• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs MDPV comedown soon, need some help.

i dont understand the general 'wisdom' of "buy a scale or die". i have been eyeballing the stuff ever since i first got it and never overdosed. how hard is it to rail a small amount and work your way up?
Aside from the fact that it's in the same advice category as "always smile at a child with cancer" and "always respect african-american preachers" -- it all depends on your sensitivity to the substance in question, as well as its potency.

Some who say a scale is absolutely necessary might be sensitive to its anxiety effects and panic on more than 5mg, while their next door neighbor is loading 75mg into a glass pipe to take down in one hit.

Others may be longtime RC'ers who swear by scales for RC's as absolutely necessary, just as long-time radio HAMS may swear by morse code.

Still others probably feel they could cause harm to people even by hinting you could get by without a scale, but I happen to disagree and believe that people are able to think for themselves. The bottom line, to me, is that 'consensus reality/agreement' is often helpful when taken as loosely-knit indicators or guidance, but never helpful as objective, absolute reality. Life is bottom line/ultimately subjective, and independence, self reliance and finding one's own way/learning by doing are absolutely crucial.

Depending on other's experiences even for the small stuff translates to mental laziness and automaticity, unawareness/naivety, outdated beliefs, false assumptions and living in/clinging to comforting illusions that bring pain and suffering along with them.

P.S. the above diatribe was brought to you by the letters P and V, and by the hour-number "49".

Last edited:
^^This post is probably the clearest example of why one should purchase a milligram scale for such drugs ;)

The scales are relatively cheap, and easily available online. Enough said.

^^This post is probably the clearest example of why one should purchase a milligram scale for such drugs ;)

The scales are relatively cheap, and easily available online. Enough said.
Yes, one should purchase a milligram scale -- I agree. And if someone doesn't and gets by OK anyway, then they're fine (the latter is obviously *not* advice and so no one can complain ;)).