• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDMA Use for Years -- Effects?

goinginfected

Greenlighter
I have used mdma on and off for since I was about 16 years old, rolled for the first time at age 15 and I am now 19 years old. There has definitely been some times in my life when I have rolled more than others, and I seem to have found myself using it a lot more frequently now again, for example I've rolled the last two weekends in a row.

All throughout 2015 I did coke semi-frequently and primarily drank alcohol. Coke started to show its evil side of taking all of my money and making me fight with my friends for essentially nothing in return while also becoming increasingly hard on my body. So this year I decided to scale back almost entirely on cocaine, but rolling now seems to have come back into my main drug of choice. I've done it probably twice per month so far in 2016 but I've also realized this is probably even less healthy than the coke habit.

I wish I had never been introduced to drugs like that so young but I'm in the situation I'm in now. I haven't noticed any serious negative effects aside from motivational issues in life, but I don't expect that to last at the rate I have been going these last few years.

I've decided now to give myself at LEAST a month before each roll for my own brain health, if I can kick a coke habit I can kick this right? I still enjoy getting fucked up but realize this is far from sustainable if I want to live a normal functioning life, and want to severely cut back or stop completely. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge about how frequent drug use particularly mdma has affected them over an extended few years, particularly if you started as young as I did? Either way the damage has been done, so any tips on health and safety moving forward would be appreciated as well. :)

I've rolled 7 times over the past 26 months and I've experienced no negative effects whatsoever(started at eighteen). I space it out 1 month absolute minimum and try to keep it to 3-4 times a year. Feel like it is a drug that would lose the magic very quickly and Im trying to avoid that. Keep it as infrequent as possible, otherwise you will get used to the effects and ruin it for yourself. On top of frying your serotonin system. MDMA can create hell when abused, plenty of threads on here regarding that. Be safe man.

Last edited:
If you're looking for substitutes, try K or GHB. Very different effects from MDMA but still a good time if they're dosed correctly and u have tested product.

Gosh, I was 18 when I first tried MDMA and it was amazing. But I started doing it waaay to often and it resulted in depression. I lost a lot of people, even my willingness to live. Doing it with weed just made it worse. Every time I smoked weed the same bad thoughts came to my mind and it felt like I was in complete darkness. However, my friend didn't experience it like this. It just didn't bother him at all. I guess some people are more susceptible to depressive states and such. Oh, I forgot to mention, I also have panic attacks very regularly and although I've been managing quite well with the depression, the panic attacks are just terrible to deal with.

I suggest you to do a big break from every substance you're taking. I've been off MDMA for a year, and I'm still battling the negative sides. Give your head a break. It really needs it especially if you are quarreling with friends over nothing. This should be your alert.

Hope I've been helpful :)

You can take MDMA every weekend or every six months, but after you get up to a low couple o hundred MDMA sessions (either way), you will lose the ability to satisfactorily roll. You can tell you've reached this sorry state of affairs when a goodly dose of MDMA no longer dilates your pupils.

1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

MDMA aka ECSTASY, The 'Love Drug.'

In my experience, this MDMA tolerance is only *partially* reversed, at best, by years and years of abstinence from the drug.