• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Garberville, CA and ask around its in humboldt and has been on several CNN and MSNBC documentaries cause they grow thousands of tons a year around there. All the mountain hippies show up in April or May and ask around you'll find genetics. Or well anywhere in the triangle but especially that little place.

I was thinking Mendocino but I'll look into that place as well.

I managed to transplant from my x-stream system to my Amazon system so hopefully things should start to get moving now!

NSFW:
med_gallery_51167_3097_78549.jpg
med_gallery_51167_3097_36200.jpg
med_gallery_51167_3097_53244.jpg

Last edited:
The best I've smoked are sensi star, jack herer, bubblegum kush, and white widow. Im pretty sure I prefer sativas, but I do love the mixes. In amsterdamn i never felt paranoid. I loved the environment there! right now im in hawaii and i smoked some really strong indica with a local buddy. it knocked me on my ass. i dont know the name of the strain though because i dont understand the hawaiian pidgin when im stoned... hahaha

I really want to grow sensi star since that's one of Paradise's best strains. I've grown their Nebula before and it was quite good actually. I remember feeling as if I was on a hilarious time loop whilst high.

At the moment I'm growing their Paradise 'Acid', a hybrid of sour diesel with an unnamed strain. It's really squat and growing fat indica leaves just like my headband (sour diesel x OG Kush) plants. Should be interesting to try.

Last edited:
Sensi Star / Grow questions / Dank Alert...

I have been growing Sensi Star from Paradise for about 10 years now...out of 10 seeds, got 5 females all of fairly uniform taste, stature, growing time, etc. When I moved back to the US east coast, I kept a cut from the best one and gave the rest of the plants to my favorite dispensary before leaving Cali. It is a VERY hearty strain, and produces well indoor and out. My only suggestion in growing Paradise's Sensi is to watch the Ph of the soil so it doesn't become too acidic; otherwise it's a cinch to grow. Bright green nugs with an intense hash/citrus taste like no other. It's a keeper for sure.

Artificial, I'm about to get a headband cutting (from a MMJ dispensary in Colorado); assuming it's the same as the one you have in the UK, is there anything in particular I should pay attention to? I've got two Kushes in my repetoire (OG and Banana), and both are fairly hassle-free. I only ask because my friend told me to that the headband REALLY needs A LOT of nutes during the veg state, moreso than other strains. Just wondering what your experience has been.

Peace,

nope

edit - For those here in the Southern US, there has been an influx of a CRAZY GOOD DJ Short Blueberry / C99 hybrid coming out of the Tallahassee, FL region. It's all over here in Atlanta, and the crazy part is that so many different people from un-related circles have it. The "name" they've been calling it is Blue 99, and it really does capture the best of both strains. I'll upload some pics of it later today; hope I have a chance to grab a cut soon. It's slowly making it's way up the coast, so I can only hope one of the east coast MMJ dispensaries gets a hold of a cut. It's rare I get so excited over a new cross, but this one is DEFINITELY one to note.

Last edited:
Here's some pics of my Cream Caramel autos, which are doing really well and are starting to develop trichomes. The last photo is of a connie chung female in an experimental small hempy bucket! I can't wait to smoke both strains!

NSFW:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i love me some purple trainwreck

and i had some amazing blue wreck last year...it was some one hitter quitter shit..and at that time I was smoking like a quad a day

I have been growing Sensi Star from Paradise for about 10 years now...out of 10 seeds, got 5 females all of fairly uniform taste, stature, growing time, etc. When I moved back to the US east coast, I kept a cut from the best one and gave the rest of the plants to my favorite dispensary before leaving Cali. It is a VERY hearty strain, and produces well indoor and out. My only suggestion in growing Paradise's Sensi is to watch the Ph of the soil so it doesn't become too acidic; otherwise it's a cinch to grow. Bright green nugs with an intense hash/citrus taste like no other. It's a keeper for sure.

Artificial, I'm about to get a headband cutting (from a MMJ dispensary in Colorado); assuming it's the same as the one you have in the UK, is there anything in particular I should pay attention to? I've got two Kushes in my repetoire (OG and Banana), and both are fairly hassle-free. I only ask because my friend told me to that the headband REALLY needs A LOT of nutes during the veg state, moreso than other strains. Just wondering what your experience has been.

Peace,

nope

edit - For those here in the Southern US, there has been an influx of a CRAZY GOOD DJ Short Blueberry / C99 hybrid coming out of the Tallahassee, FL region. It's all over here in Atlanta, and the crazy part is that so many different people from un-related circles have it. The "name" they've been calling it is Blue 99, and it really does capture the best of both strains. I'll upload some pics of it later today; hope I have a chance to grab a cut soon. It's slowly making it's way up the coast, so I can only hope one of the east coast MMJ dispensaries gets a hold of a cut. It's rare I get so excited over a new cross, but this one is DEFINITELY one to note.

Hey sorry I didn't reply to your post straight away. For some reason I didn't see it even though it was right in front of me (too much weed!).

If you're getting headband from a dispensary, I doubt it's the same headband I have. The one I bought isn't really headband technically, but Sour Kush from Reserva Privada i.e. the DNA genetics guys. Your headband is most likely the clone only strain not available in seed form, the 707 headband cut, which is just as good as what I've got and similar since Sour Kush was bred to emulate the 707 cut.

As for the nutrient load, I wouldn't over do it with the nutrients. Just feed it at a reasonable levels when the nutrients in your potting compost run out (which should be enough for the whole of the vegetative stage if you're potting up like you're really supposed to) and as the plant grows, it'll start to show slight deficiencies. At this point and not before, increase the nutrient level by a small amount until you're giving a it a dose that's just high enough to keep it looking healthy and vibrant. Purposefully increasing the nutrient level above and beyond what it needs in an attempt to increase the yield will only result in a buildup of nutrients in the plant which, come harvest time, will end up in your bud. Less is usually more IMO. I would stick to organic nutrients to bring out the taste and smell of the strain though, since that's partly what it's so famous for.

I'm really interested in seeing a phot of that Blue 99 hybrid. If you could post a photo up that would be awesome. Sounds like a great plant. By the way, if you're really into good blueberry hybrids I would recommend getting Dinafem Blue Widow seeds. They really are an excellent, highly vigorous, very pretty and colourful and great tasting plants. I first grew one as a freebie and it was so great I decided I just had to buy some more of those seeds. I'm planning on growing the once I've harvested all my current plants which are growing right now.

Last edited:
Favorite IBL and Land Race Genetics?

As they say, variety is the spice of life. Going back to the roots of all hybrid creations we find some truly dazzling master pieces. Does anyone have any specific experience or memories to share? Pure Sativa or 100% indica plants really can show one an amazingly different perspective of this plant.

I've collected some data on a laos/thailand strain that flowerings 24+ weeks. Some S. Africans & s. american strain phenos have to flower 18-24 weeks with similar flower periods. These are amazing plants that grow over 20ft,some of the trippiest sativa's ever smoked. Ever experience Santa Marta Colombian gold or another interesting land race or ibl? Please share your thought & experience.

Last edited:
Acapulco Gold back in the nineties. Sweet sweet smoke, superb high.

I'm also very interested in landraces, although the vast majority of them won't really be IBLs as they're more a collection of different genotypes and can be fairly diverse. If you do get some landrace genetics you should try and preserve the strain by selecting the best single female from your seeds and pollinate it with all your males. Then take a good sample of the seeds that result (at least a hundred) and place them into the freezer after dessication.

I've got some really good landrace strains which I've added to my collection. So far I've got two indicas:

Mazar-I-Sharif
Lebanese

and these sats:

Kumaoni
Garhwali Shiva
Garhwali Jungli
Mango Thai
Pahari Farmhouse
Malana

And I'm planning on collecting yet more when I'm able. I'll definitely be making my own crosses using these strains.

Here are some photos of some of the landraces I listed. The first is the Garhwali Shiva, the second is the Malana and the third the Kumaoni.

NSFW:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Merged. FMF, this thread is the one place for strain discussion.

anyone know what 'neckle' is? Got some the other week, was just one dense bud. Had very little smell, but turned out to be ridiculously potent. one spliff and i was smashed (i smoke daily so was surprised). my man said it was from birmingham.

Also what do ppl think of buying shake weight? I have been buying it for very cheap. i feel like it could be cut tho as its like ground weed and very small bits of bud.

Last edited:
^ I don't think there is a strain called 'neckle'. It's not on the main strain database on the net.

Not sure what you mean by shake weight. If you think it could be cut then I wouldn't be buying it. I would edit out the price since they don't allow it here. Just to let you know.

Here's a strain I'm growing, DNA Connie Chung, in a hempy bucket filled with fytocell. Seems really healthy at the mo. Gosh it makes me wonder how people get into so much difficulty when growing when it's so easy to do. Something like a hempy bucket is so hassle free even a child could do it.

NSFW:
attachment.php

Yeah I think neckle was some street lingo for 'strong'. Sorry bout price too.

Your plant does look really healthy. looks similar to a speedy gonzales strain I grew recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.