• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Idiosyncratic/Unusual Responses to Cannabis

Yeah, I'm not joking, though. Smoking weed with mental disorders like that is kind of like playing Russian Roulette with your symptoms... with some people it's medicinal and calms and even alleviates symptoms altogether, but for others weed is just a catalyst that brings out the worst in people already affected by or predisposed to certain mental disorders.

So yeah, there's your serious answer, but if you're just a troll? Fuck you, troll. Take no offense if it doesn't apply, though.

dxm =/= weed.

Your brain/mind now =/= your brain/mind before you were diagnosed/when you could enjoy it.

I'm not diagnosed with anything, i would consider myself bipolar, but weed is tricky for me. Its like a psychedelic i have to respect & use in the right mindset/setting or its like what was said before, russian roulette. I can turn into an anxious paranoid freaked out mess, or get baked off my ass and enjoy it thoroughly. It's a gamble every time, but the odds are slightly tipped in my favor when i treat it like a psychedelic. IE, set and setting are everything. Never had to worry about that in my teenage years, but probably should have in retrospect.

Give it a good long break and try again when you feel the calling. Thats what i do when a classical psych doesn't rub me the right way, or beats a lesson into me unwillingly. Seems to work pretty well ime.

Edit- coming from someone who had a similar expirence with cannabis and letting the habit go on for far too long, don't keep smoking if its making you feel bad. Whats the point? Its like what carlin said, first its all pleasure & no pain, then as you keep abusing it eventually becomes all pain, no pleasure. At that point the rational mind should kick in and say, oh, shit, mabey i should stop taking this if its causing more long term harm than short term benefit. I wish i had figured that out sooner.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not joking, though. Smoking weed with mental disorders like that is kind of like playing Russian Roulette with your symptoms... with some people it's medicinal and calms and even alleviates symptoms altogether, but for others weed is just a catalyst that brings out the worst in people already affected by or predisposed to certain mental disorders.

So yeah, there's your serious answer, but if you're just a troll? Fuck you, troll. Take no offense if it doesn't apply, though.

Yay I 'm counted a troll na, but for real weed just brings the hulk out in me.

Looks like your biggest enemy is not reading between the lines.

You are diagnosed with multiple mental disorders, cannabis worsens the symptoms, and you can't figure out what the issue is?

I just wish for those days again but I'l never get them back. Meth you can suck it!

if weed does bad things to you then umm...just a hint but...try quit smoking? lol its not hard bruh

I just wish for those days again but I'l never get them back. Meth you can suck it!

You might eventually, just in the distant future. Be careful. You know yourself better than anyone else, and if you feel like weed's having a detrimental effect on your already existing issues then I think it's a pretty logical idea to just stop smoking for a while (potentially forever, if I'm being realistic).

I hear you on wishing you could experience those initial first highs, though... I think everyone feels that way, to be honest.

Only certain strains are helpful for certain conditions. You cant go buying any old street weed and expecting it to be cool with you if you have mental health issues.

The THC, CBD and other canibinoids within all vary, thus vastly having an effect on your experience.

my gut reaction is to close thread, but ill merge this thread into something that is similar i guess

Ya there's no telling whats in it today. I just have big gaps betweeen me smoking and I get so high that I go nuts. Its crazy lol

my gut reaction is to close thread, but ill merge this thread into something that is similar i guess

I actually thought "automatic close," too, but I actually think OP's serious so I acted accordingly. I almost went the sarcastic route but was like ehhhhhhhh maybe next time.

I get a horrible high... every time.

The first time I ever smoked was about 3 yrs ago, at my friends house whereas I was really nervous; when I smoked I went and sat down on his couch, my vision turned into a widescreen movie and I felt knives down my throat every time I swallowed. Also my mouth would get way to dry. I wouldn't feel good at all, almost to the point of throwing up. So after that experience I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that it was my paranoia/nervousness... Though I was wrong because I've been "attempting" to get actually get a high since then, with around 15 attempts (I honestly don't know). I think its a allergic reaction or a medical problem... I hope it's fixable, cause I really would like to experience great herb. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks.

I'm going to start saving links to all these threads and then post them every time someone asks a similar question lol (we get asked this a lot - like every day or every other day).

Last edited:
From experience I would guess that your condition is entirely psychological. I've experienced panic attacks as of late from smoking, perhaps you are experiencing something similar. Try checking your heart rate; if it's especially high then try breathing exercises while reassuring yourself that you're ok. Also try smoking tentatively in a safe environment, doing small hits (Indica would probably be better for this) with breaks inbetween to make sure you're ok. You may find that you can slowly get high while preventing the negative reaction. Good luck :)