• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth And prescription cause for concern?

NaiveSchizo

Greenlighter
I'm in need of some experienced calming words.

My best friend is taking propranolol 10mg for a restless feeling caused by Resperdone injections. She is schizophrenic.
She is also a meth user. She decided to get some and consumed 1.5 grams in 30 hours. She didn't think about the medication and the reaction and took the Proranolol in the middle of it. She then did some more meth and took another proranolol a few hours later. She is very dizzy when she stands that she has to stop and sit down. Her pulse is at 79bpm. Her right hand specifically pinky is feeling numb and she's tired.

Im concerned for her but she is refusing to go to the hospital.
Could someone tell me if im overreacting? And maybe she will take into consideration everyone else's opinion and go to the doctor.

I'm in need of some experienced calming words.

My best friend is taking propranolol 10mg for a restless feeling caused by Resperdone injections. She is schizophrenic.
She is also a meth user. She decided to get some and consumed 1.5 grams in 30 hours. She didn't think about the medication and the reaction and took the Proranolol in the middle of it. She then did some more meth and took another proranolol a few hours later. She is very dizzy when she stands that she has to stop and sit down. Her pulse is at 79bpm. Her right hand specifically pinky is feeling numb and she's tired.

Im concerned for her but she is refusing to go to the hospital.
Could someone tell me if im overreacting? And maybe she will take into consideration everyone else's opinion and go to the doctor.

Go to the hospital and get checked out. Tell them how you use meth, any other drugs you use or are prescribed that you take, and how you take the Resperdone injections. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this. Stay safe.

It's a fairly common reaction to drugs like Propranolol (Inderal) and Clonidine (Catapres). The phenomenon of Orthostatic Hypotension, that is, becoming dizzy when you stand up can happen to a normal healthy person, but it can be greatly exacerbated by taking such drugs. This doesn't mean that you're in danger medically though. It's a fairly normal reaction. If you take way too much Propranolol, it can be dangerous, but it sounds like you've only taken a couple of single dosages, correct? If this is the case, than at the very least, I would say that you don't have to worry about the Propranolol, but that doesn't mean you are totally okay physically.

Can we get an update on your condition?

I'd check her BP. Yeah the dizziness could be from low BP from propranolol but on such low doses it's probably dizziness due to skyrocketing BP from the meth. If you dont have a BP cuff it is more reasonable and safer to assume that dizziness is from sky high BP and you should just go to ER.

^I agree it's a possibility jimmy. I am only speaking from experience with these drugs. If I take a standard dosage of say 0.2mg Clonidine (Catapres) and I go from sitting to standing or otherwise exert myself, I can easily get to a point where I'm getting dizzy and almost falling down. OP, I think you really need to consider cutting out the Methamphetamine for your own good. I understand you're struggling with mental illness and that your life is less than what you would like it to be, but it's going to be nearly impossible to reach anything resembling stability of schizotype symptoms when using powerful stimulants.

1.5g Methamphetamine in a sitting is not child's play if your drugs are anything close to pure. It sucks, because I wish I could give you calming words like you asked for OP, but the only think that will actually answer your question definitively will be by consulting a medical professional.