• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mephedrone/30+35+35 mg throughout the night) (IV) New experience: Cautionary tale

^Do as I say and not as I do. ;)

In all seriousness though, I am done with pushy empathogens and stimulants, though I have one final report to add to the stimulant saga (from early January)...not a physically threatening one thankfully. I'm hesitant to post the report, however, due to concern that others will selectively absorb the comments on euphoria and ignore the overall message. I disposed of the remainder of the 'hedonistic' drugs in my collection a couple of months ago and haven't looked back.

To answer your question, nitrates or a mixed alpha-/beta-adrenergic antagonist like labetalol would be my best bet, though I'm not sure how successful these therapies would be. Absolutely under no circumstances use a pure beta antagonist like propanolol.

Sorry, i know it was written a while ago, but that is an incredible report

^Thanks.

I've decided not to post the full report from my January experience, but I will go ahead and post the more thoughtful and introspective section of an IV MDMA report, marking my final transgression with stimulant abuse.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I’d hoped to meditate on my medical specialty career decision, the deadline of which is swiftly approaching, but what plagued my thoughts was my unhealthy fascination with the needle.

I analyze this preoccupation.

Almost two years ago, I escaped a harrowing cycle self-destruction, at least from my perspective. With one small exception, even my wife was unaware of these lapses in judgement. I previously noted a short and frightening affair with IV cocaine and fentanyl, which occurred while my wife (then fiancé) was living in Washingon, D.C. and then working in Africa the summer before our wedding.

I had thought I was and always would be in control. Unfortunately, I had underestimated the power of the primitive brain. Pleasure and reinforcement pathways are evidently contained in a delicate nest of neurons, sending projections to a few key areas of the brain, and intravenous drug use has the ability to disrupt this equilibrium with inconceivable efficiency. Some powerful imprinting took place during those first few experiences. I imagine it is not too different than the imprinting that occurs when a duckling first fixes eyes on its mother. The needle has indelibly seared its image into my cortex with a durable array of pleasure associations.

Because of weighty responsibilities and a new marriage, I was able to put those times behind me, escape the cycling bouts of depression, and excel academically. Still, the needle held a dangerously sexy attraction that did not quickly fade. Over the past years I’ve relapsed numerous times, although until tonight, I had never considered my occasional weekend affairs with IV oxycodone true “relapses”. I had simply gotten smart about my addiction. I knew that I no longer possessed the self-control to use a supply of opiates sparingly or when the occasion was suitable, so I limited my purchases to small quantities … too little to result in a significant withdrawal syndrome. While my access to these drugs never disappeared, my damage control strategies were more or less effective.

What I realized is that my twisted rationalizations of pleasure drug use are impossible to untangle. I am aware that though certain drugs reliably produce a state of hedonistic pleasure, most often the trough they leave in their wake is deeper than the crest is high.

Interestingly, despite this intense self-analysis, the reflexive sense of shame was seemingly mitigated by the chemicals in my synapses. This kind of brutal self-honesty is truly therapeutic.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Since writing this report in early January, I have not touched any stimulants with the exception of caffeine. A psychedelic experience with 4-AcO-DMT a few weeks later resulted in the disposal of the remainder of 'hedonistic' drugs in my collection. The pleasure seeking drive undoubtedly surfaces on occasion, but I have managed to suppress these urges with my own take on cognitive-behavioral therapy and I have been quite successful in cultivating a more stable sense of well-being.

<3

^ Thanks for the report. Please take care of yourself, Don. We need people like you around <3

Just wanted to say... don't count too much on Beta Blockers being safe with stims. I experienced an angina (and possible sizure, but can't say for sure) when I used Atenolol with high dose Dexedrine + Ritalin. Needless to say, that was my wakeup call, and I never touched amphetamines after that (I was severely addicted prior).

Need more people like you on here educating the reckless type who will ruin things for the rest of us...

I have never found anything appealing about the reports on mephedrone, and this report only further emphasizes the reasons why I have no desire to touch it. I felt like I was in the lab with myself reading this. *Tennis clap*

DonDante - I disagree with your analysis almost one hundred percent. As this is a trip report in the most literal sense, I will segregate the logic from the conclusion in another thread.

For those who do not read both, I wholeheartedly agree with your proposed course of action. I ask that you take the time to read it in its entirety, so as to help me internalize the experience.

I will wait until the appropriate time to comment further in this thread.

^I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

I'd be happy to discuss my reasoning with you if you have any specific questions.

I have never found anything appealing about the reports on mephedrone, and this report only further emphasizes the reasons why I have no desire to touch it. I felt like I was in the lab with myself reading this. *Tennis clap*

Something I've consistently noticed, in real life, is everyone who likes cocaine loves mephedrone.

^^^I hated coke although I had a little love affair with it back in the day. I understand what you are saying though. It is a nice mix between low dose MDMA and good quality coke so most coke fans probably do love it. For most of us 4-mmc is a thing of the past sadly :(

Necro post but...I have always admired this post. First off I personally have no interest in Mephedrone by any route (be it, IV, IM, PO, Rectal, etc.) but I like the idea of educated medical students exploring within reason! We need more guys like you on here. I'm still Pre-med but when I hit med school (in like 3 years!) I will certainly post on here for the purpose of harm reduction and educating people on the stuff they consume. I have an interest in pharmacology so I know every bit of information I can obtain about the things I ingest but allot don't, I think you really need to understand it before ingesting things...for example the amount of people who OD on paracetamol trying to get high on Vicodin is surprising and I am hearing about it more for whatever reason (Just talked to someone about it yesterday). Anyways great post very detailed! You'll make an excellent physician regardless of the specialty you choose!