• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & amlodipine (norvasc)

moostymoo

Greenlighter
I'm an experienced casual user of MDMA. 21 years old, 5'9" male, 163 lbs.
I've dropped roughly 10 times over 5 years and never roll without having rested for at least 2 months.

I've recently been put on a course of 10mg amlodipine for essential (no known cause) high blood pressure but I'm booked in to go to a festival for my birthday on May 31st.

My question is if there are any known interactions between the norvasc and mdma. I know that whilst the mdma will raise my blood pressure the norvasc will lower it. I feel safe in my experience that if I take one bomb of about 100mg for the main event as a one off with no redose I can comfortably deal with the fluctuation in blood pressure.
However my main concern is if there will be any interactions between the two? Has anybody got any knowledge around this? Or even better personal experience ?

Thanks in advance.

I would be very cautious with this combo. It's not a beta blocker but is classified as a calcium channel blocker. Beta blockers can be deadly when mix with mdma. I don't know for sure about your meds but knowing it's a cardiovascular med and the interaction beta blockers have with mdma...I would stay far away.

To be honest, I believe you'd be OKAY. I''ve often taken 10mg of amlodipine whilst coming down from mdma or other stims to help lower blood pressure. But if you want to be extra careful, perhaps just take 5mg or even skip your dose as a one-off if you're worried about interaction, and perhaps just do a modest dose of mdma such as a half pill.