• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

MDMA doesn't work for me anymore....what gives?

It's working for the new kids on the block...

Hopefully for two old kids this weekend too....

The agency says that in the 1990s and 2000s the average MDMA content of tablets was between 50-80mg; now average purity is closer to 125mg, while some “super-pills” are available in some countries with a reported range of 270-340mg.

They're doing it wrong. Quite unprecedented for journalists, I must say.

EDIT: I read another article on the website ('People will use harder drugs': legal high users on the impact of law changes) and I saw this:

“This law will make people stockpile substances. Otherwise the only alternative is to buy them over the internet from abroad, which is potentially illegal. Not being able to use smart drugs will impact on my social functioning. While not suitable for a work scenario, MDMA may emerge as a contender to replace Noopept in social contexts.” Tim, 34, London

I'd never heard of Noopept but, after a very short search, I can't understand why MDMA would be used as a replacement. It seems like it would be akin to using a howitzer to hunt a squirrel.

Last edited:
^ Ha! I saw that comment too and thought much the same - can just imagine how that replacement would work out :D

Once could take your situation as a gift and a curse I guess.

Little from column A, little from column B I suppose. Mainly column B though tbh :!

Although not these days - the very definition of moderation in all things now, me. My definition of moderation in all things anyway, probably not the Daily Mail's.

DP Shambles - minus 5 points! - it's the tech luddite sitting here that should be leaving a mess like that not my computer literate colleagues who I look too to avoid such things =D

Doh! According to resident techwiz Julie, the double-post thing is apparently something to do with my OS so I'm blaming Linus and sticking to it ;)

Doh! According to resident techwiz Julie, the double-post thing is apparently something to do with my OS so I'm blaming Linus and sticking to it ;)

And it serves you right for having such a clever OS while the primary school computer students among us are stuck with things like Windows. Children from 5 and older need to 'operate' their computer systems too and Microsoft have a good monopoly amongst such 'edutainment' type toys.

*cough* You blamed your connection last time *cough* =D

As Sadie can attest to; my connection is so ridiculously unreliable that only one input to a phone call is in any way clear, the other a mess of static and silence. 8)

I still do blame my connection but apparently I blame it wrongly. Alternatively I totally misunderstood what was said to me. Or it wasn't said at all and I imagined it. All of these are very real possibilities :eek:

The magical component of MDMA has always mystified me. It seems to defy both concepts of tolerance and quality of MDMA in the pill. Seems, just sometimes they work really well and other times they don't. At least, in my experience...

I once had a year break, and took a ridiculously strong pill and all it did was give the effects OP described "feels like being sober but with massive pupils" my friend however on the same pill - was legless, rubbing himself over shouting "this is orgasmic" whilst unable to see anything other than the colour purple... and had to be dragged away into the car he was making such a scene.

Strange stuff...
Reading about your mate's good time has made me smile too much not to say something. I'm so jealous, and I can't stop laughing at the same time. Fair lay to him.

I've been doing pills since 2002 and I've never lost the magic. I do wonder if the whole thing is more just a combination of tolerance and rose tinted glasses.

Either way, some people talk about piracetam 'bringing the magic back'. I've got no idea if it works or not (even though I've used them together; like I say, I never lost the magic).

I'd suggest laying off them for a long time. MDMA is special and pinnacle to empathogenics in the same way that DMT and acid are to psychedelics.

I just do it a few times a year these days, if that, and all remains well. I did used to do it weekly for a good few years.