• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and epilepsy

xkrowcitats

Bluelighter
So I am going to be rolling tomorrow night with a few friends. Everyone but one girl is experienced with X. She has mild epilepsy though. She is currently taking a med called Keppra to treat the epilepsy. I was just wondering if there is anything to worry about by letting her roll. I dont know much about this medication and I cannot find much on the internet that describes if there are any side effects with MDMA. Basically I just wanna know is there any risk of side effects with the Keppra or with her having mild epilepsy in general?

Thanks.

MDMA can trigger seizures i believe
i wouldnt advise her taking ecstasy

Hi, my girlfreind had epilspsy to and we were worried but she is fine. we go out and do pills and cocaine once a month and she has never had a fit from it.

She has medication but what we do is make sure we have a healthy meal before we go out, make sure she takes her medicaton before we go out (because sometimes she misses it) and not to get to sleep deprived, meaning we dont stay awake for more than 24 hours. we go to the club then chill ut and be home for about 5-6am

We also went to ibiza in the summer and did a weeks worth of pilling, i got worried but she didnt fit so i dont think it has an effect

Dont take my word for it because there ae different types of epilepsy and i wouldnt want anything to happen to your freind.

My advice is, dont go to mad, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep

I Dunno, the fact that she has to take medication for it flows up a few red flags..

Although I know two geezers with epilepsy who have dropped quite af ew times with seemingly no problems, but that in no way means it safe. Just that they got away with it.

There's some epileptic people who go into seizures when taking MDMA and there's others that are completely fine. I'd make it clear to her that there is a risk and then leave it up to her to decide. If she does decide to do it, start out with a small dose and gradually build up depending on how she reacts to the drug. Be very watchful of her the entire time and be mindful of how she's feeling; if she chooses to do it.

I have non-epileptic conversion seizures and have never had MDMA (or any other psychedelic drug) trigger a fit. Of course everybody's different though.

The most important thing to understand is that everyone is different and hence nobody can say with any certainty in your case.

I would strongly urge you to be very very cautious. My neices have epilepsy and I have councelled them not to use because the risks are not worth it.

Check out the Directory for further discussion about epilepsy and mdma http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=301696

my advice is to tell her to ask her doctor.

docs are bound to the "doctor patient priviledge" thing, so the doc won't go telling the cops you're taking illegal drugs!!

although the doc will of course likely say nobody should take pills, a good doc will tell you straight up whether it is an unacceptable risk for your condition or not.

if you don't feel comfortable about telling your doc because of what they might think of you - think about this.... would you prefer to be embarrased or dead?

UPDATE:

She ended up canceling at the last minute so no worries for now. She still wants to do it something though. Thanks for all the answers guys. Now then does anyone know more information about the medication shes taking? I read the side effects of it and it kinda seems like it has some qualities of antidepressants.

Thanks again. I love you guys. I can always count on good ol' bluelight for some decent info :D

anything that have catecholaminergic & indolaminergic proporties may lower the seizure threshold even when on antiepileptics. your friend better be careful and should learn some harm reduction imo. if she has epilepsy and using anticonvulsant then this means her disorder needs to be taken under control. theres a reason why they prescribed keppra to her right?:)

FUCK KEPPRA......

I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I have never had the convulsion variety of a seizure but apparently my brain is a little bit fucked up as far as its electrical activity is concerned... I zone out and come back to reality apparently multiple times a day... I ended up totaling a car and getting an EEG...

I was prescribed keprra, took it for almost 2 weeks before stopping it.... It made me tired, irritable, and generally an asshole.... Yea i might not wreck my car from zoning out but thats not going to be a real big concern when im on someones ass going 90 miles an hour because they cut me off while trying not to pass out at the wheel....

I stopped because it was getting to the point where i was about to double my daily dose... i couldnt handle that.... And wasn't looking forward to the potential bizarre hallucinations, well i kind of wanted to see what they meant by bizarre....

i have been without medication for months....

but i know most stimulants will lower the seizure threshold.... be careful with her taking them... learn how to handle a seizure... it could save someones life at some point or another... i have had to deal with it more than once in my life....

caution

i have epilepsy, i have rolled many times, i went out tho 2 nights in a row, no sleeping and then rolled, ended up in the hospital, in my case its just a matter of getting home by 5ish, and decompressing asap. everyone else in this forum seems to be on the ball with it, just approach with caution, be ready for anything, and just know what to do should anything go wrong! :)

I have a history of epilepsy (one episode about 40 years ago), but have had two severe and several mild seizures when combining mdma with cannabis and poppers.

I have had epilepsy since i was 16, and have rolled the whole time, with no seriously negative results. What i have found to be an issue, though, was the purity of what i was taking. When i was taking pressies that were cut with other things, it seemed to be a bit more of a problem, and i noticed slight absance ticks. But when it comes to pure molly, i have never really had issues as long as i take my pills and make sure to get some sleep

Hey, im currently on keepra as well and i have rolled before, its definatly not something thats a good thing thats for sure but, i have grand mall seizures & i was perfectly okay but, that doesnt mean everytime i roll that things will go that smoothly so i do always keep caution & make sure i do eat, & take my meds properly also watch the doses everytime just incase...Your friend should be fine if she ever wants to do it sometime in the future just make sure she does take those precautions and not to get carried away thinking she doesnt need to watch everytime she rolls

i wouldn't, i know a girl who rolled (she took way too many pills though) and had crazy siezures with no history of epilepsy, so i guess if she doesn't take too many itll be fine but just keep that in mind.

ok first of all i have Epilepsy and i used to take Keppra but tell her she needs to get off that garbage its terrible i was prescribed Marijuana for my Seiazures and it works like a charm..
that being said i have taken ecstasy before and i did not experience any seizures while on it and if she is still scared and she likes Herb tell her to smoke a couple bowls while rolling just in case and itll add onto her high ive never tried weed with E tho.

Thiers something about the conflicting effects that i dont wanna find out first hand Downer + upper = high neutralized? lol

naw that wont happen but if its anything like when i mixed weed with meth it will be fucking Insane. i was so high the only way to describe it is "Fucked up" rofl

pills and epilepsy

I am hoping that some one reads this. I am 28 years old now and through ages 19-22 I went to a lot of raves, and special "parties" so I was rolling maybe 5-6 times a month and that was some crazy memories I made and I thought it was some of the best memories of my life with all the women and traveling. When I stopped doing E I started noticing these little spells I had that lasted about 10-15 seconds almost like a pill when it first kicks in, while getting a felling of deja vu and a little tingle in my body. It was hard to hide these spells from surrounding people but I learned how to just hide it from people since I would some times have 10-12 of these episodes a day and sometimes only 1-2 a week, so they were very sporadic. I kind of enjoyed these episodes because they did feel kind of good..a few years forward, and I am 25 now and at work when one of my episodes comes up, and I am thinking nothing of it and start going through it and notice it is a stronger feeling of europhoria, and next thing I know I am waking up looking inside of an ambulance, where the e.m.t.'s tell me I just had a grand mal seizure, and later I got diagnosed with generalized myclonic epilepsy and find out all of those little spells I had were seizures too. I lost my license twice, take meds that mess up my head and memory, and had altered the rest of my life. I found out that I had developed epilepsy because of the "rolls" I had taked for those few years. If I could go back I would not take them again since now I see how many other people that I knew had developed epilepsy also, please if you are taking them stop because I will tell you its not worth what it does to the rest of your life, but if you are anything like I was you will just read this and disregard it while saying "that won't happen to me because________". you go ahead and fill in the blank if you feel that lucky.....