I'll take those any day.

Well, maybe I should celebrate with a bag for xmas!

Right about the cravings. All I can think about in the mornings are those huge white plumes....

This thread brings back some fond memories... Although I do indulge in ice some these days (speed has never been my number one), I really miss Dexedrine sometimes. It's far and away my favorite pharmaceutical speed, as far as what I've tried. Makes Adderall seem like utter crap, imo. So clean, my head feels like there's a summer breeze blowing through, and I can easily and quite enjoyably untie mental knots.

Some years ago, when I was doing the corporate slave routine for Starbucks (one of the top earning stores in the entire Southeast), there was a former employee turned regular customer that I would chill with on the store's patio in the mornings. Anyways, this chick has narcolepsy, and good ol doc had her on Dex 30's. She'd throw me one now and then, which I'd promptly wash down with my black as night quad espresso. It was especially awesome having one when I had to attend these horribly boring drug court classes after I scored a DUI (don't drink and drive, kids). I was perfectly happy to just sit and be, all while zooming faster than one of Musk's mag-lev trains. Oh, how I scooted.