• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Memantine+amphetamine

Lendy

Bluelighter
I am an amphetamine addict and have been trying to improve some of the nuances of my use since a certain point. Recently I experienced a bunch of memantine + amphetamine. Impressions are not unambiguous. As expected, this will not completely prevent tolerance, but only some aspects. This substantially smoothed out the withdrawal symptoms, but did not eliminate them completely. I have better control over my urge to use, but I still crave stimulants a lot. I don't know if memantine prevented neurotoxicity, but the effects of amphetamine changed over time anyway. I don't know what exactly has changed, it's just that I'm becoming more manic and unbalanced, even though the memantine was supposed to prevent the sensitization. I am somewhat disappointed as I expected memantine to retain the effects of the amphetamine. I believe that this amphetamine sample, like most others, was far from pharmaceutical grade and contained amphetamine by-products/polymers due to improper synthesis. It really turned me into an animal in a matter of days, despite the most powerful neuroprotective. I have something to compare with, I didn’t use harm reduction methods at all with the previous sample and everything was great ...

What dose of memantine did you use, and did you dose repeatedly? Memantine has a very long half life and builds up upon repeated dosing.

I know of the rebound alleviation memantine provides but the only dissociative I have much experience in combining with stimulants is good old OTC DXM. Used it together with methylphenidate (just 18mg but I'm pretty sensitive to stims) for months and there was no noticeable tolerance increase. In fact, I had to stop due to overstimulation and tachycardia but I also consumed much coffee back then.

A worthy supplement to reduce neurotoxicity of stimulants is emoxypine, that one reduces the auto oxidation of dopamine which leads to toxic superoxides which appear to be a major mechanism for stim toxicity. It removed much of the rebound of phenidate type stims for me, as did DXM but I'm not sure whether dissociatives act as neuroprotectors when using stims.