Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Memantine

Lendy

Bluelighter
Greetings to all. I take memantine daily - 20 to 60 mg at the moment. Lately I've been trying not to exceed 40mg (20mg in the morning and afternoon) orally for many reasons. I have a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings, I will try to describe them as detailed and accessible as possible, while not forgetting anything. I'll just describe the situation from my side, and you, please, add what you think is necessary

Memantine has changed my life. No, really. It "pulled me out of the matrix/system", gave me an immediate connection with the world, like after a psychedelic trip. I understand everything much deeper, my thinking is more organized, as if I have hacked into a biofield and can draw any information from there
ADHD, dysthymia, and the effects of amphetamines in terms of psychological cravings and neurotoxicity - I no longer feel, like I've been reborn. I fully understand that this is just a game of neurotransmitters and all that, but there is a feeling that I understand and know absolutely everything, as if I stand on the verge between understanding absolute / objectivism and relative / subjectivism

The largest dosage I took per day was 100 mg in divided doses. Several ROAs were tested, here are the impressions. By the way, this applies to some extent to absolutely all substances, including even magnesium or creatine, with which I also experimented. This should be taken as a hypothesis based on scientific data / subjective impressions and nothing more.

• Oral: most mild, smooth, gradual, euphoric, controlled, human, soothing. This may be partly due to the large number of serotonin receptors in the gut.

• Intranasal. Fewer side effects from the periphery (probably the nose-to-brain pathway is involved). It has an unbalanced effect on the brain, some parts of the brain receive more of the drug, some less. The ventral tegmental area(VTA) in particular is hit the hardest - this may partly explain the "cocaine-like" nature of intranasal use - overconfidence, tunnel vision, uncontrollable mania, nervousness, etc.
3. Buccal - has a similar or greater AUC than oral due to passive diffusion, but bypasses first pass metabolism and is a parenteral route of administration. I would compare it to an intravenous drip over a period of time. Perhaps it has a higher percentage of substances entering the brain / fewer peripheral side effects due to direct transport to the central nervous system (the trigeminal nerve, which transports substances directly to the central nervous system, innervates throughout the mucous membrane, including the cheek)
4. Sublingual. Something between intravenous, intranasal and oral - the action starts instantly; peak concentrations are reached only after some time, part of the drug is metabolized, because part is swallowed and only ~ 2/3 of the substance bypasses the first pass metabolism; similarly to the nasal one, it is absorbed through the mucous membrane and also part of the drug directly enters the brain, because the trigeminal nerve also innervates the sublingual region.
Comparing intranasal, buccal and sublingual, it can be assumed that the more the drug enters the brain, the less it reaches the plasma / rest of the body and, therefore, has fewer peripheral side effects.
In this respect, the gradation is Intranasal>Buccal>Sublingual

There is a little brain fog at the beginning of the course. It is not critical, but during this period you can do insignificant nonsense and be subjected to many misconceptions. It is caused by antagonism of acetylcholine nicotinic receptors. Subsequently, tolerance is developed to this side effect. By the way, this paragraph applies to all substances - for example, marijuana will not stupefy, and due to non-competitive NMDA antagonism, the brain will not become too addicted - tollers / psychological cravings will not be formed. Again, this point applies to all substances, not just grass.
As for the pharmacology of memantine, it is as favorable as possible, it should be taken as:
1. The most effective form of magnesium for the brain - non-competitive NMDA antagonism
2. The purest dopamine euphoria and stimulation is the agonism of dopamine receptors of the second subtype D2, which are responsible for almost the majority of the desired effects of stimulants (there will be no magic without this). And all this without norepinephrine nervousness
3. Microdosing of psychedelics - 5ht3 receptor antagonism. It is the best therapeutic/recreational remedy.
An ideal dissociative for every day, it is an excellent complement to all substances due to the prevention of tolerance / addiction / neurotoxicity.

Maybe later I'll add something else, for now that's it.

Last edited:
Smoke weed, fuck it all.
By the way, not so long ago (yes, I didn’t lose the passage of time on the dissociative and the grass, but I understand and remember it better) I was almost in a psychosis. An inner voice told me that I finished the game))
Well, fuck it guys, these experiments. Oral intake and minimum doses, that's what I need. I have known Zen. This is the best day of my life

I’m not understanding #1… How is memantine a magnesium supplement??

-GC
It is not. I think he means that memantine docks to the same place as memantine but binds stronger (if I'm correct now, I'm no chemistry nerd).

I like memantine and how it makes me feel but the insomnia it induces is too strong for me to take it daily without some sort of sleep aid. Some years ago I took it together with clonidine for that reason and ended up with a full blown depression due to the clon which creeped up over weeks or even months so I didn't make the connection until it was too late. It's not a full dissociative but a nice molecule providing a very clean head space. Best are the first few doses though.

Also tried intranasal memantine when I had acquired some grams in powder form. It burns a little in the nose and was nice, I'd say I prefer nasal to oral.

Smoke weed, fuck it all.
I don't tolerate weed, it makes me feel anxious and induces tachycardia. I think weed is worse about psychotomimetic effects than low dosages of dissociatives but that's just me.

Greetings to all. I take memantine daily - 20 to 60 mg at the moment. Lately I've been trying not to exceed 40mg (20mg in the morning and afternoon) orally for many reasons. I have a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings, I will try to describe them as detailed and accessible as possible, while not forgetting anything. I'll just describe the situation from my side, and you, please, add what you think is necessary

Memantine has changed my life. No, really. It "pulled me out of the matrix/system", gave me an immediate connection with the world, like after a psychedelic trip. I understand everything much deeper, my thinking is more organized, as if I have hacked into a biofield and can draw any information from there
ADHD, dysthymia, and the effects of amphetamines in terms of psychological cravings and neurotoxicity - I no longer feel, like I've been reborn. I fully understand that this is just a game of neurotransmitters and all that, but there is a feeling that I understand and know absolutely everything, as if I stand on the verge between understanding absolute / objectivism and relative / subjectivism

The largest dosage I took per day was 100 mg in divided doses. Several ROAs were tested, here are the impressions. By the way, this applies to some extent to absolutely all substances, including even magnesium or creatine, with which I also experimented. This should be taken as a hypothesis based on scientific data / subjective impressions and nothing more.

• Oral: most mild, smooth, gradual, euphoric, controlled, human, soothing. This may be partly due to the large number of serotonin receptors in the gut.

• Intranasal. Fewer side effects from the periphery (probably the nose-to-brain pathway is involved). It has an unbalanced effect on the brain, some parts of the brain receive more of the drug, some less. The ventral tegmental area(VTA) in particular is hit the hardest - this may partly explain the "cocaine-like" nature of intranasal use - overconfidence, tunnel vision, uncontrollable mania, nervousness, etc.
3. Buccal - has a similar or greater AUC than oral due to passive diffusion, but bypasses first pass metabolism and is a parenteral route of administration. I would compare it to an intravenous drip over a period of time. Perhaps it has a higher percentage of substances entering the brain / fewer peripheral side effects due to direct transport to the central nervous system (the trigeminal nerve, which transports substances directly to the central nervous system, innervates throughout the mucous membrane, including the cheek)
4. Sublingual. Something between intravenous, intranasal and oral - the action starts instantly; peak concentrations are reached only after some time, part of the drug is metabolized, because part is swallowed and only ~ 2/3 of the substance bypasses the first pass metabolism; similarly to the nasal one, it is absorbed through the mucous membrane and also part of the drug directly enters the brain, because the trigeminal nerve also innervates the sublingual region.
Comparing intranasal, buccal and sublingual, it can be assumed that the more the drug enters the brain, the less it reaches the plasma / rest of the body and, therefore, has fewer peripheral side effects.
In this respect, the gradation is Intranasal>Buccal>Sublingual

There is a little brain fog at the beginning of the course. It is not critical, but during this period you can do insignificant nonsense and be subjected to many misconceptions. It is caused by antagonism of acetylcholine nicotinic receptors. Subsequently, tolerance is developed to this side effect. By the way, this paragraph applies to all substances - for example, marijuana will not stupefy, and due to non-competitive NMDA antagonism, the brain will not become too addicted - tollers / psychological cravings will not be formed. Again, this point applies to all substances, not just grass.
As for the pharmacology of memantine, it is as favorable as possible, it should be taken as:
1. The most effective form of magnesium for the brain - non-competitive NMDA antagonism
2. The purest dopamine euphoria and stimulation is the agonism of dopamine receptors of the second subtype D2, which are responsible for almost the majority of the desired effects of stimulants (there will be no magic without this). And all this without norepinephrine nervousness
3. Microdosing of psychedelics - 5ht3 receptor antagonism. It is the best therapeutic/recreational remedy.
An ideal dissociative for every day, it is an excellent complement to all substances due to the prevention of tolerance / addiction / neurotoxicity.

Maybe later I'll add something else, for now that's it.
Hi from a new memantine taker,I am still taking methadone but have to quit because of how toxic it has been for me.My only wish now is to get off methadone ASAP,because of my dose @ 130mg./day has never completely ended my WD to opiates and being 60 they won't raise my dose after 1 yr. of clinic.So I have plenty of memantine now in both powder/tablets and will just wean down for as much of my next dose over 13 days of bottles,I know how bad it's going to be but I have high hope of large memantine doses for as long as it takes.Let me also just say that the clinics have no idea that they should make methadone available to all without all the bullshit that goes along with it.Please feel free to add your idea or experience,thanks

Yeah Mg has some effects on NMDA
Magnesium imparts a voltage dependent block of the NMDA channel. Meaning that after sufficient AMPA/kainate activation there will be a local change in the membrane potential which displaces magnesium from the NMDA pore which allows ions through the channel, this is a big part of LTP. I don't think memantine is doing this but don't quote me on that, I'm not very familiar with memantine pharmacology

I’ve been looking into this substance recently and the pharmacology behind it is really strange and interesting.

Anyone here with a PHD or something and willing to go in depth on what this chemical does to your neurochemistry? Lmao.