• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth - How much is considered as safe dose for how many days?

A K

Greenlighter
Hi guys,
Hope everyone is alright and safe.
I am about to ask a question that might not have a specific answer but still going to ask.
What is the safe amount or number of puffs taken during a day or week or month for harm reduction ?
I started using meth in Oct 2020 which used to be a monthly fun until April, with around 3-7 small puffs. But this month I am doing it a day every week. I am trying to control the number of puffs I take hoping to curb down the usage as I am more worried about meth mouth.
Can you please help to determine if I am addict or consuming a safe dose ?

Thank you fellow bluelighters.

Youre probably already an addict but it doesn't mean much coming from someone else, you'll realise this on your own.

If you can just have a point or so and not have any more for any reason any other time except once a week, then you're probably gonna be fine, dont use over a couple of days or increase at all.

Its very difficult to keep at that level.

If you find it too hard or you can't face skipping weekends, smash the pipe and stop using.

Reactions: A K
Hello @A K. Welcome to Bluelight. Firstly I’m a pretty serious meth user so can answer your question with some experience. It’s a good question to ask and you should ask it of yourself every day that you use meth.

Meth is horrendously addictive. The addiction can take different paths. Some people take a bit every day continuously ‘just to get going’ and others (like me) can take off weeks or months but always end up coming back and binging on it big time. Because there are so many patterns of use, it’s impossible to really say what a safe use profile looks like for any individual person.

I’d advise you not to think so much about the amount of puffs you are having and think more about the effect taking meth is having in your life. Generally people develop meth problems progressively. Unless they have a psychotic break, it can slowly eat away at your life before you realise how deep you are in.

Think about these kinds of things:

1. Do I need to take meth before I leave the house
2. Is taking meth causing me to avoid social contact with friends or family
3. Is meth causing me to not get school work done or meet my job responsibilities
4. Is buying meth causing me to be unable to meet other financial responsibilities
5. Do I get anxious or agitated or angry if I have to go more than 1-2 days without meth
6. Do I take meth as the principal activity when I do it (i.e. just smoke meth and do nothing else like go out)

If you answer yes to any, then you are probably in pretty deep regardless of the actual number of puffs or grams you are consuming.

The good news is that the earlier you catch it, the easier it is to stop these problematic behaviours with meth. Some people are able to put the pipe down with just willpower but some also need professional help. There’s no shame in that. I’ve been to rehab 3 times for stimulant addictions.

As for meth mouth, that’s really just a minor worry that you can avoid with good oral hygiene. Stay hydrated constantly while you smoke, clean your teeth at least twice a day, use mouthwash, and chew gum. Meth mouth is a bit of an over-hyped horror story in most cases. But really it’s the least of your problems if your meth use gets away from you.

Let me know if you want more advice about quitting.

Hello @A K. Welcome to Bluelight. Firstly I’m a pretty serious meth user so can answer your question with some experience. It’s a good question to ask and you should ask it of yourself every day that you use meth.

Meth is horrendously addictive. The addiction can take different paths. Some people take a bit every day continuously ‘just to get going’ and others (like me) can take off weeks or months but always end up coming back and binging on it big time. Because there are so many patterns of use, it’s impossible to really say what a safe use profile looks like for any individual person.

I’d advise you not to think so much about the amount of puffs you are having and think more about the effect taking meth is having in your life. Generally people develop meth problems progressively. Unless they have a psychotic break, it can slowly eat away at your life before you realise how deep you are in.

Think about these kinds of things:

1. Do I need to take meth before I leave the house
2. Is taking meth causing me to avoid social contact with friends or family
3. Is meth causing me to not get school work done or meet my job responsibilities
4. Is buying meth causing me to be unable to meet other financial responsibilities
5. Do I get anxious or agitated or angry if I have to go more than 1-2 days without meth
6. Do I take meth as the principal activity when I do it (i.e. just smoke meth and do nothing else like go out)

If you answer yes to any, then you are probably in pretty deep regardless of the actual number of puffs or grams you are consuming.

The good news is that the earlier you catch it, the easier it is to stop these problematic behaviours with meth. Some people are able to put the pipe down with just willpower but some also need professional help. There’s no shame in that. I’ve been to rehab 3 times for stimulant addictions.

As for meth mouth, that’s really just a minor worry that you can avoid with good oral hygiene. Stay hydrated constantly while you smoke, clean your teeth at least twice a day, use mouthwash, and chew gum. Meth mouth is a bit of an over-hyped horror story in most cases. But really it’s the least of your problems if your meth use gets away from you.

Let me know if you want more advice about quitting.
Thank you. Answer to all questions above is No. So I am using it once a week, so its a weekly gap. I guess that should be ok. Can I message you to ask you some more questions and advice.
Cheers.

Thank you. Answer to all questions above is No. So I am using it once a week, so its a weekly gap. I guess that should be ok. Can I message you to ask you some more questions and advice.
Cheers.
Sure. Message any time. Happy to help.