• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth appears to change my face after ~12 hour of "binging"?

PuffinMuffins

Greenlighter
I'm just curious if this is a misinterpretation of sorts by me or if the changes can really be that dramatic. I'm not even talking about negative changes, subjectively positive changes actually. toward 12+ hours of redosing (I know redosing isn't good, I only tend to binge staying up consistently for 2-3 days with no sleep once a month absolute max) I notice my facial skin appears firmer and my skin tone much more even. I feel like I got an ever so slightly tan, maybe just the fact that my face isn't flooded with blood like it usually is being the pink blotchy skinned blonde that I am? in my opinion I actually look significantly more attractive when I notice that effect, and I'm by no means an arrogant person, I tend to find myself not so attractive lol. I imagine one possibility may be increased confidence, but it's really when I'm thinking "ugh gotta see people, let's see how much like shit I look" that I go "...oh. I actually look like I do when I spend an hour taking care of my skin with 12 different damn treatments and masks. cool."

just wondering if I'm totally seeing shit or if this is an observed phenomenon.

I've no idea if this is an observed phenomenon, but subjectively I agree with you. I've never done meth, but I have done shit loads of amphetamines and other stimulants and the older I get, the better I think I look when on them. I lose the puffiness in my face (dehydration), surplus fat disappears (lack of food) and my skin goes tighter. Plus my pupils enlarge which has been proven to make one look more attractive. However, this only lasts for a few days. Push it for longer than that and you still end up looking like shit...

Meth increases muscle tone, so that could be it, but it also messes with your perception, as does sleep deprivation. If you're curious, maybe take a photo just before you next use meth, and another a few hours after your first dose (in the same room, same angle, same and ideally bright lighting, with a decent quality phone camera); then when you're sober, take a look at the two photos and see if you notice a significant difference.

I've no idea if this is an observed phenomenon, but subjectively I agree with you. I've never done meth, but I have done shit loads of amphetamines and other stimulants and the older I get, the better I think I look when on them. I lose the puffiness in my face (dehydration), surplus fat disappears (lack of food) and my skin goes tighter. Plus my pupils enlarge which has been proven to make one look more attractive. However, this only lasts for a few days. Push it for longer than that and you still end up looking like shit...

Whoah, I thought I was crazy! I notice that when I do adderall the next day my skin is totally acne free and shiny. Why do you say larger pupils makes one more attractive?

Whoah, I thought I was crazy! I notice that when I do adderall the next day my skin is totally acne free and shiny. Why do you say larger pupils makes one more attractive?

Cant quote any references but the info should be easy to find. Studies have shown that when looking at an attractive person ones pupils dilate. This also causes the other person to find you more attractive. I believe it was quite common practice among young ladies of the nobility it the 17th or 18th centuries to use belladonna eye drops specifically to initiate this reaction.

It's just of late extremely enlarged pupils became associated with hedonistic drug abuse. Some people just got those pupils and indeed when looking at a opposite then I am attacted to sex person with large pupils I find it fascinating, like green eyes but different. Be it drug influenced or natural, needing a pair of glasses or elevated neurotransmitters. I don't see the difference.

I'm not sure what causes it, but I've definitely felt this way on some occasions, though for me they were far and few between. I get bags under my eyes easily, so after one night of no sleep its apparent (at least to me). No one has ever pointed it out to me though unless I had been awake a few days, so it could be my paranoia. I've also noticed the lighting is important, for example at work the single florescent light on the employee bathroom makes me look like a zombie if I havent slept, but in the mirror in the bar with warm lighting I look totally fine. Just another factor to consider. And as far as being tanner, that could just be from sweating, since that's a side effect. I sweat a lot in general, more than the average person, so when I am high I sweat super easily and that makes dirt accumulate on my face and neck pretty fast. I dont look dirty I just look tanner to everyone else, but when I wash my face the dirt comes off and I lose a shade or too. I'm not sure if this is what you mean but that's something I've noticed with daily use and with binges