• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Mega tofu thread

I cooked a Tofu-Turkey last night (first time), it was really good (added frozen vegetables & rice per the instructions & baked an hour and a half) . . . I usually buy 5-packages of tofu & add it to soups and noodle dishes each week. I also love those soy sausages, I don't cook them but usually eat them as snacks or roll them up in a whole-wheat tortilla with sauerkraut (or lettuce), soy cheese, mustard and bake 5-minutes. Don't make soup too much in the summer.

As i promised my fav. recipies kinda vegetarian..

As most of you know Im a carnivorous beast but I do love vegetarian food. so hear it goes my recopies and your if you like:
Tofu Parmigiana;
Half cup seasoned bread crumb
2 Tsb dried oregono, divided
1 package extra firm Tofu(Tip:I freeze my tofu to make it superextrafirm)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
4 Oz mozzarella cheese( can be substatuted with that fake cheese)
5tbsps grated parm. cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsb olive oil
1 Clove garlic
1/2 tsb dried basil

1) In a small bowl, combine bread crums, 2 tbsp parm, 1 tsp oregano, salt, pepper.
2) Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices and place in bowl of cold watter. (not ness. if you freeze and thaw you tofu) one at a time press tofu into crumb mix, turn to coat all sides.
3) Heat Oil in a medium skillet over medium heat(low med. to prevent burning) cook tofu slices until crisp on one side Drizzle with olive oil turn and brown other side.
4) Combine tomato sauce, basil, minced garlic and remaining oregano. Place in thin layer of sauce in an 8inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan spoon remaining sauce over tofu. top with shredded cheese or flavored cheese carrot replacement sprinkle with parm.
5) Bake at 400 degree F for 20 to 40 min depending on how you like you Fu.

This recipie too my wife and I a couple times to get down to science, it sounds easy but the tofu in the skillet is tricky

This Is a nice veg. stock style soup with sauted tofurky

Tofurky
3 to 6 Cloves of garlic depending on the strength of garlic(might substatute a shallot or two, havent tried it but could be good)
1 2/3 cup white wine
1 or 2 Celery stalks
1 small vidalia onion if not available try a Texas sweat or you know the a sweet onion.
1 tbs butter or margarine
1/4 cup cream (heavy)
curry to taste or cumin I prefer curry.
pretty simple procedure.
1) Sautee Veggies
2) add wine and tofurky
3) add cream
4) goes well with a pinot

This is my new personal favorite Eggplant Canoe with tomato bake!!!!!!!
1 eggplant
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium chopped onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 small tomato sliced
1/2 green pepper chopped
cilantro, parsley 1/4 cup total
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup feta
1) clean eggplant, sclice in halves length wise, clean again..
2) preheat oven to 350 degree
3) sautee onion, green pepper and garlic until tender, add left over eggplant( stalk from building your canoes,top part lol) Stir fry until soft, 5min. Stir in your garden fresh tomatos simmer for 10 min let them get good and soft.. The original recipie said use can sliced tom. but all I had were fresh. Turned out very nice, I must say.
4) mix bread crumbs with mixture, remove from heat, split between canoes, bake for 20-30 min at 350 degree F

These are my fav. Veg recipies and I hope you all enjoy.. Please feel free to respond with your fav. recipies im always open to new things
Thanks so much 4 supporting this thread I had no idea that it would take off like this thank you so much Bluelighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: