• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Mega Merged Drug Bust Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings Cross strip clubs DreamGirls and Bada Bing forced to close

Kings Cross strip clubs Bada Bing and DreamGirls have been slapped with long-term closure orders over a raft of licence breaches, including staff allegedly selling cocaine to patrons.

Police raided the notorious clubs last December and they were temporarily closed after an investigation into drug supply within the venues.

1454444957519.jpg

The New South Wales Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority has now approved the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing's application to shut the venues down for the long term.

The application against DreamGirls alleged that undercover officers were sold cocaine by venue staff, strippers were openly snorting the drug and there was an illegal bar operating inside the club where alcohol was sold and drug use and smoking allowed.

During the raid in December, police allegedly found 17 plastic bags containing suspected drugs.

1454444957519.jpg

DreamGirls owner Frank "Ashtray" Amante said at the time that the raid was a "bit of an overkill" and when asked about drug dealing by staff said: "That could be happening there. I don't know. I'm not there that much."

The order forces DreamGirls to close for six months from February 1 or until "persons acceptable" are appointed as licensee or manager, a venue drug control policy is created and security cameras are installed to monitor access to levels of the club.

The application against Bada Bing said that undercover officers were able to purchase cocaine at the club on multiple occasions in 2015, including from a responsible service of alcohol marshal.

1454444957519.jpg

Kings Cross identity Frank Amante was planning to sell DreamGirls amid moves to shut it down. Photo: Brendan Esposito

The club is also accused of allowing members of outlaw motorcycle gangs to enter the venue, in breach of the Kings Cross laws, and of breaking licence conditions intended to protect strippers from being assaulted by patrons.

As with DreamGirls, Bada Bing has been forced to close for six months, from January 31,or until new "acceptable" appointments are made. Long-term conditions on the club include that no staff with liquor or drug convictions can be hired, that extra surveillance cameras must be installed within the club and a long-term venue drug policy formed.

In January, Fairfax revealed that a previous application from the The Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing to cancel DreamGirl's liquor licence was rejected six months before police carried out the drugs raids in December.

The application came after a 16-year-old was served alcohol at DreamGirls, having not being asked for identification for scanning at the entrance.

Mr Amante was in January attempting to sell the business amid the moves for a long term closure order.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kings-cro...d-to-close-20160202-gmk3wt.html#ixzz3z3UhOgGt

Those and the Love Machine are the 3 worst strip clubs in Sydney any how. Good riddance.

Man Busted with $1.4 Million in Pot in Pope County

POPE COUNTY, Ark. -- A California man appeared before a judge today after being arrested in Arkansas Friday with nearly 900 pounds of marijuana.

Mario Soto, 33 of Rialto, California, faces charges of Trafficking, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Simultaneous Possession of Drugs and Firearm, according to the River Valley Leader.

Soto was pulled over on I-40 in Pope County by Arkansas State Police for a traffic violation, according to RVL.

After requesting to search the truck, the trooper located 893 pounds of marijuana (street value of over $1.4 million) in a large hidden compartment of the trailer, a glock .45 caliber pistol with two loaded magazines and a light attachment in a bag in the backseat of the truck.

The truck, trailer, a 2012 Polaris RTR Soto was hauling, $798 in cash, the drugs and gun were all seized by the Fifth Judicial District Drug Task Force.

A judge set Soto's bond at $100,000.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-new...n-in-pot-in-pope-county#.Vq_10bMPUuk.facebook

South Australian teens charged over festival drugs

Two teenagers have been accused of attempting to supply an Adelaide music festival with hundreds of ecstasy pills.

The teens, aged 18 and 19, were arrested following searches at two homes in Kidman Park and Flinders Park on Thursday night, police say.

More than 800 pills were allegedly bound for St. Jerome's Laneway Festival this evening.

Most of the seized drugs were stamped with a dollar sign symbol, similar to the drugs which were taken by 19-year-old Stefan Woodward who died of an overdose at Stereosonic in September. Police are investigating if they are the same drug.

The men were bailed to appear in the Port Adelaide Magistrates Court on February 23 charged with drug trafficking.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-over-festival-drugs-haul#u4PsQBZ5cgpHtlaz.99

Wow. They were lucky to get bail...800 pingers. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Wow. They were lucky to get bail...800 pingers. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I wonder if they will show up for court ?
I would certainly think twice about doing so when facing a virtually guaranteed long jail sentence . [ but I'm guessing that possible influential parents put up the bail surety - probably a substantial sum , if so ....]

Police seize 99 pounds of synthetic marijuana, cash during drug bust

ODESSA, TX (KWES) -

Almost 100 pounds of synthetic marijuana, over $170,000 in cash and two firearms were seized in a drug bust.

Ruben Hernandez, 28, is charged with possession of controlled substance.

According to the report, Odessa Police received a tip that Hernandez was selling synthetic marijuana from his business at Big Tex Outer Limits and had a large amount of synthetic marijuana at his home.

Following surveillance on Hernandez, detectives were able to get a search warrant.

That's when police found 99 pounds of synthetic marijuana, almost $172,000 in cash, a Glock pistol and a rifle.

Hernandez is currently behind bars at the Ector County Detention Center.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/3115...-of-synthetic-marijuana-cash-during-drug-bust

Over $150k seized in Qld police raid

Over $150k seized in Qld police raid

Police have found $158,000 in cash, a semi-automatic handgun and drugs in a raid on the Gold Coast.

A patched member of the Hell's Angels bikie gang has been charged with multiple offences following Saturday's raid on a Surfers Paradise property.

The 40-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman are expected to face Southport Magistrates Court on Monday.

Source: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...d/news-story/fe0efca6c07ba7f0cc59010c7c89b045

Surfers Paradise raids bust Hells Angels bikie with weapons, dangerous drugs and $158,000 in cash

DETECTIVES have arrested a Hells Angels bikie after weekend raids uncovered dangerous drugs, weapons and more than $150,000 in cash.

Officers from Taskforce Maxima charged the Hells Angels patched member and a woman with multiple offences following the execution of a search warrant at a Surfers Paradise address on Saturday.

Police will allege during the search they located $158,000 in cash, a semiautomatic handgun under a lounge cushion, and a quantity of Methylamphetamine.

a95641b4bf892b2650fe382d2bda1012

A 40-year-old man from New South Wales has been charged with two counts each of possession a dangerous drug, unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of property used in the commission of a crime.

He was also charged with one count each of, possession of property suspected of being tainted, possession of drug utensils and use of a place for drug offences.

A 28-year-old woman from Mermaid Beach has been charged with two counts of unlawful possession of a weapon; and one count each of possession of a dangerous drug, possession of property used in the commission of a crime, possession of drug utensils and use of a place for drug offences.

e979be9dc8b0c8769b9c4c37c2b0145e

The man and woman are scheduled to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court this morning.

Taskforce Commander Detective Superintendent Mick Niland said the search warrant resulted in another dangerous firearm off the streets.

“The seizure of unlawful firearms is significant for the Queensland Police Service and community,” he said.

d7881cccce2de26b0bb1911bda9cbf29

“It begs the question why do OMCG members and associates need firearms and weapons when they state that they are nothing more than a brotherhood of motorcyclists?”

Source and Video of raid: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...h/news-story/987ca814e163202136e4714529a6a1cf

Drugs swoop hailed big win

A RAID on a Kirwan home by the Australian Border Force and Townsville Drug Squad has allegedly uncovered nearly half a million dollars worth of drugs and cash.

A stash of about 6100 ecstasy tablets, 5kg of cannabis, 37g of meth and $60,000 in cash were allegedly found.

The house was raided after an investigation into the illegal importation of drugs by the ABF in South Australia had uncovered a Townsville link.

Townsville Drug Squad detective Senior Sergeant Mick Walker said the drugs were more than likely destined for the city’s party scene.

“The drugs had a street value of about $390,000 and then about $60,000 cash, which just goes to show how much money these people are making,” Sen-Sgt Walker said.

“Nobody knows what’s in those pills until they are analysed, it could have rat poison in it, you’ve got no idea what these people making the pills are putting in them.

“Getting them out of circulation is a big win for police.

“We are coming into Easter, another let-your-hair-down period, so it is pleasing to get them out of circulation and we will continue to work on arresting the bigger fish.”

Sen-Sgt Walker said the ABF was focused on charging people with Commonwealth offences, such as importing drugs from overseas, while local police took care of the state-based charges.

“They (the ABF) are investigating all of the Commonwealth offences, like importing stuff over the border,” he said.

“If someone gets caught with it locally, we will charge them with a state-based offence, whereas the ABF will look at the importation offences, which are Commonwealth.

“It’s not every day you are going get someone with over 6000 pills, which are between $30 and $40 a pill, it’s out of the ordinary to find that in one location, but a great win.”

ABF commander of immigration and customs enforcement David Nockels said it was important for the ABF and police to work closely together to crack down on drugs..

“Our officers have a very close and productive working relationship with Queensland Police and it’s this close relationship which has led to this result,” he said.

A 24-year-old man has been charged with eight offences, including trafficking dangerous drugs and weapons-related offences and is scheduled to appear in Townsville Magistrates Court on March 8.

Source: http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...n/news-story/4097d79251e51bd72d3bfae6c498ce14

'It's me, I can't stop': Mother-of-two reveals the moment she finally realised her drug use was out of control - and how she claimed her life back after a stint in a luxury Thai rehab facility

The first time Nicole tried the drug speed she was 19 years old.

At the time taking drugs ‘was just fun’, and something she did of a weekend.

But addiction took hold, and before too long her drug use had escalated from recreational use to using during the week.

Nicole, now 36, told Daily Mail Australia it was not until one year ago, after 16 years of use, that she came to realise her addiction was something she could not control.

30E48B5B00000578-3425658-image-a-30_1454629465651.jpg

‘I really didn’t accept it, because obviously you’re in denial,’ she said.

She tried to take control of her life, and in sheer desperation moved house.

But the move only made her realise having access to drugs was not the problem. ‘It’s not that it’s there at my fingertips,’ she said, ‘it’s me, I can’t stop.’

Today Nicole has been sober for one year and two months after a stint in the rehab clinic DARA Thailand, but her journey to sobriety has not been easy.

Nicole had her first alcoholic drink when she was 12 years old, just as a taste.

By the age of 13 she was using marijuana, but her use was minimal.

‘I always played sports and I was always at school,’ she said. ‘But of a weekend and socially that’s what we were doing in our teenage years.

‘By the age of probably 16 I was drinking every weekend … you think at that age that’s normal.’

30E48B5200000578-3425658-image-a-51_1454632926565.jpg

pictured here in 2009

Nicole had her first alcoholic drink when she was 12 years old, just as a taste.

By the age of 13 she was using marijuana, but her use was minimal.

‘I always played sports and I was always at school,’ she said. ‘But of a weekend and socially that’s what we were doing in our teenage years.

‘By the age of probably 16 I was drinking every weekend … you think at that age that’s normal.’

She started to take speed, an amphetamine drug, when she was 19.

‘I was in a relationship and desperately in love with this boy and he lived away,’ she said.

‘I realised that when I was on it [speed] I didn’t feel like I did when I was straight, missing him and that sort of stuff, so to me I feel much better in that state.’

She started to take the drug about three times a week, and then every day before she went to work.

Nicole said her outgoing, social personality meant she able to disguise the ‘high’ the drug gave her from her colleagues.

'I would look in the mirror and see my eyes wide open and think, oh my God, it’s 11am in the morning,’ she said.

‘Having said that I was able to hide that for a long time because, you know, it’s not something people expect in a business office.’

The only time Nicole stopped drinking and take drugs was when she was pregnant and breastfeeding her two children.

‘Most people crave ice cream, or gherkins or crave food, I craved wine and amphetamines,’ she said.

While the drug was starting to take a toll emotionally, it also had physical affects.

‘I had aged a lot,’ she said.

‘I ended up in hospital the year I decided to go to DARA (rehab), I was having heart spasms.’

As a single mother of two children the stress of her addiction started to take its toll.

‘I was severely, incredibly depressed,’ she said.

‘I had come to the realisation I couldn’t do this anymore, the kids were better off without me being their mother, I wasn’t teaching them anything but being aggressive and angry and frustrated and disconnected.’

Nicole was suicidal for a month.

She called her brother and said she needed help, and he and his wife immediately came to her aid.

They handed her a choice of rehabilitation clinics and Nicole chose to travel to DARA Thailand.

Two and a half months later she boarded the plane.

‘It was sheer relief, nothing but relief,’ she said.

‘I knew I was safe as soon as I got on that plane.’

Withdrawel symptoms from drug use left her physically and mentally exhausted and she spent the first night in Thailand in a Bangkok hospital.

But when she checked in to DARA, she hit the ground running.

The centre gave her a daily schedule that included a morning meditation or exercise in the morning followed by breakfast, group sessions, process groups and allocated free time that Nicole used to do further work set out by her personal counsellor.

While she initially planned to stay for a month, Nicole extended her stay to six weeks after she realised her dependence on alcohol was also a problem.

‘Once they started to talk about alcohol being a drug and a complete abstinence program I started to think oh my goodness, I really have some work to do,’ she said.

‘To me I never thought I had any issue with alcohol.’

INSIDE THE REHAB CLINIC: WHAT CAN PATIENTS EXPECT AT DARA THAILAND

DARA Thailand is Asia’s premier destination for addiction treatment.

DARA uses its Integrated Behavioural Treatment Model (IBTM) components, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Rational Emotive Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Relapse Prevention Therapy, Intensive Behavioural
Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy varies according to the problem being addressed, but is essentially a collaborative and individualised program that helps individuals identify unhelpful thoughts and behaviours, and learn or relearn, healthier habits and skills.

DARA implements a program based on the 12-Steps of Narcotics Anonymous:
1. Look at life in a new and improved way
2. Have no regrets about the past
3. Stop fearing people, places or things
4. Stop worrying about finances
5. Become less selfish, focusing on less self-seeking behaviour
6. Achieve greater happiness
7. End self-pity
8. Learn how to intuitively handle situations
9. Put an end to feelings of uselessness
10. Increase their ability to help others
11. Achieve a level of serenity

30C53B0A00000578-3425658-image-a-29_1454629232353.jpg

DARA Thailand looks more like a resort than a rehabilitation centre.

Photos of the facility show beautiful pools, lush gardens and tropical villas, but Nicole said if she knew she put in the hard work it would pay off.

‘I knew I needed to do the work, I was there to do that, not on a holiday,’ she said.

She learned that people who struggle with addictions have distorted thought patterns, and she was taught how to identity these distortions and turn them around in to rational thoughts.

Nicole credited DARA with saving her life, but the transition from rehab to home life proved a challenge.

‘I had my eyes wide open, but you’re quite vulnerable,’ she said.

On the advice of DARA she immediately signed up to support meetings, and after a month, she started to settle in to her new routine.

She returned to work, who had supported her rehab journey, and in 90 days attended 90 meetings.

Nicole hopes by sharing her story she will be able to help others struggling with addiction.

‘I never in my wildest dreams could ever picture myself living without drugs or alcohol,’ she said.

‘My advice is to just be honest with yourself and reach out to people that you know.

‘The first step is breaking through that denial.’

She also recommended attending alcoholics or narcotics anonymous support groups.

‘Addiction is the same for everyone,’ she said.

‘Addiction’s never going to leave, it’s always going to be there, but you can certainly learn how to manage it and maintain it and not have it control you.’

If you, or someone you know, needs support please phone beyondblue on 1300 22 4636 or visit www.beyondblue.org.au.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-control-claimed-life-back.html#ixzz3zXNZeqAs

Alleged tobacco and drug ring smashed by undercover police officers

c15010112c06c8c0a4336db41816bc08

UNDERCOVER police officers have smashed an alleged tobacco and drug importation ring by pretending to buy the illegal cigarettes for themselves.

Taskforce Polaris officers spent a year infiltrating the alleged syndicate — which they claim includes corrupt customs brokers — before spending more than $200,000 to import two shipping containers of black market cigarettes.

They then swooped on the alleged gang and arrested 13 people, charging them with defrauding the government of millions of dollars in unpaid excise, drug supply and dealing in the proceeds of crime.

Nearly $200,000 worth of cocaine, firearms and $14 million in cash and assets, such as property and cars, were also seized.

d08bfa7f4eeb99899bc2ea52808f9bcc

Police had long suspected the group of importing tens of millions of cigarettes and hundreds of tonnes of molasses tobacco, according to documents tendered to court.

The smugglers cigarette brand of choice, Manchester, is made in the United Arab Emirates and imported for $5 a packet, before being sold for $12.

The syndicate allegedly used two corrupt customs brokers to hijack the details of “clean companies” to avoid detection.

One member of the Elzein family, which runs two supermarkets in southern Sydney and is accused of being at the centre of the syndicate, bought a $890,000 home and a $44,000 car but hasn’t declared an income for the past seven years.

The Elzeins would allegedly onsell the illegally imported tobacco through their supermarkets or to wholesalers.

Police allegedly bought cocaine supplied by a senior Lone Wolf bikie Mohammed Jomaa, 24, via alleged drug dealer Hussein Khadouh.

This relationship connected police to the Elzeins, who police allege had dealings with Jomaa’s cousin and customs broker Mouhamed Jomaa, 37.

No pleas have been entered and their cases return to court later this month.

15b4e42a196f6e04cd6986372cf5ddd5

0b5376ac914f36e024a25ccc35c708e2

Mohammad Jomma

c5331b4a22856a7bb3e68b6e7bf1b6e3

Mouhamed Jomaa.

dee408637fecb7714614c33de6e5f9cc

Mohamed Mourtada.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/d41f3abad74db5a9c170317887acffe5

Mohammad, Mouhamed & Mohamed. The 3 stooges.

hahahaha geese how many different ways is there to spell a name?

Q: What do you call a leb who gets drunk?
A: Hammered

Q: What do you call a pissed leb?
A: Hamid

Q: What do you call a bashed leb?
A: Mohamed

Seventeen bikies arrested as police swoop on Rebels on the Central Coast

SEVENTEEN people have been arrested and drugs, cash and prohibited weapons have been seized following raids on the Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang on the Central Coast.

During a two-day operation, more than 200 specialist police officers targeted over a dozen homes and businesses in the region, including a tattoo parlour at The Entrance.

Detectives uncovered prohibited drugs, pill presses, a handgun and ammunition, along with a large sum of cash, Rebels OMCG paraphernalia and reptiles.

aad66bd340c67a1f6199c8c577f6553d

7aef1e7c7cad477cea2e6836698310e4

Eight warrants were executed on Tuesday at homes in Lisarow, Killarney Vale, Budgewoi and The Entrance, along with two homes each at Hamlyn Terrace and Mannering Park.

A Firearms Prohibition Order search was also conducted at Tumbi Umbi.

Yesterday, four further search warrants were executed at homes at Wyoming, Kangy Angy and The Entrance.

Those arrested are aged from late 20s to mid-fifties and have been charged with numerous offences including assault, drug manufacture and supply, and consorting with a criminal group.

Officers involved in the operation include strike force detectives, Public Order and Riot Squad, Polair, Rescue and Bomb Disposal Unit and the Dog Unit.

Strike Force Gateley was formed by detectives from the State Crime Command’s Gangs Squad and Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command in January 2015.

Source and video: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/d44a50be0db38a40283d57fa54abf628

Taskforce Maxima raid nets 2kg of ice, guns and steroids

POLICE have seized two kilograms of the drug “Ice”, steroids and weapons after a raid in the Hervey Bay area in the last 48 hours in relation to a long-standing associate of the Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang.

Over yesterday and today, 65 police officers conducted early morning raids on 15 search warrants throughout the Hervey Bay and Maryborough area, where it is alleged all properties are linked to one primary offender.

The bust sees the closure of a nine-month operation by Taskforce Maxima where 38 offenders have been charged with 122 charges with vast quantities of drugs such as ice - much of which was located in an esky - cannabis and ecstasy tablets were seized.

482690fcd0b96b924619868e95c73bf6

“The seizure of two kilograms of ice means a great deal to the community of Hervey Bay. That’s a minimum of 20,000 hits of ice that is not making its way into our community,” Detective Senior Sergeant Dave Briese of Maryborough CIB stated.

This morning, a 35-year-old Susan River man was charged with trafficking in dangerous drugs and possession of illegal weapons.

His $600,000 property which included motor vehicles was also restrained by police.

“Another seven illegal firearms seized during this operation including a loaded handgun and shotgun seized yesterday from a longstanding associate of the Rebels OMCG is a terrific win for the community. We thank the community for their ongoing support and continuing information about OMCGs and their crime networks,” Acting Detective Inspector Tim Leadbetter of Taskforce Maxima Protracted Operations stated.

The operation was conducted by Hervey Bay Criminal Investigation Branch and Task Force Maxima.

Source and video of bust: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s/news-story/0535c44416a2016164f5c8d13c01cd1d

Perth drug busts: WA Police seize 32kg of meth in two separate raids

dd369e4ca11d2c5b1f53c7ad45e8e968

TWO separate raids on Perth hotel rooms within hours on Tuesday have prevented more than 30kg of methamphetamine from hitting the streets.

A 22-year-old Chinese national has been charged following the seizure of 26.4kg of crystal meth, with a potential street value up to $66 million, on Tuesday afternoon.

A raid on a Perth CBD hotel room by the Joint Organised Crime Taskforce – comprising of WA Police, Australian Federal Police, Australian Crime Commission, Australian Border Force and Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre – allegedly uncovered 14 vacuum sealed bags containing a white crystal substance, which police believe is meth.

The haul is the biggest seizure of meth by the joint taskforce.

Scales, phones and a small amount of cash were also seized. The 22-year-old man was arrested at the scene and later charged with possessing a prohibited drug with intent to sell or supply. He was set to face Perth Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

8d9e629bb674bc3a6a2937e4c3495bae

ba2a6691b330c9143714d83e9be6b083

Hours later on Tuesday night, officers from the Serious and Organised Crime Division Meth Team raided a Perth hotel apartment and seized about 5kg of methamphetamine and 14.4 litres of Gamma-Butyoactone, a pre-cursor chemical used to make the drug GHB, also known as liquid fantasy.

A 41-year-old man and 25-year-old woman have been charged with two counts each of possessing a prohibited drug with intent to sell or supply and one count each of possessing stolen or unlawfully obtained property. Police are conducting further inquiries in relation to this seizure.

AFP state manager Commander Matt Rippon praised the efforts of the agencies involved in the joint taskforce operation.

“By stopping these drugs reaching the streets, we have today saved over a quarter of million deals of the drug wreaking havoc across our community,” he said.

WA Police Acting Assistant Commissioner Pryce Scanlan said seizures like this one were significant for the WA community as the dangers of meth were well-known.

“Asian organised crime continues to have a significant impact on the importation and distribution of meth in WA. They are affecting our state and taking advantage of the vulnerable in our community,” he said.

91c69d63354031578d28a8082d74845b

Since starting in April 2015, the WA taskforce has seized 75kg of meth and charged 29 people with drug importation or dealing offences.

ACC WA state manager Doug Miller said meth posed the greatest threat to the Australian public out of all illicit drugs – by far.

“The results achieved from joint operations such as this one demonstrate our commitment to work together to detect and disrupt this illicit market,” he said.

Minister for Justice Michael Keenan congratulated the taskforce’s largest seizure of ice to date and the arrest of one man for the intent to sell.

“This seizure demonstrates the tireless efforts law enforcement agencies are taking to protect the vulnerable in our community,” he said.

“By stopping these drugs reaching the streets, we have today saved over a quarter of a million deals of this dangerous drug, estimated at $66 million, from wreaking havoc across the Perth community.”

These two busts on Tuesday are the latest in a series of big methamphetamine seizures in Perth.

In July last year, federal and WA police seized 21kg of meth worth $21 million in Karrinyup and charged five people.

The following month, three men were charged over a $20 million methamphetamine haul from an Osborne Park storage unit.

Then in September, police seized 321kg of crystal meth and $1.4 million in cash — the largest seizure of the drug ice in WA history. Four Hong Kong nationals were charged over the drug haul, which had an estimated street value of $321 million.

Source: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/6439e692a5d5c7e30621071bf8263149

There must be an enormous market for meth in Australia ....

Once it was estimated that LE were busting 10% of the illicit drugs - there has to be serious tonnage getting thru ...

There must be an enormous market for meth in Australia ....

Once it was estimated that LE were busting 10% of the illicit drugs - there has to be serious tonnage getting thru ...

Meth is big in Australia as you know because of profits and because users enjoy being PARANOID and catching bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.