Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Memantine/50mg) - experienced - The final trial of Memantine

delphinen

Bluelighter
Stomach: almost empty. Have some Alprazolam and Clonidine in case I feel bad or too excited.

T - 1.00: I take 75mg Lyrica

T - 0.30: I take 100mg Modafinil

T - 0.00: I take 30mg Memantine with a Red Bull. Smoked 2 cigarettes.
(after coming home I read on Wikipedia that Memantine acts as a non-competitive antagonist at different neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, and a study proved that Nicotine works as a sort of agonist for Memantine, which also acts as an agonist at the dopamine receptor, improving the wakefulness with smoking)
T + 0.30: I take another 10mg Memantine. Still feeling nothing noticeable from the Memantine I think, just feeling awakened and a more social than usual from the Modafinil probably
T + 1.00: Ok, now I'm starting to feel weird, the same Memantine feeling I remember from before and from tiny doses of DXM. I feel like inside of my head is getting hotter; definitely something the Memantine is doing. My vision is also affected, I almost can't tell, but all my vision feels.. weird, and very often I see afterimages. I think I'm getting a little nervous and more awake than I was an hour before.

T + 1.30: I'm feeling better, my attention span has increased noticeably, I can focus much better in tasks such as reading, programming, or playing video games. I'm taking 10mg more Memantine with some Coffee.

T + 2.00: Watching pretty pictures feels different, specially where there are lots of different tones of colors, it's like all tones appears to be important. I'm enjoying this, so I'm taking 50mg Modafinil more (reaching 150mg)

T + 2.30: A very subtle mild similar sensation to Ketamine can be felt sometimes; I thought I felt nervous or with much anxiety, but in reality I'm experiencing a strong thinking process about everything around. I'll take 1mg of Alprazolam, more because of the Modafinil than the Memantine.

T + 3.00: I'm feeling great, the only problem is that there are lapses of time that I'm at loss at everything, but except that, It's like I'm processing everything around me and I can totally focus on any task. I'm taking 75mg of Lyrica just because it feels good to me.

after this, I spent 2 hours chatting very happily with some people, but when my friends went to sleep, play something, or work, I began to think about my life abruptly and realized how lonely and poor I was, it wasn't a panic attack, I had some of those before, it was a very logical conclusion of my meaningless existence.
I went to bed and watched some cartoons for kids to not worry about anything, because I was like scared, and after taking some more Lyrica, 150mg I think, and 4mg of Alprazolam, I was able to fall asleep...
but it didn't end there.
When I wake up, my brain was rebooted. Typical effect of a NMDA blocking receptor drug.
My perception of my existence was different, I wasn't enlightened or anything like that, I was aware of my situation, and the fake cloud of happiness I had been keeping in my mind to not despair was destroyed or removed.

After some work, I became very exhausted and closed my eyes profoundly in my room: after 5 minutes I got without intention strong CEVs similar to Ketamine, faces of the cartoon I have seen the last night multiplying all over my vision and laughing. It was weird how boring or neutral I found these incredible CEVs.

I began to do things more responsibly the next day like a machine, and was thinking forward all the time.

So, in the end.... I think we have a VERY POTENTIAL DRUG here for self awareness, to get the ego of ours destroyed and reboot our way of thinking; I'll keep taking 10mg per day of this drug now, after a big impact (50mg was enough for me), it helps me think way more objectively and I'm self aware of myself. That in the process may be a good thing or not, I really SUFFERED that night. But it was worth it.

Continuation of the trip: Going farther on Memantine

Stomach: almost empty. Had 2 small bars of Chocolate with a glass of liquor.

T - 1.30: I take 150mg Tramadol, 4mg Clonazepam, and 300mg Carisoprodol.

T - 0.30: I take 150mg Tramadol, 4mg Clonazepam, and 150mg Lyrica.

T . 0.00: I take 50mg Memantine EBIXA brand. Ate 2 little bars of chocolate with a glass of liquor. Also 1mg of Xanax in case of whatever. Going to play Minecraft to space out a little.

T + 0.30: Did 4mg more Clonazepam for safety reasons (Tramadol + liquor was NOT a good combo, and I don't have any idea about this on Memantine)

T + 1.00: Did 10mg more of Memantine (reaching 60mg)

T + 1.30: I'm beginning to feel some mood lift effects (aside from the Tramadol), but at the same time, like my head is "heat" inside, it's a strange feeling, but I remember experiencing the same most times I did Memantine.
It also makes me think... faster? it would be faster or more determined, I'll try to explain more on this later.
Also, did 2mg more of Clonazepam to prevent any seizures.

T+ 2.00: Did 10mg more of Memantine, reaching 70mg.

T + 2.30: I'm playing Half Life 2 feeling weird, a little sleepy but at the same time a little amped due to the Memantine. I'm taking 300m Carisoprodol and some Caffeine.

T+ 3.00: Did 75mg more Lyrica, 50mg more Tramadol, and 2mg more Clonazepam. I'm finally beginning to feel the "euphoric" (that's not the right word but whatever) and weirdness of this drug. I feel GOOD, with my body maybe tired, but my mind awake. I'll take some eyedrops. No visuals yet except for some very weird feeling when I move my head and eyes (but nothing that I dislike, just weird). Here goes the last one, another 10mg Memantine~

T+ 6.00: Time passed away very fast. I ended up playing and talking with friends online very fluently; later, when went to the bed, I felt very drowsy, but without any headache or pain. In fact, I could say I still felt good, maybe was part the Memantine and the Tramadol.

T+ 6.30: With only 10mg Diazepam I managed to fall asleep very fast, but lasted only 3 hours. Based in my subjective experience, y slept very deeply those hours, managing yo go under the REM process very fast.

T+7.30: Time to start the day with the family. I feel energized, with a good mood, somewhat happy.

T+8.00: I managed to pass the day without any kind of problem, it was a good day, in fact I managed to establish a better relationship with my family.

Now I'm at home; tired and sick of people and smiles, just did 30mg Memantine with some liquor. This night I'll try to achieve a higher Memantine dose with no opiates at all to feel the real thing, although I'm pretty sure some there's still some Tramadol metabolites in my blood.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_memantine
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaud you for taking the leap of faith and beginning an exploration of this wildly under-appreciated drug. Definitely concerned about your seemingly reckless choice of combinations... Are all of those drugs you take necessary? Are you consuming them as routine, prescribed as such, or are you simply taking them willy nilly to potentiate your high?

I digress, memantine is a spectacular substance. The magic doesn't really begin until you move past the 100mg mark, at least in my experience. According to the literature, 400mg is nearing toxic levels and 600mg is wholly toxic to the brain. From personal experience, I would say 400mg is the safety limit to this drug. 300mg was very close to a hole-like experience but lucid and highly intellectual. The negative aspect was high blood pressure and pulse, I would say that clonidine you have is the best thing to keep on hand while experimenting with this one.

I highly recommend a 200mg trip, spacing 100mg apart by no more than 3 hours and no less than 30 minutes.

The beautiful thing about memantine, and something to keep in mind, is it's antagonism at the 5-HT3 receptor. This lends the wonderful benefit of making memantine an exceptionally potent anti-nausea drug.

If there were a god, and it had a hand in the creation of a drug, it would be this one and the intention would be to combine it with other dissociatives or tryptamines.

Sorry to post in this old thread, but I had something important to add to the report: How the fuck are we supposed to tell apart the effects of Memantine from all of the other 10 drugs you also consumed? I mean, you say you felt more energized and concentrated, but that could easily be caused by the boatload of Modafinil you also took.
I don't want to be an asshole or to call you an idiot or anything, really, I just think this report (or any other rpeport by that matter) is very useful when the person reporting has consumed so many other drugs/meds.