• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MDMA use: less effects from DXM??

trogere

Bluelighter
Hello,

Here's something I posted on another board, without getting any answer. I'm hoping that with all the knowledgefull people posting on these boards I'll be able to get some answer.

" was reading some topic about 5-htp. It was said that using 5-htp might make DXM trips more intense because of higher level of serotonine in brain.

So, I was wondering... Back, in the days, I was using E somewhat regularly (2-3 times a week, I know, way too much...). And, when I was out of E, I decided to do DXM. On two times, I did 750mg of DXM from syrup, on a 170 lbs body. And, I have to say that these experiences haven't been really great ,or strong. Mostly body load and nausea, no dissociation, not really visual, ...
I was wondering if it's possible that the trips weren't strong because of the low levels of serotonine in my brain.

What do you think about this?? "

I don't know about the 5-HTP, but most likely your MDMA use has depleted the levels of endogenous serotonin in your brain. DXM is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, which prevents serotonin already in the brain from being metabolized. Therefore, the serotonergic effects of DXM are likely to be much less significant for you. Either that, or you have an abnormal Cytochrome P450 enzyme which metabolizes DXM too fast.

Do you think that one year without regular use of MDMA (with no MDMA use at all for over 6 months) would be enough to get some nice effects from DXM back?

Also, a couple weeks ago, I started using 5-HTP, around 100mg every day that I think to take it (so, every 2 days in average).

DXM is an experientially proven neurotoxin.
MDMA is a falsely accused neurotoxin.

Stop taking DXM unless you are desperate to get high.
Take MDMA as you see fit, if and when you want to.

It can take up to 6 months for DXM toxicity to clear up.

It should be. If not, then your body metabolizes DXM too fast.
Don't take 5-HTP and DXM at the exact same time, otherwise you would be risking serotonin syndrome. Wait a few hours after taking 5-HTP before taking DXM.

shvender_hoot, thank you for telling me about the possibility of serotonin syndrom.

5-HT (5-hydroxy-tryptamine; serotonin) syndrome is another, poorly defined drug-naive scientist hypothesis / urban myth.

It's when you are sitting down and shaking your legs up and down involuntarily in a periodic fasion.

5-HTP is an AMINO ACID.

Do a search for the term, "amino acid," @ en.wikipedia.org for mo' 411 bro! yo.

Serotonin syndrome is caused by increased serotonin in the central nervous system. which results in some nasty effects on the mind and body.

Just to add in serotoning syndrome (probably) won't kill you, but it will fuck you the FUCK up. From what I've heard, imagine being high on DXM (in a bad way) constantly. Ugh.

<3 DXM!