Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

melbourne shuffle

Sketchwreck

Bluelighter
Ok boys and girls i need some help I love to party and i will dance dusk to dawn but I have all the co-ordination of a dyslexic goldfish on acid. I know that no-one cares what you look like dancing and i don't care how i look but everyone doing the shuffle looks like they are having a ball and I've done a www hunt but havent been able to find any help out there so what i would like is if someone (or better yet a few people) with a digital video camera could film themselves doing the shuffle - just the most basic moves in a well lit room where i can actually see what they are doing :)

*shakes fist*

Post the moves!!!!.....

*shakes fist again*.... do it!!!=D

without indenting to sound too much like a hippy, dont copy everyone else, dancing is an expression of individualism.. why do you want to do the melbourne shuffle so much?

Cowboy Mac said:
without indenting to sound too much like a hippy, dont copy everyone else, dancing is an expression of individualism.. why do you want to do the melbourne shuffle so much?

It is hard adding moves to your own dancing style without watching other people and some styles are limited inherantly(not mentioning any names).

I've found that it's far more *satisfying* while dancing to work with a larger moves vocabulary and since the melbourne shuffle is a relatively complex style, it's a great launching block for learning to dance. I don't think all shufflers dance the same anyways since everyone ultimately has their own style.

All it takes is time, and whiz :)

It's good that you say you don't care what people think, thats the first step, the next is to keep busting a move. And if you want to do the melbourne shuffle, just try and imitate someone who you think is a good dancer. The co-ordination will come with time, and soon you'll find it difficult to dance any other way, i know i do.

Oh god, please, we don't need any more shufflers!
Screw the Melbourne shuffle! It's time to move on! (but then I moved here from Perth anyways)

*slowly backs out of the room* 8(

why the shuffle? well it looks good they look like they are having fun and when my non-raver co-workers ask me to 'bust-a-move' when i tell them i go clubbing and such i wouldn't mind showing off a little and unfortunatley for me liquid-ing in the middle of the day in my work kit and without the aid of and glowy stuff tends to cause a giggle or too

as for watching others the problem there is the buggers all move at a million miles an hour in a pitch black room and hide their movements away under phat pants

Here's the link for a streaming video of one of the melbourne shuffle events from last year

inthemix shuffle video

here is the website:

http://www.melbourneshuffle.tk/

As for actually doing it...well just like has been suggested - watch people. Watch what their feet are doing (and if you cant see their feet, then just watch their legs I guess..), and try to copy it - do it really slowly at first..until you get the pattern, then once you have it you can go faster. Think of the karate kid..wax on wax off...you just need to practice, thats all. :)

just go out have a look at it and rip bits and peices off, dance the way you want too not what looks cool as the saying goes "dance like no one is watching" dont learn the shuffle coz every 1 else does it why not be differnt? push the boudries exlpore new moves fuck i dont know lol dance how u feel happy :)

The shuffle is actually very simple. To practice, simply do the following:
1. Remove shoes, but leave your socks on
2. Find a lino floor that is nice and easy to slide one
3. Turn on the stereo
4. Slide like a mofo on the lino
You think I'm joking don't you?8o Shit no.

^^^ that sounds like something outta strictly ballroom or saturday night live 8o

babydoc_vic said:
The shuffle is actually very simple. To practice, simply do the following:
1. Remove shoes, but leave your socks on
2. Find a lino floor that is nice and easy to slide one
3. Turn on the stereo
4. Slide like a mofo on the lino
You think I'm joking don't you?8o Shit no.

Socks and slippery lino are a lethally dangerous combination :D
Make sure you stretch first!! And if possible have some crash mats nearby to land on for when you go flying off balance ;)

I got in trouble for calling it that once! :D
But youre right!! I bet michael flatly could pull off a mean shuffle if he was so inclined :D

Hahahahaha!!!

LMFAO!! Great video - I have to get my arse down to Melbourne and see the Shuffle "live".

the melbourne shuffle looks like the raver riverdance to me
so very, very true.

Brisbane is developing it's own style though - more of a 'bounce' than a shuffle!

I went to a party reasently and saw this guy (Apparently a BLer, i didn't catch his name) dancing like a complete dickhead

It was embaressing to watch the poor fool doing this silly dance to impress the girls, I found out later it was apparently called the Melbourne shuffle :\

tari.. its better than any commercial club style dance, and its the best style of dancing ive seen.. when it's done properly, it looks insane.

actually the aussies ive seen dancing in london i thought were americans... they had a slight shuffle and a slight american rave dance thing going. i had fun dancing with you aussies out in london :) those brits dont know how to shake it.