• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mentally controlling my addiction.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I take pain medication everyday for neuropathy. I know my feet have bad nerve damage and I find out today from my doctor if my upper body has it to. I assume it does because I lost my grip on objects sometimes. Anyways. I like to think it's ok taking pain meds if I really have pain. But getting my pain meds today, looking at all the pills for today, my point is I keep thinking about not taking my pills in the morning, saving them to take two together because I enjoy that more not to mention the pain relief is so much better with two.. simple question, could I possibly be asking to mess up here. It's just so confusing because my entire adult life I've tried to get pain meds, most the time I did and now I'm in a situation where I'm doing everything I can do help my pain but it's not getting better. My feet only hurt worst, I'm looking at socks right because I can't even take the pain off wearing my normal socks. But I can't take the feeling of not wearing socks. But the very act of wearing socks hurts.

Strangely walking doesn't hurt, laying in bed does and I'm planning too get in shape thinking this might solve all my problems all why waiting for blood tests to all go back to normal.

Mind you two years ago I was doing meth and on deaths door way so it's amazing I'm alive but I feel like my parents are getting to that age they might die, my mom's so fragile and my dad's got cancer he's living with and sigh.. I dunno

I keep thinking about not taking my pills in the morning, saving them to take two together because I enjoy that more not to mention the pain relief is so much better
could I possibly be asking to mess up here.
I would ask your doc to maybe help with dosing to get better results from meds. I mean, the addict in me says if one is good two is better why not three? But this is the opposite of where I really wanna go.
IMO/E? Yes definitely gonna throw some shit off. If ya skip the morning dose and double up at night there will more than likely come a wd situation until the next night dose which will bring with it more pain and agony as the half-life of the drug is not gonna change.
I honestly believe that if you have been (essentially) in stasis the "getting in shape" part of your post seems very promising. Moving and exerting oneself more can keep many an ill at bay just by improving circulation. And a decent diet and plenty of water will help greatly.
That mental control of addiction will take a healthy body to sustain ime so just throwing out some perspective from where I am.
I take pain medication everyday for neuropathy.
Is the med an opioid, gabapetinoid, both, none etc?
How long has the treatment with meds been going on?

Well depends on if you can wait til towards the end of your script to take more, or as you said wait a day then take 2. If you always make sure you go over with the extra on hand like your doing I don’t see an issue. The issue arises from those that think they can handle that day off after taking 2.

-GC

Ok so you have became aware of that feeling and you are considering what you can do to make it stronger so you can feel it more?? What do you think this means?

I think youve already realized that you are swimming with sharks. How bloody do you wanna get before you decide to head back to shore??

Actually you are getting a chance that many never got. You get to chose your next step while also having access to all the consequences. Are you gonna be the victim or the survivor?

Just go look up dopamine depletion...anhedonia....how opiates affect your mitochondria...liver...kidneys

I take pain medication everyday for neuropathy. I know my feet have bad nerve damage and I find out today from my doctor if my upper body has it to. I assume it does because I lost my grip on objects sometimes. Anyways. I like to think it's ok taking pain meds if I really have pain. But getting my pain meds today, looking at all the pills for today, my point is I keep thinking about not taking my pills in the morning, saving them to take two together because I enjoy that more not to mention the pain relief is so much better with two.. simple question, could I possibly be asking to mess up here. It's just so confusing because my entire adult life I've tried to get pain meds, most the time I did and now I'm in a situation where I'm doing everything I can do help my pain but it's not getting better. My feet only hurt worst, I'm looking at socks right because I can't even take the pain off wearing my normal socks. But I can't take the feeling of not wearing socks. But the very act of wearing socks hurts.

Strangely walking doesn't hurt, laying in bed does and I'm planning too get in shape thinking this might solve all my problems all why waiting for blood tests to all go back to normal.

Mind you two years ago I was doing meth and on deaths door way so it's amazing I'm alive but I feel like my parents are getting to that age they might die, my mom's so fragile and my dad's got cancer he's living with and sigh.. I dunno
What pain medication and what dose ?

You can’t control your addiction, that’s what makes you an addict, the lack of control…abstinence is the only answer

You can’t control your addiction, that’s what makes you an addict, the lack of control…abstinence is the only answer
I'm not so sure with that. I learned to control nicotine and a bunch of other substances. It requires some willpower and provides many pitfalls but it's possible. One needs to step out of the addiction at first though.

Sheer determination is a thing in my opinion and experiences. One can overcome some serious shit with the mind. Exercise (again) is important in both mind and body. It validates our powers and if we can push past our "limit" just a bit sometimes it brings back to light who we are and what we actually can do as opposed to cannot.
rambings of an addict