• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbs Meetup - 24th April - Lounge @ Docklands - ROLL CALL!

I'll come to this one, and provided you all aren't hanging out in some secret room I may actually find you....

P.S. If there is a secret room can someone please notify me so that I don't wander around for 10 mins going "duh um er, oh well time to go have more acid."

^^ Man I heard about that. I was hoping you would be there, and though you were actually inside Bimbo's it was a pity you didn't enter the secret room.

^ sweet.....

So, what do people think of Hideout on Brunswick ST as a location (see above post for more info)....

A few of us have mentioned that it's difficult to get to the other side of the city (i.e. Brunswick.. heh). But if it's a good spot, then sure. I'm just being difficult.

^ Exactly. That's the reason I was going to bail on the other one. I just cannot get out that far. Or, rather, I *can*, but it's an absolute pain in the gluteals and ends up costing too much. City is one ride in, rather than two or three different transport changes. But don't base your decision on me.

SLM and I are going to have our own damn meetup in Mount Waverley or somewhere ;)

when i come to melbourne and (try and) organise a meetup, i'll make it so you can come:)

Damn straight. The "Spew" (Mountain View) it is!

Hahahah I used to live near there. ;)

I went there one night with a friend, she sat at the bar with a dummy in her mouth for a joke, and the guys @ the bar were dumbfounded as to why she would wear such a thing. ;)

Hrmmm sorry about that, please carry on. :)

What about 'The Lounge' on swanston st? Its central, plenty of room, lotsa couches, food and drink?
I'm also from the s/e suburbs and I don't get the whole fitzroy thing. why can't we make it easier for as many as possible. If people are getting PT then its easier for them to get off at flinders than have to change trains/trams!!!

I'll be there on the 24th. As the Saturday part of this is now confirmed, is there any reason why the Yum Cha option isn't being explored? Surely someone knows of somewhere in the city that does Yum Cha on Saturday? (Don't look at me, its been years since i've been to Yum Cha. Oh yeah i remember why, the silly people who don't really like Yum Cha ;)

Hideout isn't somewhere I'd really choose to go, i mean they're OK, but they're a bit expensive and a bit ordinary. If food isn't such a huge concern then I'd suggest Kent St on Smith Street (kinda opposite cash converters) or a random Degraves St cafe if we're going for the city option.

...and if we're not, I'd put in another vote for David's in Prahran...

The city is surely the fairest option because all PT leads into town. Plus there's hundreds of places to choose from.

If anyone feels like staying on the tram or catching the tram a couple of stops, Docklands is REALLY nice now, and there are several cafe-esque (more affordable) places there. Would anyone be up for that? It's far easier to get to than Fitzroy, you can get off at Spencer St station and walk around Telstra Dome, or catch the tram all the way.

?

agree with docklands
i havent been further than spencer st
ever
(that i remember. memory is subject to amnesia)

I was gonna suggest lounge as a likely option too, anyone have a particular dockland venue in mind?(i haven't been through the area and subserquently have no idea)