View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline Tar

whoaremeyo

Greenlighter
I did an alcohol extraction on peruvian torch. I had about 110 grams which I threaw in a mason jar and then filled with alcohol and shook up all night. I shook it very often and used alot of alcohol-- so I figured I could just evaporate the first pull then. I evaporated it using heat and a bunch of pans and came out with 4.9 grams of tar. Then on the other 2 pulls, (which sat for a few days), I didn't get any tar-- I figure I got it all in the first pull.

Is this 5 grams of tar going to be good for two people?
Usually 25 grams of p.torch works well for me-- but that was from a different cactus-- shouldn't 110 be able to do two people?

Its really hard to tell since we cant determine the strength of the cactus you used to extract from. All I can say is to try maybe 1 gram of the tar to see how potent it is and go from there.

On average it seems like 30 grams EATEN, not extracted, is enough for a decent trip for someone. But then again the cactus all differ in potency so there is no way to know.

I've done a similar thing, and 25 grams extracted with isopropyl alcohol was more than enough for me. I think I got just over 2 grams of that "tar." However, the potency of ground cactus varies so widely, that I can't really say for sure. If you split that tar between two people, it would probably be enough. Good luck :)

I have a much better extraction method. You have to freeze and thaw it to break the cell wall. The other way to break the cell wall is drying, but too much of the chemical degrades with that method.

You then want to do a low heat extraction (or alcohol extraction), after its turned to a goo paste, and then you want to do a really hot hot water extraction, or alcohol extraction in a small pressure cooker, combine liquids and evaporate on low low heat or dehydrator.

This is not a synthesis method.

Mescaline is better than acid or E, and healthier too.

Do the right thing and grow cactus whenever you can......peyote became endangered because of too many white people abusing it and not respecting it. Pedro should be grown everywhere, as an ornamental.

I have a much better extraction method. You have to freeze and thaw it to break the cell wall. The other way to break the cell wall is drying, but too much of the chemical degrades with that method.

You then want to do a low heat extraction (or alcohol extraction), after its turned to a goo paste, and then you want to do a really hot hot water extraction, or alcohol extraction in a small pressure cooker, combine liquids and evaporate on low low heat or dehydrator.

This is not a synthesis method.

Do the right thing and grow cactus whenever you can......peyote became endangered because of too many white people abusing it and not respecting it. Pedro should be grown everywhere, as an ornamental.
you know i actually will be growing cactus soon-- and i know mescaline is beauitiful-- sooo healing. Thats why im hoping so hard that this is enough.. we really could use it...

This wasn't fresh cactus though, it was dryed chips and then ground into a powder and then put into the jar etc.

That other poster gave me hope.
Just be sending me your prayers/vibes that it works, mkay?

EDIT: the only reason I am worried is because I've seen other people eat 5 grams or say other bits. Even if this is a light mescaline trip i'd be happy.

EDIT 2: also peoplle keep saying the potentcy of the cactus would matter-- but wouldn't the extract be the same potency since its the alkaloids inside?

Mescaline is nice but it's not "better" than acid. Both are good in their own ways. Mescaline is a lot gentler and less psychedelic than acid. And there's nothing healthier about mescaline than acid.

It's gentler, but I wouldn't say less psychedelic. Its a different type of psychedelic. At high doses it can get pretty gosh-darn psychedelic.

But lets not steal my thread, mkay.

alcohol is not a good thing to extract mescaline with.
alcohol doesn't pull mescaline salts very well.
water actually works better than alcohol.

Yes but water extracts a hell of a lot more unwanted things as well and you usually must drink as opposed to encapsulating a tar.

Yes but water extracts a hell of a lot more unwanted things as well and you usually must drink as opposed to encapsulating a tar.

this too seems to be wrong. if you did the same thing with h2o - reduce, reduce, reduce - you would end up with a tar that has LESS crap than with alcohol

the saving grace of the alcohol is that it is impure - most people do not use anhydrous alcohol - thus the water in the alcohol actually does the pull of the mescaline and the alcohol pulls all the crap - however - you have to do a lot of long pulls to get the mescaline via this method.

Well from my own experience I feel that it is not wrong. Water extractions I have done have always ended up with a Ton of crop in them. Water pulls all of the sugars out of the cactus much better than alcohol. And I use absolute ethanol in my extractions (as in anhydrous) and beg to differ about alcohols efficacy at extracting mescaline.

Alcohol extractions of cactus arn't necessarily a new thing..

sorry... i assumed ISO - which i know you're gonna tell me works too.
its just not the ideal way to do it for me personally.

Mescaline hydrochloride
Molecular weight: 247.72 (Sigma Aldrich)
Empirical Formula (Hill Notation): C11H17NO3 • HCl (Sigma Aldrich)
CAS Number: 832-92-8
Appearance: colorless crystals, needles
Melting point: 184°C
Moderately soluble in: water, alcohol (Merck Index), methanol (at least 1.0 mg/ml, source Sigma Aldrich solution)
Insoluble in: practically insoluble in toluene and acetone, insoluble in isopropyl alcohol, diethyl ether, and d-limonene***
LD50: i.p. rats 132 mg/kg
Storage temperature: 2-8°C (Sigma Aldrich)
Isolation: when Mescaline hydrochloride is extracted from San Pedro , Achuma, or Peruvian torch, it can be isolated from the other alkaloids by washing it in IPA or acetone (use 10 ml per gram of alkaloids, and wash 2-3 times). The non-Mescaline alkaloids dissolve in the IPA or acetate, while the Mescaline hydrochloride does not. Note that for the cleanest results use about 2 washes of acetone, and then 2 washes with IPA.

Why do people try to isolate the mescaline? Just because they are chemists and they can?

It produces an inferior produce to the whole plant extract.

sorry... i assumed ISO - which i know you're gonna tell me works too.
its just not the ideal way to do it for me personally.
I don't know why you've got an attitude-- but we're all friends here. <3
Also, I don't know where your getting your information but d-limonene and isopropyl alcohol are both good mescaline solvents.