• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Methods of Smoking

What method of smoking is your favourite?

• Joint (pure cannabis rolled in a paper)

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Spliff (cannabis/tobacco mix rolled in a paper)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Blunt (cannabis rolled in a tobacco wrap)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Bowl (traditional pipe)

Votes: 52 16.5%
  • Bong (water pipe)

Votes: 100 31.7%
  • Waterfall/bucket/gravity bong

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Vaporiser

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • Hot-knives

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
In my experience I've almost never been around people who simply roll joints, they virtually always roll spliffs. As for my dislike of them, I don't like the feeling tobacco gives me, I seem to be very sensitive to nicotine, and I always want way more weed than tobacco. I'm surprised more people haven't said this, given that I feel like I've been around multiple, diverse groups of people (in US and Europe) who almost always roll spliffs.

Or I guess most people like nicotine more than me.

To me a joint and spliff are interchangeable terms for the same thing. If there is tobacco in it the joint/spliff is 'batched.' In the context of this thread a joint is a spliff is a joint, which is marijuana rolled up in a rolling paper. No tobacco, I don't like it either.

As far as blunts burning slower, I don't really agree there at all. They require larger amounts which create larger cherries which in turn burn more on their own, they're more wasteful if anything. I agree breaking a blunt up is nothing to think about anyway, but not everyone can break up a blunt properly either.

I really think it boils down to the quality of your roll. A lot of people think they can roll decent when they really can't roll for peanuts at all. My joints always burn slow and smoothly. There is some loss in the cherry burning, but as long as its rolled right the cherry doesn't get out of control and when its not being hauled on its really not burning all that much. if your joints are canoeing and going out or theyre rolled so loosely and unevenly that it burns uncontrollably then yeah.. you're going to waste much more. I can't really argue that there isn't any waste, but for myself personally I've never felt it to be substantial enough to outweigh all the pros of smoking one.

I am by no means rich but the need to conserve a few extra .'s here and there (if I waste even that much at all) is just not something I even care about. The argument of having top quality stuff necessitating using a bong so you don't waste more doesnt work for me. I'd rather smoke my quality stuff out of a spliff because it gives the best taste, and the best part of top quality stuff is the quality of the smoke and its taste. Top quality stuff means you need to roll less as well, which equates to less waste, so in my opinion, smoking a joint of top quality is the best you can do.

I really don't even like the idea or use of vaporizers. Inhaling out of a bag with some device is not my cup of tea, absolutely no enjoyment there for me. I've tried it and they taste funny to me too.

Sometimes I feel like I am an old man lol.

Last edited:
joints just dont really do anything overly well compared to other forms of ingestion for me to bother rolling them

they burn faster than blunts
dont get me as stoned as bongs
more unhealthy than vaporizing

doesnt leave much incentive to buy a pack of papers

I guess the fact that you dont have to gut anything is a plus, but once you do it for the 40 thousandth time its just like blowing your nose really, you just do it

Blunts burn way faster than joints, you just aint doing it right.

No of course you arent. Joint is my fav way to smoke but I smoke out of a glass bowl sometimes to conserve weed or just for a change. But joint is always number 1.

I love rolling doobs. I've gotten so good at rolling. I should be, I've been smoking weed for 15 years now. I do the three paper joints with zig zag orange and a huge crutch. I'll roll a joint with all the weed I'm planning on smoking in a day. Then I'll smoke as much as I need in a sitting and put it out, relight it, so on and so forth. I find it economical because my joints burn so slow. I also think smoking a joint is more conducive to a good blaze sesh. The whole ritual is awesome. It's slower than smoking glass and more relaxed. Bongs are great, but all the cleaning and the nasty taste (oh yea, joints taste so much better) and the fact is, you hit it a few times and you're done. Not as chillll.

Speaking of which, I think it's about time to go to the weedstore and blaze the volcano and maybe get a free massage. I got that Dutch Crunch (Jack Herer x Dutch Treat) out of the Yay Area (Yerba Buena Collective in San Jose). Probably my new favorite strain. Jack Herer is already my favorite, but with the added indica of Dutch Treat makes it perfect. It's def a sativa, but its effects are what you would expect with an indica. Anyways, sorry for being off topic.

Pipes fall into the same category, and their smoke is usually too hot for me, which is strange because by the same logic a joint should be 'hot' as well, but its just not.

Be more gentle with them. You get more weed smoke with one toke than you do with a joint so if you toke too hard you just rape your throat.

Nothing I love more than gently puffing away on a bowl of hash and weed in my pipe.

blunt or joint how much gets wasted really depends on how good you are at rolling, i suppose the cherry size might mean the blunt wastes more weed but you can always get a bigger rip off a blunt which i looove and with much less effort if its rolled good. personally blunts get me more baked than a joint

No you're not man, but the weed is just so strong up here that having a whole one by yourself with .5 in it is really hardcore, not kidding. When I do smoke joints they have .2/.25 in them with some tobacco. Otherwise it is a waste and I do not end up enjoying it.

I figure you are in my age bracket 25-34 eh? These new kids never knew schwag so they find those glass bongs perfect for one-hit-shit.

Personally my favourite way to toke is hot knifing, poor man's vaporizer...nothing hits like well done hot knives.

arguing over which way is the "best" method of ingesting weed should be reserved for 14 year olds and those poor kids who get sheltered up until college, go away on their own for school, and become the biggest stoners before they even have a chance to skip class on the first day.

At the end of the flame, just do whatever you feel is the most advantageous for what YOU are looking for.

For example, if you wanted to be health concious you could vaporize or make edibles
if you want to feel like youre stuck to the couch, get that bong out
if you want to act like you are the sole authority on rolling techniques either grab a pack of Tops papers or just get a Bluntville, a stopwatch, and a hand ready to pat whoever would rather smoke blunts on the back

.33 dutch treat + .07 of jelly hash. hash rolled out into an even noodle the length of, and placed in the center of the joint. gotta love that gooey center ;)

NSFW:
TimZe2S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
blunt or joint how much gets wasted really depends on how good you are at rolling, i suppose the cherry size might mean the blunt wastes more weed but you can always get a bigger rip off a blunt which i looove and with much less effort if its rolled good. personally blunts get me more baked than a joint
Another reason blunts burn faster is all the added ingredients burn way hotter than a joint. I won't deny that the average blunt is easier to hit than the average joint, but roll a joint as thick as a blunt and it will be easy to hit, too. Easier in fact, because you can take big hits without wanting to die.

Also, infantannihilator, the reason pipes are more harsh is because in a joint the smoke gets cooled by passing through all the weed in it.

and also that's a fucking beautiful joint. I rolled one like that ONCE, but with a lot more weed and no hash in it. But the core look was the same. I did mine by stuffing the weed in, which worked better than you'd think. It was the best joint I've ever rolled.

I love smoking a good ol' joint, 1/5th of a cigarette, .5g, rolled with Rips... Does anyone else know about Rips? Maybe in Europe? Here in Switzerland it's the most common way to roll, it's basically a fruit roll-up of paper, so you can choose the length of your joint, haha.

I use a one hitter whenever I smoke alone, the only exception is when I smoke saved stems. Then I use (well make a new one) a homemade water bottle bong.

But when I'm smoking with two or more people, I use a joint or a blunt, whichever is easier to get at the time. I would make personal joints, but for me those would be a waste. I can make 1gram last a week easily with my one hitter. Saves me money and bud. But to those who can afford it, go for it lol

I recently returned home to Aus after a 6 week tour around Europe (including Amsterdam of course!), and Ive pretty much converted to joints now.
Never thought I would stick with smoking only joints, but Ive started to look past the $ factor and have really learned to enjoy the whole culture surrounding rolling up.

My favorite papers have got to be the Raw selections.
The little packs that come with king size papers & roaches = genius invention.

I recently returned home to Aus after a 6 week tour around Europe (including Amsterdam of course!), and Ive pretty much converted to joints now.
Never thought I would stick with smoking only joints, but Ive started to look past the $ factor and have really learned to enjoy the whole culture surrounding rolling up.

My favorite papers have got to be the Raw selections.
The little packs that come with king size papers & roaches = genius invention.

Nice one mate, I was over there last year, had a fucking blast as I am sure you did!

I was a fan of joints before I went over to Europe but going over definately does remind one how nice they are, since it seems to be the primary way cannabis is consumed. A few months over there certainly didn't do my rolling skills any harm that is for sure. (not to say I am an amazing roller by any means!)

The only Raw papers I have used are the vegan ones, the ones that are white instead of brown. I actually still have most of the pack because I am pretty sure I have only actually used two of them, I don't know about normal Raw's but I have found the organic/vegan ones to have a really strange taste that isn't unpleasant but really interferes with my ability to taste the weed. I agree the king sized papers packet with filter tips attatched is pure genius, but I did see OCB packets that also had this when I was in Amsterdam and I also recall using one in Germany (Berlin), haven't found them over here though like I did the Raws despite finding normal OCB packets.

My favourtie rolling papers would have to be OCB and Smoking. If I am rolling a larger joint then I like to use OCB Slim Premium or King Size Smoking Deluxe, if it is a smaller joint then I like to use OCB X-Pert Slim or King Size Smoking Master. I would probably prefer the latter two papers in all cases if I were a good enough roller to be able to use them in all cases.

I can certainly say since travelling Europe I have put neither flame nor my lips to Zig Zag's. Can't believe I used to actually like those! Live and learn I suppose...

Infantannihilator you have some really nice rolling skills! It doesn't like you used a roach/tip/crutch though? Assuming I am correct I would be quite curious why, as your rolling style otherwise seems to have a European influence (sans the tobacco it appears) and I can't really figure out the benefit in not using one. For me having a crutch in my spliff is pretty much essential.

I'm like you, I like rolling joints and spliffs. I haven't used a vaporizer before, much too fancy for me! haha bongs don't really do it for me because I too don't realy like the feeling of being desperate for air! Not at this point in time anyway maybe in the future I'll get my own fancy bong. I don't mind cones especially when I'm in a hurry or something and don't have time to do a good roll. The only thing I don't like about joints is that they are wasteful if you don't have a steady supply of weed all the time, like me.

I'm gonna smoke......yo mom..u even lift brah?

also whoever said blunts burn fast...what? no.

Blunts burn way fast. The fastest way of smoking. You mad bro?

You can't tell me all those added chemicals don't burn way hotter than cannabis, you'd be talking out of your ass. However I recently discovered that Phillies Blunts (NOT cigarillos!) burn pretty damn slow for a blunt.

However, yeah, blunts burn fast as fuck. They seem to burn slow because the smoke is so harsh you can't handle so much of it at once.