Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA vs. GHB for a rave

CaptainCook

Greenlighter
Evening everyone,
I'm very familiar with the physiological mechanism of action for both of the substances in the title, and have had experience with both. Being the die hard EDM fan that I am, I like to go to raves and various festivals as most people like myself do. These days it seems like going to a rave NOT on some sort of psychedelic is like eating cookies without milk, just doesn't make any sense; although i'm sure there are people out there who go sober, i'm not one of them. A few months back and I rolled hard, went to a rave and had a sick time. I ended up taking a girl home who was on GHB instead of M, and this was the first time i've heard of anyone taking it recreationally. I really like MDMA but the Neurotoxicity doesn't really appeal to me, nor does the 5-HT refractory period; as it takes a while to get out of the shitter. What do you guys think about substituting one for the other ?

it's a completely different experience. ghb imho is like alcohol but with a more euphoria and less side effects.

Well to be honest, I think a small dose of GHB is a nice way to finish a roll.
If you take the GHB 4 hours after you dropped, your mdma high will slowly phase over into a GHB high. Also after 3 hours on GHB you will have a lovely sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.
Just don't overdo the GHB. Measure out your dose before you get high on mdma.
And by the way I think the neurotoxicity of MDMA is greatly exaggerated, this is probably because of the low quality of drugs sold as mdma in many parts of the world.

Well to be honest, I think a small dose of GHB is a nice way to finish a roll.
If you take the GHB 4 hours after you dropped, your mdma high will slowly phase over into a GHB high. Also after 3 hours on GHB you will have a lovely sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.
Just don't overdo the GHB. Measure out your dose before you get high on mdma.
And by the way I think the neurotoxicity of MDMA is greatly exaggerated, this is probably because of the low quality of drugs sold as mdma in many parts of the world.

Thanks for the reply augusta, and I completely agree with your final sentence. Its more so the hangover from the m that gets me the most. I've heard 2c-e would be a 'safer' alternative but I've never heard of it nor do I know anyone who's ever done it

Thanks for the reply augusta, and I completely agree with your final sentence. Its more so the hangover from the m that gets me the most. I've heard 2c-e would be a 'safer' alternative but I've never heard of it nor do I know anyone who's ever done it

The neurotoxicity becomes very apparent as you use it more. I didn't even really notice it until I had insanely high quality MDMA available to me so its not a quality issue. By neurotoxicity, I mean the full-blown brain zaps, panic attacks, etc. The depression pretty much always happened.

2C-E is not an MDMA substitute in any way. Its a very potent and very powerful phenethylamine hallucinogen. I wouldn't class it as an empathogen in the least unless the set and setting are absolutely perfect and even then its more like a powerful euphoria. 2C-E has a lot of negative side effects too - nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, feeling like you've got a mild flu when you're coming up - and it rivals LSD for duration and intensity.

Mmm why not both? GHB and MDMA is an awesome combination if you do it right.

Mmm why not both? GHB and MDMA is an awesome combination if you do it right.

Agreed. Many many very sexy times were had--and shared ;)--with this combo. It really helps the MDMA "performance" related issues that can otherwise get in the way of getting it on...

That being said, I also agree with the suggestion above of waiting until the second half of the roll to ingest the GHB. Mostly because, as good as the combo is, if you take the G too early it can muddy (or even dampen) the peak effects of the MDMA somewhat.

mdma, mda or 2c-b.

2cb by itself is not good enough. Honey flip. Sure thing. But when I dose 2cb alone. I feel like wow. I tripping balls but have a clear head. Just like disorientated and hallucinating but none of the empathogenic qualities I seek with mdma. Just my opinion

I didn't like the nausea that came with ghb, but maybe it would be different now.
It's nice being able to come home from the rave and sleep right away though and not have a comedown