• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

meth and the marquis reagent

bigfrankpgh

Bluelighter
I had posted this in 'other drugs' but was redirected to this forum
Ok folks... I know that amphetmines turn orange w/the marquis reagent...and I had a 20 sack of some particularly good crystal that fized and then turned a very bright, then dark (almost burnt looking) orange... My question for future reference is this... How well can you guage quality and type of amphetamine with the marquis reagent? I know the subtle differences between the whole mda-mdma family... but what, if any, difference is there within the amphetamine family?

You must keep in mind that there is more than one route to Crystal, which of course could result in a slightly different colour..
So colour is not a good guide either
(i.e. Ephedrine vs. pseudo-ephedrine)
TheGamer

Regarding the marquis reagent for meth... The amphetamine family is not the best test subject for this reagent. I don't crank, personally, but the fizzing indicates (most likely) that meth is by far the main constituent in what you have. The fizz is actually supposed to happen with the reagent test, but the reaction rate is slowed by impurities. Personally, I feel that meth is extremely dangerous by itself and also has the added danger of being made in makeshit meth labs (E must be made in a good quality lab -- it's a MUCH tougher synthesis) and often the final organic solvents (which are highly toxic) and impurities remain with the drug. If the marquis reagent tests orange, then blot your powder with a napkin. If the napkin comes up dry (ie not wet, oily, etc) then you're probably all right (relatively speaking). The new reagent you can get apparently is more accurate for this sort of test by the way.

ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine: ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are stupidly named enantiomers, not structural isomers. since they actually have the SAME stereochemistry with respect to their methylamino group (they differ at the hydroxyl group), removing that hydroxyl group will always lead to D-methamphetamine.
the 'other' (major) route to crystal is rare now, but will lead to a racemic product.
technically, you can very easily qualitatively test the stereochemistry of a compound in solution with polarized lenses; you might want to look that up since D-meth and DL-meth have very different properties.
synthetic difficulty: the relative 'difficulty' of MDMA has a lot more to do with the difficulty of obtaining the starting materials than with the difficulty of the synthesis itself. yes, it is 'harder', but not really all that difficult. it doesn't need to be done under nitrogen; it doesn't even need anhydrous reagents or solvents like a Grignard reaction does.
final organic solvents: not really. the only organic solvent that's really vicious is benzene, and it's been almost entirely replaced by toluene, in legitimate labs (which have a choice) as well as clandestine (toluene is commercially available, benzene is not). in all likelihood, the solvent being used is diethyl ether (technically toxic, but it's recreationally abusable, and probably would do nothing at these doses), toluene (which IS toxic but not as vile as benzene) or acetone (also toxic). however all organic solvents have high vapor pressures (they're volatile) and evaporate very quickly. i've read that 'wet' or 'oily' crystal is caused by methamphetamine or ephedrine hydriodide.
there are other solvents that are evil. DMSO, for example, which i fear, and methanol, but neither are non-polar and wouldn't be used in the last step.

All I have to say is I am very glad that I took Organic I in college.... it allows me to actually keep up with the explanations... Thanx to all

Hmmm....

ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine
....there are other solvents that are evil. DMSO, for example, which i fear, and methanol, but neither are non-polar and wouldn't be used in the last step.

Actually, that's not strictly true....

Methanol is used in the re-crystalisation (sometimes and by some individuals) of the obtained powdered methamphetamine hcl to purify and to get the shards that are so much better than the powder.

As the powers that be crack down upon clandestine drug production by making certain chemicals restricted, the clandestine chemist is forced to then use a lesser chemical process or actually produce the restricted che,icals himself by working up to them through the reactions of other chemicals; suffices to say, usually the result of such a method is a product of lesser quality (at times) , more risk of contamination of the product, more chemical by products and waste produced, and inevitably more time put in to produce the said product which then results in a final product which is more expensive, of lesser quality and has created more wastage - Humans, by their very nature have always sort out medicinal highs, historically so and will ALWAYS continue to do so - the best anyone of us can do is to minimise the risks to users and the public by producing purer , non-contaminated products, uncut, at the cheap prices they would and should be (tax them if you wish to pay for any treatments needed or whatever) and have it available through a visit to a pharmacist after A CONSULTATION WITH A DR -

MOST CRIME IS COMITTED DUE TO THE HIGH PRICES OF DRUGS - THIS WOULDN'T BE THE CASE IF THEIR REAL PRICE WAS REALISED - PORTUGAL HAS DECRIMINALISED ALL DRUGS AND APPARENTLY , ALL IS WELL. A NEW THOUGHT PROCESS NEEDS TO BEGIN - PROHIBITION HAS ONLY EVER MADE CRIMINAL ORGANISATIONS COME INTO FRUITION AND THEREAFTER BECOME IMMENSELLY POWERFUL AND INFLUENCIAL THROUGH THE BILLIONS THEY MAKE - THE CRIMINAL GANGS LOVE THE FACT DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL AND WILL DO EVRYTHING THEY CAN TO KEEP IT ILLEGAL FOR WHEN THE DAY COMES THAT THEY ARE LEGAL, SO COMETH THE END OF THEIR REIGN, INFLUENCE AND PARASITIC EXISTANCE LIVING OFF OF THE MISERY OF ALL SECTIONS OF SOCIETY - DRUG USERS AND NON-DRUG USERS, ALIKE.:!

WHILE WE FIGHT EACH-OTHER AND ARE DISTRACTED IN DOING SO, OUR POLITICIANS ARE NOT TRULY REPRESENTING US, THEY ARE NOT IN POLITICS FOR THE 'GOOD' OF THE COUNTRY BUT FOR DOLLAR, THEYTAKE AWAY OUR LIBERTY YEAR UPON YEAR, DAY UPON DAY AND WE ARE SO DUMBED DOWN BY INOCUOUS TELEVISION AND BAD NEWS ON TELEISION THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE VERY BIGGER PICTURE - WE ARE BECOMING DRONES FOR AN ELITE OF UNDESERVING ARSEHOLES - THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WHO DIED BEFORE US UNITING OUR KINGDOMS OR OUR STATES DID SO IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM, THEY SHED THEIR BLOOD FOR US AND BRAVE MEN FOUGHT ON WHILST MORTALLY INJURED LEGS LOSTS, GUTS HANGING OUT - BUT THEY DID THIS SO THEIR FUTURE CHILDRENS , CHILDREN AND THE GENERATIONS TO COME COULD HAVE FREEDOM , AND MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL.....A GOOD, HAPPY LIFE, WHERE ALL ARE EDUCATED, WHERE ALL ARE ONE AND ONE IS ALL.

WHAT HAVE WE BECOME? WE ARE AN EMBARRESSMENT, NOT WORTHY TO STAND ON THE LAND THAT SO MANY GAVE SO MUCH, WITH TRUE BELIEF IN THE FUTURE GENERATIONS TO NOT FOGET THEIR DEEDS AND TO TAKE PRIDE IN THE LAND THAT COST THE LIVES OF SO MANY AND LIFELONG INJURIES AND PAIN FOR OTHERS. YET, WE LET ARSEHOLES WHO LIE TO US DAILY, RUN OUR COUNTRIES, ARSEHOLES WHO ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE VERY LOWEST RANK OF MEN WHO FOUGHT FOR US ALL THIS DAY.

WHERE ARE THE TRUE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PEOPLE, WHERE ARE THE HONEST, THE GOOD AND THE BRAVE - FOR THEY SHALL NOT BE FOUND IN OUR PARLIAMENTS OR OTHER SEATS OF POWER, NO, THERE EXISTS MERE PARASITIC DREGS OF MEN - NOTHING LIKE WHAT OUR COUNTRIES DESERVE, NOTHING LIKE WHAT WE, AS A PEOPLE, DESERVE - WE NEED LEADERSHIP, WITH MORALS, WHO GENUINELLY ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS OF THE DAY AND WHO ARE NOT SCUPPERED BY BRIBES, SEEN OR UNSEEN, OR BY OTHER FOWL MEMBERS OF THE POWERS-THAT-BE.....WE ARE RULED BY MONEY, NOT BY WHAT SHOULD BE DONE OR WHAT IS MORALLY CORRECT....

....AND THAT MY BROTHERS, IS THE SITUATION WE HAVE BLINDLY WALKED INTO AND CONTINUE TO ALLOW TO RULE US - THIS IS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE - THERE IS A BETTER WAY AND IT IS OUR DUTY TO FIND OR AT THE VERY LEAST LOOK FOR THAT WAY - IT STARTS WITH US STANDING UP AND SAYING "NO" "I DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR LIES, \I DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR MIS-DIRECTION, I DO NOT ACCEPT YOU", "THIS DAY, NEW PARTIES SHOULD BE FORMED BASED ON BASIC MORALS BUT CONDUCIVE WITH THE MODERN WORLD"

...OR YOU CAN CONTINUE WITH THE MIRAGE OF A DEMOCRACY WHILST IT EXPLOITS ITS POPULACE AND REWARDS ITSELF AND THE ELITEST FEW. THE POPALATION PROBLEM IS A MASSIVE ONE YET NO-ONE IS ADDRESSING THIS PROBLEM - WE HAD OUR FIRST WORLD FOOD SHORTAGES THIS YEAR - HOW COULD THIS HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN - WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO GROW IN PLAGUE-LIKE PROPORTIONS, TO WHAT END, I ASK YOU, TO WHAT END.....

THOSE THAT REPRESENT US KNOW NOT THE ANSWER, NIETHER DO THEY WISH TO ADDRESS IT - IN 20 YEARS FROM 1970 - 1990 AFRICA'S POPULATION ALMOST TRIPLED - IT'S POPULATION HAD BEEN HITHERTO QUITE BALANCED; HOWEVER, ARTIFICIAL AID HAS LED TO US CREATING A PROBLEM MANY TIMES BIGGER THAN WHAT IT EVER WAS, AGAIN TO WHAT END, AFRICA IS NOW RELIANT ON US ALL - IT IS A MESS WE HAVE CREATED AND WILL INEVITABLY SEE MANY MILLIONS MORE DIE AS A RESULT OF OUR ARTIFICIAL 'HELP' WITHOUT THE FORESIGHT TO SEE BEYOND A SINGLE DAY....SHAME ON YOU, INTENTIONS WERE GOOD BUT THE COST OF SUCH BLIND INTENTION WILL BE MASSIVE AND MASSIVELY OUTWEIGH ANY SHORT-TERM INHERENT PROBLEMS THAT AFRICA HAS AS A COUNTRY, ITSELF.

THINK, YOUR COUNTRY IS DYING, YOUR CHILDREN'S, CHILDREN'S LIVES COULD BE ONES OF ABSOLUTE MISERY IF WE DO NOT WAKE-UP, STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS - THESE ARE OUR COUNTRIES, NOT THEIRS ALONE, MAKE IT TRUE....