• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth Harm Reduction: Bacteriostatic H2O, micron filter, and bloody slams

Chilltx84

Greenlighter
I am type A, OCD, meets tweaker lol. my question is this - I mix my stuff with Bacteriostatic water (to prevent further bacterial growth). I also sometimes miss, or do not finish a slam, and my rig fills with blood. When I miss, I always immediately shake my rig to mix and dilute the blood so it does not clot as easily. I have within 1 day recently, combined a few missed/bloody slams in a brand new sterile syringe, and re-filtered through a .20 micron filter. This is safe to inject correct? My thought being that the bacteriostatic water prevents bacteria from growing, and re-filtering it gets out any clotting and most (if not all?) bacteria, right? The only thing I can ever find on here is "don't inject bloody slams" but... While most people don't do the OCD stuff, for those of us that DO, why would this not be safe (ie. using bacteriostatic water from the start, and re-filtering through .2 micron filter).

Bacteriostatic water simply means it will not harbor new bacteria while still in the vial. Unlikely, but there could be some type of contaminant in the meth not to mention stuff in the blood that could spur microorganisms' growth once its outside your body(sitting around in the syringe)

Im not sure if a micron filter would filter out blood clots. I would suppose the filter would clog, taking alot of the meth solution with it.

This is one of those things that youll probably be fine if youre an otherwise healthy individual however there are no guarantees, the stakes are high and it is definitely not advised.

^^^ This is one of those things that you'll probably be fine if you're an otherwise healthy individual however there are no guarantees, the stakes are high and it is definitely not advised.

Exactly. You really shouldn't do this. If I placed a bet on whether you would be OK or not. I'd bet $1,000 that you would be fine. But that doesn't mean anything. The thing about dirty shots is, that probability catches up with you eventually. Each individual shot you take, where you take unnecessary risks, the chances are slim that you'll lose your arm or some such thing. But if you keep spinning that wheel again and again, well - statistically while no one can pin-point when the "bad"shot will eventually happen, chances are that it will.

And you can't just keep taking " once-off " shots and think of it that way. You really need to get rid of that chance by instilling a policy of NEVER doing those dirty shots.

Personally - I've done just about every gross thing you can do with a fit and every dangerous thing and every stupid thing and I've never gotten an infection, a disease, an abscess or any bad thing beyond some gross looking swelling, bleeding, bruising, etc. I've had plenty of horrible looking histamine reactions (huge welts, generally around the site, sometimes the whole arm and occasionally all over my body and swollen lips and cheeks and shit too. But it's always gone down again within an hour or two.)

But - I've known other people to have only occasionally slipped-up and ended up losing a finger, or getting a really nasty infection on their arm (in a different person to the finger).

Basically - if you do something stupid like inject a bloody shot (or a fucking cocktail of various bloody shots, which it sounds like is what you're doing) TWENTY-FOUR hours after the original shots - you're seriously asking for some trouble.

Generally speaking - DO NOT KEEP YOUR FILTERS to perform "washes"with. Don't inject a missed/bloody shot once a fairly short amount of time has lapsed. Personally - if I get blood in the fit, if I can't get a good shot within 5 minutes, then I'll just consider if a bust and squity it up my nose, which I know is a total waste. But at some point, you really do need to cut your losses.

When I was younger, I took way more risks - injecting pharms, mdma tablets (Es), re-using really dirty fits without really cleaning them, all sorts of stupid shit and I guess I was lucky.

These days, I'm in my 30's and just thinking about some of the dumb stuff I used to do makes me dry-reach in revulsion!!!

Seriously - take care of yourself. The reality is, antibiotics are becoming MORE and MORE useless as time goes on. Or - more to the point, bacteria is becoming more and more antibiotic resistant. I'm old enough to remember when taking antibiotics used to always clear up an infection almost immediately. These days, quite often I will need multiple COURSES of antibiotics to clear an infection. Sometimes they come back, linger, etc.

Infections are becoming super dangerous again.

Please don't take risks beyond the absolute necessary (the original, CLEAN shot).

This is an interesting article that talks about .2 micron filtering and how that "sterilizes" a mixture with regards to bacteria. The smallest bacteria are filtered out by a .2 micron filter, so once the mixture is re-filtered, especially having been originally mixed with bacteriostatic water, even bacteria that may have been present in the blood, are removed. I think the IDEA of trying to save a bloody slam ("dirty") is what people find scary, but I'm finding zero scientific or experiantial explanation why this level of care wouldn't remove completely any add'l risk. (Meaning it is no more risky than the original injection).

"Obviously, when sterilizing solutions, the object is to physically remove bacteria suspended in the solution. Before 0.2 and 0.22 micron filters became standard, it was thought that filters with an absolute rating of 0.45 micron were thought to be sufficient to strain out even the smallest bacteria. However, the discovery of Brevundimonas diminuta, showed that there were still bacteria capable of passing through a 0.45 micron filter in large quantities. After the discovery, researchers and labs competed to create the new filtration standard, arbitrarily defining their filters to be either 0.2 or 0.22 micron in pore size, roughly half the size of the old standard."

https://www.sterlitech.com/blog/pos...microns-vs-0-22-microns-whats-the-difference/