• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline Tar

I've had no problems using water, in fact, I don't see any reason to use alcohol other than it would reduce a lot faster. My method for San Pedro seems to work quite well and potency never seems to be an issue.

I actually take fresh san pedro, slice it vertically and remove the solid "core" (this area is known to cause nausea and contain relatively little alkaloids) I will then chop the remaining cactus into about 2inch cubes, I will then place these in 1gallon plastic ziplock bags. poke holes in the bag and place it in a plastic tub and set it aside somewhere dark and warm for about a month. Over this month the cactus will ferment and a juice will emerge looking almost rust in color.
I will then drain this liquid and set it aside, with what remains of the cactus I will then place it in a blender, fill the blender with water, just enough to cover the cactus and blend until the consistency of a smoothie. this slushy mix will then be combined with the juices set aside previously. bring this to a boil.
Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer. stir occasionally so that the matter doesn't settle and burn to the bottom. allow this to simmer for about 8 hours, adding 1/4 cup of water every hour or so as necessary to keep a fluid consistency.
now take a rag cloth (an old shirt will do just fine. Make sure it is clean, though) and strain all the remaining material out of the liquid. At this point I am left with roughly 1cup fluid per 12inches of cactus.
place the remaining liquid back into the pot and bring it to a simmer to reduce the liquid down. I continue to simmer until the liquid has turned a dark green liquid (consistency and unfortunately taste of shampoo) that is now roughly 1oz of liquid per 12inches of cactus.
let cool and enjoy.
the process usually takes me roughly 12 hours to actually brew. a bit time consuming, but this has been the most potent way I have extracted without going to an HCl/sulfate extraction. All my brews have come from the same crop of cactus all relatively the same age, so I doubt there is much if any difference in potency of the cactus used from various other tries.

Do an A/B extraction. Really easy and you won't come out with tar after putting a bit of work into it. It's a good thing to be able to measure how much mescaline you are actually taking, no way to do that with tar really.

I don't know why you've got an attitude-- but we're all friends here. <3
Also, I don't know where your getting your information but d-limonene and isopropyl alcohol are both good mescaline solvents.

i'm not trying to have an attitude - sometime i just come off that way - i'm am really friendly. :)

IMHO

water is more polar than alcohol and it takes out more of what you want - if you are doing a single step kind of thing - the water is going to be way more efficient at pulling what you want

d-limonene is a good solvent of basified (free base) mescaline =D
but mixed mescaline salts / mescaline HCL? it might not be as good.

really experiment with it / research it and I think that is what you will find

doing a simple a/b is going to provide you with much better results.

I've had no problems using water, in fact, I don't see any reason to use alcohol other than it would reduce a lot faster. My method for San Pedro seems to work quite well and potency never seems to be an issue.

I actually take fresh san pedro, slice it vertically and remove the solid "core" (this area is known to cause nausea and contain relatively little alkaloids) I will then chop the remaining cactus into about 2inch cubes, I will then place these in 1gallon plastic ziplock bags. poke holes in the bag and place it in a plastic tub and set it aside somewhere dark and warm for about a month. Over this month the cactus will ferment and a juice will emerge looking almost rust in color.
I will then drain this liquid and set it aside, with what remains of the cactus I will then place it in a blender, fill the blender with water, just enough to cover the cactus and blend until the consistency of a smoothie. this slushy mix will then be combined with the juices set aside previously. bring this to a boil.
Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer. stir occasionally so that the matter doesn't settle and burn to the bottom. allow this to simmer for about 8 hours, adding 1/4 cup of water every hour or so as necessary to keep a fluid consistency.
now take a rag cloth (an old shirt will do just fine. Make sure it is clean, though) and strain all the remaining material out of the liquid. At this point I am left with roughly 1cup fluid per 12inches of cactus.
place the remaining liquid back into the pot and bring it to a simmer to reduce the liquid down. I continue to simmer until the liquid has turned a dark green liquid (consistency and unfortunately taste of shampoo) that is now roughly 1oz of liquid per 12inches of cactus.
let cool and enjoy.
the process usually takes me roughly 12 hours to actually brew. a bit time consuming, but this has been the most potent way I have extracted without going to an HCl/sulfate extraction. All my brews have come from the same crop of cactus all relatively the same age, so I doubt there is much if any difference in potency of the cactus used from various other tries.

did you know you cant remove botulism via boiling??

did you know you cant remove botulism via boiling??

Actually botulism spores are destroyed by cooking at 121 °C (250 °F) for 3 minutes. This method is used to remove any possibilities of spores in foods that risk contamination.

Also, I have never herd of botulism being an issue with San Pedro. Not to mention how RARE it even is to get from anything. About 500 incidents in the past 20 years, 90% which were caused from canned food. I really see no reason to worry about botulism in San Pedro any more than in any other food I may eat.

^^ Not to be pedantic, but you are gonna need to boil in a solvent other than water or boil in a confined vessel under pressure to reach those kind of temperatures mate.....;) Where I am from water usually boils at about 100 deg C.

yeah I didn't realize that till after the fact, but either way, as I stated, I have never herd it to be an issue with san pedro and with less than 3 people a year contacting such a thing from anything other than canned food, I think there are much better things to be concerned over.

Actually botulism spores are destroyed by cooking at 121 °C (250 °F) for 3 minutes. This method is used to remove any possibilities of spores in foods that risk contamination.

Also, I have never herd of botulism being an issue with San Pedro. Not to mention how RARE it even is to get from anything. About 500 incidents in the past 20 years, 90% which were caused from canned food. I really see no reason to worry about botulism in San Pedro any more than in any other food I may eat.

there was a peyo tea botulism case recently, it is possible

especially since the guy mentions letting it set for a month to get nasty. i thought it prudent to mention that that is a bad idea.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_journal1.shtml

"Although the botulinum toxin is destroyed by thorough cooking over the course of a few minutes, the spore itself is not killed by the temperatures reached with normal sea-level-pressure boiling, leaving it free to grow and produce the toxin when conditions are right."

so yeah, a pc should get rid of spores, but boiling WONT

botulism is just plain poison... the toxins created by the bacteria are what cause the botulism... so boiling it wouldn't help at all.

An extraction would work just fine, assuming that the toxins are not extractable alkaloids

I have done an alcohol extract with about 45grams of powder. Now I just have some black/green goo in baking dish. But what is the best method for drying it? A fan have been blowing on the dish for 24 hours, but the goo is nowhere near being dry. Should I just put it in the oven on 30degrees for some hours or what?

anyone here from the uk?
reason i ask is : have a few cacti growing, like the idea of an alc extraction but the 'everclear' / high strength grain alc is very very hard to obtain here
does Isopropyl work just as well, think i read a few posts on a different forum claiming that it was inferior in some way but the chemistry goes way over my head tbh

anyone here from the uk?
reason i ask is : have a few cacti growing, like the idea of an alc extraction but the 'everclear' / high strength grain alc is very very hard to obtain here
does Isopropyl work just as well, think i read a few posts on a different forum claiming that it was inferior in some way but the chemistry goes way over my head tbh

Isopropylalcohol 99% should do the job.

Hey I'd just received 10 grams of some mescaline tar and was wondering about a dosage? Any advice would be appreciated.

When tea is reduced on a pyrex, the resulting tar is
3 g threshold
4-10 g light
10-16 g standard
highest i tried was 20 grams resulting in an intensely intoxication trip with happy colorful spiraling visuals and extreme indigestion/bloating.
my dose scale is by double boil H2O extraction, thought i imagine alcohol is similar