• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

i think most of what you?re seeing is normal and shouldn?t bother you. You are grasping to find issues - I think for ppl with HPPD it?s extremely obvious. For the floaters - are they static blobs (as if you were looking st dna under a microscope or something) or is it little flickers of light that dart around quickly?
When I look at the sky I think I see lights moving around (not white lights) so I?m guessing they are floaters too but I see the dna ones as well.. funny you mention it I was looking through a microscope for class yesterday and could see them while looking at slides lol

when looking at sky, gray or blue, you sometimes see darting lights that?s normal
My worry about the floaters tho is I want to start taking lexapro and what if they floaters are a sign of hppd.. I?m just not sure what to do I do not want to take an antidepressant if it means developing hppd..

Stupidk you're having some "Worrying - obsessive" disorder.

The symptoms you explain aren't making your life harder, but obsessing over them does.

My floaters are horrendous I see them pretty much all the time, don't need to look at light surfaces to see them. Once you have them that's it pretty much, you just need to get used to them. I'm still struggling with that part. It's worth noting as well that it's not always possible to see the floaters in eye examinations. The floater might be really small but if it's at the back of the eye close to the retina it will look a lot bigger than it actually is in your eyesight but be very hard for the doctor to see it. My eye doctor couldn't see mine but they are really big so must be right in front of the retina. It's wank. I don't think floaters are a sign of hppd, they are a nightmare but I wouldn't worry about them developing into hppd.

I've seen several ppl talk about starting antidepressants while in their LTC. Do not use any that have any effect on serotonin! I cannot emphasize this enough! All these synthetic concoctions sold by a pharmacy will ultimately deplete your serotonin over time. Use natural options that don't artificially stimulate serotonin to aid with depression, balancing the other big three neurotransmitters has very much helped me with better focus, less anxiety, and more, I highly recommend this for at least the duration of your depression.

@dany657 what has worked for you naturally? I've tried a few things and the only one I've found to work really is exercise. I think anti depressants in the short term is probably not a good idea, but for us who are around a year or more in we will probably be left with these symptoms, or at least to a lesser degree now for the rest of our lives. Then I believe anti depressants could be the answer. I've read a successful treatment on them can take years. What is a reasonable time from for this shit to go away cos I'm absolutely rock bottom.

Also, been taking melatonin 3-6mg , valerian root 500mg, 100mg L-theanine, 333mg of Magnesium at a consistent bed time. But no change :/

I use mainly amino acids to keep the other three big three neurotransmitters(Dopamine, Acetylcholine, & GABA) more balanced. Serotonin precursors may offer short term relief but I really can't say I've noticed any lasting benefit to this ltc from it. Plus it's not a great choice since it will deplete your catecholamines. Now what supplements and in what dosages do I recommend for someone? That's going to vary by individual, Dr. Eric Braverman developed a test that's considered comprehensive for identifying neurotransmitter deficiencies and dominance at www.bravermantest.com . Take that, it'll take about 15 minutes and then we'll have a better idea how much of each neurotransmitter booster you'll need. You will have to experiment a little with dosage and time you take them, if someone asks I'll share my routine for these precursors

Here are the best precursors for the other three:
Dopamine(Sam-e). L-DOPA or L-tyrosine will only deplete your serotonin stores more
GABA(L-Glutamine or L-Taurine). Don't waste your money on GABA supplements as they can't cross the blood brain barrier
Acetylcholine(low dose Alpha-GPC). I'd only take this after you've tried the other two since this excitatory neurotransmitter boost will likely affect serotonin similar to l-tyrosine. Personally I've found acetylcholine to affect my mood the least of the big four and since I'm not all that deficient in it like the other three, rarely use it

A word on melatonin since someone just brought it up, if you have brain zaps DO NOT USE THIS. I would assume this includes head pressure as well since in my experience the intensity seems to correlate. It will make your head feel like needles are piercing through it for several hours. All around not worth it.

Here are the best precursors for the other three:
Dopamine(Sam-e). L-DOPA or L-tyrosine will only deplete your serotonin stores more

Do you have some further information or source on this? More specifically, I've used Mucuna Pruriens (which has natural L-dopa) occasionally in the last years and I really liked it as it felt like a nice daily mood enhancer with a pleasant effect that suits me well (kind of like a very softcore version of MDMA). But is it somehow depleting my serotonin then and thus a bad idea if using MDMA occasionally?

@Andon Sure, check out the first paragraph on the third page http://www.healthpromoting.com/sites/default/files/Parkinson's brochure 9-2014-2.pdf . Occasional won't cause a significant decrease in serotonin, it just should be avoided all together for someone in an Ltc since our serotonin supply is already scarce. Since you're still using mdma I'm assuming you're not in an ltc, so yes you can use it on occasion. I'd just be sure to give it at least three(preferably more) days before you roll so you have enough serotonin to experience the magic at it's best.

@Andon Sure, check out the first paragraph on the third page http://www.healthpromoting.com/sites/default/files/Parkinson's brochure 9-2014-2.pdf . Occasional won't cause a significant decrease in serotonin, it just should be avoided all together for someone in an Ltc since our serotonin supply is already scarce. Since you're still using mdma I'm assuming you're not in an ltc, so yes you can use it on occasion. I'd just be sure to give it at least three(preferably more) days before you roll so you have enough serotonin to experience the magic at it's best.

Ok thanks for clarification on how these relate, so basically I should be fine to order some more mucuna and then use everything in moderation on a yearly basis (I think mucuna is kind of supposed to be cycled anyway and not like every day all year). And I'm not having (or had) an LTC, I just had kind of an old-school minor depression since I probably depleted my serotonin a bit too much during the summer. I'd say I'm over it now, just have to be conscious about my choices and my brain.

Alright, so...

Looks like people with anxiety and cognitive impairment have 135% higher chance of developing Alzheimer.

From today I'll eat only once a day, only fish, meat and greens.

After I drop to 10% bodyfat and not feeling better I'll do some testosterone enathate

MDMA LTC Head pressure

I am going through an LTC, and I have horrible crippling head pressure/lightheadedness/dizziness. The pressure causes almost a confused/?burning? feeling in my brain and it?s driving me mad. My LTC has been 5 months but the head pressure came after about a month.

thanks in advance.

@ZeroLuck I recall you taking the Braverman test, have you continued to take the supplements to rectify the neurotransmitter deficiencies you have?

@ZeroLuck I recall you taking the Braverman test, have you continued to take the supplements to rectify the neurotransmitter deficiencies you have?

Not really, I've felt like obsessing over supplements and decided to stop. It's horrible to question yourself everyday what works and what doesn't, while taking 10+ things :0

Hey guys. So 2 years ago Swim did acid and got really bad anxiety/DP/DR. Took about 6 months for it to really go away so Swim was fine. Took molly about a week ago and now experiences the same symptoms that they did with acid. Very foggy headed, anxiety, seems likes surroundings are unfamiliar, time is slowed/hard to know what days are which. Anyway, Swim is freaking out again just like they did 2 years ago wondering why this happens. It seems the DP/DR went away without them even noticing after the cid and hopes for the same this time. Swim just wants to get back to normal again. Help? Same recovery period as last time?