Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meth 7g Binge - Actual or Paranoid Overdose

UsedWithoutFear

Greenlighter
Hey everyone.

I am pretty new to meth. I snorted cocaine for about 9 years before I exchanged for meth.

3 days ago, I was on the last leg of recovering from a stomach bug, and then 2 nights ago, I thought I was coming down with another bug, because new symptoms started to pop up: I all started with feeling nauseous..enough to make me vomit a couple of times, that switched to severe diarrhea, I start to feel really hot and began to sweat...more and more, I mean I was like dripping sweat, my lungs and chest felt "heavy", my heart was pounding hard- not necessarily fast, I started to cough because I was producing the weirdest phlegm that was just super slimy and thick - oddly enough, I wasn't coughing the phlegm up from my lungs, and my nasal passages were clear, didn't fell like the phlegm was coming my nose. It was always in my throat...It got to a point that I couldn't get rid of it...it just didn't want to coughed, or blown out, no matter how hard I tried. I was kinda feeling achy all over, but when I went to pull my hair up into a pony-tail, I was immediately concerned. I thought that this is not a flu or cold circumstance....I noticed that the both sides of my head hurt (not like a headache). Starting near each temple extending to just behind my ears, including behind each ear, I felt a pain that felt like a deep bruise that was tender. I was already seeing and hearing things that weren't real, but sadly enough, hallucinating was normal for me, finally abdominal cramps travelled up to my chest. Without any warning, I felt a sudden, sharp pain in my chest that jolted me...I actually remember my jaw dropping to the floor. Was I dying, having a heart attack? Then I noticed the intensity of the becoming less and less, and it was over about 20 seconds later.

I had never been so terrified, ever, in my career...even though I could recall some occasions when I remember thinking, "I might die tonight" I would feel some of the symptoms above, but this experience felt different....It literally stopped me in tracks.

My binge ended 2 nights ago.

Ok, so what did I ingest? I was on a meth binge, which I've done before. I smoked meth for 5 days and 4 nights...a total of 7g. I am still experiencing the symptoms, but it feels like they are improving in severity, and some symptoms, like the chest pain seem to lessening in frequency.

So, I guess I'm saying that, yes, I believe that someone can definitely smoke their way into a meth overdose. Has anyone else shared a similar experience?

Last edited:
Wow. That's a lot of meth in a single sitting, though this was over 5 days. I hope that your wares weren't very pure. You were clearly pushing into physiological toxicity, though it's unclear that you were on the edge of death.

ebola

Hi ebola?,

Thanks for replying! I agree with you 100% I had to make sure I always focused on the distance of my lighter to the pipe...there were a few times that I'd burn it when the goods in my apparatus go low! ;) Oopsie!

Based on using pattern, I naturally exhibited a lack of rating with regard to using cocaine and meth. I have done an 8 ball of meth in a day or less a few times. With blow, I peeked at consuming 1 ounce of cocain in two days, or less. It wreaked havoc on my nose. Impulse control, in my case, a lack thereof, has created way too many occasions when I was absolutely living on the edge. I went to an IOP about 6 months ago, And I did find it to be helpful...my biggest mistake, at that place in time? I starred to miss meetings.... practice, and then my sober boundaries naturally expanded..them before I know it....I'm actually scared out of my mind, and I am not ok with dying right now - I have not felt that to with the intensity that I did a couple nights ago....

Thus prompted me frantically research symptoms of meth overdose, and I came across this site, and decided I would share. :)

I don't very much room for error with regard to using, how I use, how often, how much....everything. Over the course of the past 18 months, I acknowledge that I have tendencies of using excessively far too often and too easily. I say this based on listening to people who shared their stories...I was too embarrassed to share for so long, because in my home group i hadn't heard anyone share a using personally, pattern, style....you know what I mean, that was similar to mine. I thought people would not believe me. I rarely used with others, because I didn't want people to know about my addiction. But, all I have to do is shine a flashlight into my stile...It's not pretty....If I am in a mind set of contining to abuse drugs, I will not last long, and only a handful of people know that I did/do "have a problem" I had always been overly secretive and kept a safe distance from people could that I will continue to use, even though a just chunks of my nose out a week earlier. I do have a string desire. I don't want to pick up another pipe again

Last edited:
I suspect this was more likely a psychosomatic anxiety attack more than an NDE overdose - not to discount the severity of your binge but in my experience it nearly always is with meth.

Hey bit_pattern,

Thanks for the input, I will most definitely keep that in my thinking, especially since you are basing it on your own personal experience. That is the main reason why I decided to post...to see who has experienced something, anything similar to what I shared.

I had been diagnosed with Panic Disorder a long time ago, and I am pretty good at being able to manage it now, but that diagnosis may very well manifested itself differently n this last binge for me. :) Do you suffer with any Anxiety Disorders that contributed to your experience as well?