Memorys still a little slow. Any advice?

lars90

Bluelighter
Well my memory is slow from drugs. Im cleen for 17 weeks now. The cause a painmed (aspin) before DXM which causes a light 2 week high, which turns out to be pretty damaging.
Well Ill explain what I mean. When ever soemone tells me to remind them of soemhting I never can remind them becuas eI forget. Or easy homework stuff like that. I also can rember my own thoughts sometimes. I will be in class thinking about somehting complecated and sudently Ill forget what I was thinking. When I watch TV and change th echannle I sometimes will forget what was on and It takes really long to recall. When I am thinking of memorys it takes little whiles like 1 minute to remember everything. Pictures are always really blury and black in my memory.
I use to be able to do these things easaly.
So will I have to get use to it or will it go away with time. Im still fairly young. I read about it and it says that this kind of damage stays will it?

Also what can I do to make it better?

UPDATE: Okay well actually my memory is fine I found out. I save all the informationbut I just need allot of time to recall it. See I try and remember soemthings and Im like "is this true did it really happen?" then 1 minute later when I keep thinking about it I rember the details it just takes so long and it only happens sometimes. And like if I have to recall something I dont or cant remind my self.

Last edited:
No its not

I would agree, I would be a little concerned about this. Your short-term memory loss could be related to medications that you might be taking. Some medications and procedures (such as ECT) are notorious for causing short-term memory loss. Are you seeing a psychiatrist? If so, i would discuss this issue with your psychiatrist, or another physician should you not be under the care of a psychiatrist.

If you are using any drugs illicitly, that is, not prescribed to you, then I would stop their use entirely. I would not, however, discontinue taking any medications prescribed to you without first speaking with your doctor.

My short term memory is terrible. Some problems like short term memory loss can be permanent. Things may improve but they also may never be fully repaired.

that sucks. What was he cleen of? Or better what did he due?

I have a bad memory now too lars90 :( ...But i think it's getting better.. all of my days kind of blur into one though and i keep being like "woah. it's may already" lol like when did this happen?

NMDA-antagonist abuse really effects ones memory and will take time to recover. It isn't uncommon for someone who was heavily abusing them to have memory deficiets for weeks, months, etc. (depending on their use). 4 months or so really isn't that long with some dissociative habits. Give it more time, eat healthy, read regularly, play board games, do Sudoku puzzles everyday. Work out your brain and you'll see improvement quicker

To coattail off what Cloudy said, I'd get in the practice of engaging in those brain exercises. At 6 months sober, your body will be as physically sober as it will ever be. However, it can take as long as a year (or more) for the brain to produce a significant amount of neuropathways. I have faith in Neuroplasticity. The brain is an incredibly maleable organ. Time is the best medicine. I have used Neurofeedback to aid my mind in repairing itself. It's a great tool that I would check out if I was you.

If after a year or more you still don't feel any better, what about Piracetam?? (Please, anyone correct me if this is ill-mannered advice.) I would save Nootropics as an absolute last result. Consult a doctor before you even begin to think about going down this road. I CERTAINLY AM NOT A DOCTOR. I'm just a recovering junkie working on improving my cognitive/neural functioning, myself. Good Luck!

Also stress and anxiety, which can be coming from the fact you're worrying about your memory probably quite often, can decrease cause memory deficits. Working on ways to not let yourself become overwhelmed with the fear of not having a good memory ever can help you decrease the deficit you may have. I noticed, a noticeable amount of a deficit being caused by all the stress college was causing me. I had a harder time trying to absorb all the material I needed because it felt like my brain just could handle it. Now that I've been working on my anxiety, ways to reduce stress, etc. I've increased my short term memory.

How are you sleeping? My short-term memory is never as good after a night of little sleep. A lot of the little, trivial mistakes I will make at work are attributable to to forgetting little details that I otherwise would have remembered if I was awake and alert.

To coattail off what Cloudy said, I'd get in the practice of engaging in those brain exercises. At 6 months sober, your body will be as physically sober as it will ever be. However, it can take as long as a year (or more) for the brain to produce a significant amount of neuropathways. I have faith in Neuroplasticity. The brain is an incredibly maleable organ. Time is the best medicine. I have used Neurofeedback to aid my mind in repairing itself. It's a great tool that I would check out if I was you.

If after a year or more you still don't feel any better, what about Piracetam?? (Please, anyone correct me if this is ill-mannered advice.) I would save Nootropics as an absolute last result. Consult a doctor before you even begin to think about going down this road. I CERTAINLY AM NOT A DOCTOR. I'm just a recovering junkie working on improving my cognitive/neural functioning, myself. Good Luck!
thankyou coul you send me some link to the studys? and please if possible some to online ones? :) thank you so much that was very helpfull.

How are you sleeping? My short-term memory is never as good after a night of little sleep. A lot of the little, trivial mistakes I will make at work are attributable to to forgetting little details that I otherwise would have remembered if I was awake and alert.
I get about 4 cycles of sleep everyday. thats for me 6.30 hours.

oh and that with the depresiones
I still get allot of them coming from no where sudently Ill see something a little depressing like my life sucks or thinking about moving and having to leave everythign behind. I found that alcohol and allot of caffein makes it stronger/worst.

Also about my anxiety. Everytime I read about drugs or hear about them my heart skips a beat. It starts powniding and thats why I wanted to get rit of this account because I have so many questions and if I cant delete this account I will come back everytime. But I know you guys dont do it .... :|

Also I do lots and lots of sport I am very fit and I eat soemwhat healthy....

Last edited:
Just because the account is here doesn't mean you have to come back to it. But if that seriously is an issue, make your password a bunch of numbers and letters that you wont remember. 17hdld23r copy and paste some shit like that into the new password box, and your golden. You wont remember it, so you can't log in and post.

Just because the account is here doesn't mean you have to come back to it. But if that seriously is an issue, make your password a bunch of numbers and letters that you wont remember. 17hdld23r copy and paste some shit like that into the new password box, and your golden. You wont remember it, so you can't log in and post.

Ican always retreave it ... Gosh what do you have to do for a good IP ban?

AND MODS DONT CLOSE THIS!.

lets get back to the subjekt...

Last edited:
Ican always retreave it ... Gosh what do you have to do for a good IP ban?

AND MODS DONT CLOSE THIS!.

lets get back to the subjekt...

Change your email address for it also. You can change it to, [email protected], password asdhffds23 (a variation of this that you don't remember of course). I have done this before, and other members have done this on BL as well. We don't ban or delete accounts. If you don't want to come it is up to you to make that choice. The other mods will suggest a similar route for what you want as well. Problem solved.

so I should just chill out ?

I can always make a new account... I need a good IP ban...