• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(MDMA / 160mg) - Experienced - ἀγάπη (Love Story 1)

yardbirdrc

Bluelighter
Date: April 26, 2014
Time: 9:30pm - 2:00am
Drug: MDMA, Opium (T+3:30), Oxycodone (T+4:00)
Dose: 160mg, ~100mg, 2.5mg

It was Kyle's last weekend in Pittsburgh before heading to Austin for a month on business, so it was a time of celebration and lamentation. I had spent a week in Austin the previous month and fallen deeply in love with the city, so I was very excited for Kyle to get to experience what I hope might someday be my (or our) new home. He was eager to travel, and to reunite with his lover and coworker Ruari who had been in the 512 for the past 2 weeks helping to re-establish a failing field office for the non-profit they both worked for. Still, he'd be leaving an unfillable hole behind him in the 412 for the weeks that he was to be away.

Kyle and I met up around 5pm that day so that he could pick up some 2C-B that he had left at my house, and I was somewhat distracted working across several computers trying to come up with a whole-home audio solution for the house we'd be moving into in July. His plan was to drop 35mg of the powder after dinner and I felt mildly pressured to do the same given the nature of the weekend. I hadn't been feeling particularly receptive to psychedelic experiencs, though, so I remained indecisive. Kyle departed for dinner and I weighed out two 25mg of 2C-B for myself and Sam in case we felt like taking them later on.

After kicking around my house for a little bit, I decided that MDMA really sounded good, and I texted Kyle that I'd decided to roll rather than trip. He texted back asking me to weigh him out a moderate cap of MDMA so that he could honeyflip (his oft-stated favorite combo), and I obliged. I poured out a bunch of moonpebbles and dropped two choice ~110mg rocks into two gelcaps, and crushed another such rock into a third gelcap for nasal re-upping later on. These caps went into an empty pack of Marlboro 72's with a vial of etizolam pills in case things got hairy. Pretty hard to imagine that happening with good MDMA but better safe than sorry.

Sam and I met up with Kyle and Robin around 7:30 right after he had dropped his 2C-B and we began our stroll through Lawrenceville on the way to "Art All Night!" - a visual arts sale/display that ran from 4pm on Saturday to 2pm on Sunday. We figured this would be a good place to start the evening and we were right. The four of us wandered throughout the huge warehouse looking at various art for about an hour, keeping an eye out for anything that might look good on our new walls.

We left for some food, and found ourselves back at Kyle's around 9:30 trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the night. Meg, Pat and Jamie were bound for Art All Night later in the evening, there was a rave that we had been made aware of on the other side of the city, and on our walk back through Lawrenceville a DJ in an empty cafe had given us 4 tickets to something called "Legalize PA" - some sort of smoked out music event and presumed honeycomb for white kids with dreadlocks. Either way, we dropped our MDMA with a bunch of water.

Kyle, being at the peak of 2C-B activity, was relatively apathetic to our plans and after some discussion it was decided that we'd return to Art All Night. By the time we found ourselves at the gates we were coming up on the roll and we paused to watch some street performers. Robin had a drawing in her car that she wished to place in their hat, so Kyle and I split from the ladies and made our way into the warehouse. The feeling of friendship was strong, and growing as the pills took effect. We soon found ourselves de-shoed and sitting inside a crowded astro-turfed tent area making easy small talk with strangers. As the MDMA escalated we decided to wait in line for beer, and reunited with Robin and Sam around this time. Art All Night was a much more vibrant scene later in the evening, and we gleefully meandered around paintings until the desire to do more MDMA became overwhelming.

We exited the venue and cut the remaining 100mg of powder into two lines on my phone under the 40th street bridge. After Kyle and I imbibed we lit cigarettes and words of love and appreciation began flowing from our mouths like three quarters of a million fruit bats departing from a bridge. Boom, nystagmus. If I ever lose MDMA's magic there will be a period of great mourning. When combined with an already very strong bond it's like some kind of spiritual orgasm.

We re-entered and found that the rest of our group had arrived. For about 15 minutes after the second blast I was feeling a little uneasy and wobbly. Hot and cold flashes eventually rendered my skin numb from confusion, and somehow I hit a plateau and resumed comfort back in the astro turf tent. Within its confines we had found a room full of blacklights and face paint, and so Kyle and I painted each other and then both painted Jamie. The three of us were soon to be co-habitants so the experience in the tent felt like an important preface. On Kyle's forehead I put a question mark, and on Jamie's an exclamation point.

"I love you Jamie, I got your back on whatever man."

"I know dude, you tell me that every time you take molly."

A drum line began working it's way through the warehouse followed by a huge conga line, and after several minutes of wild jungle dancing we departed for a cigarette. Kyle and I shared some appreciative words and eventually decided that we should venture forth into the city with my apartment as a final destination.

After stopping at Kyle's briefly we found ourselves at my house. The MDMA was winding down and we basked in some music. I decided to roll a cigarette up with some opium, as Kyle is the only friend I have who can also appreciate that class of drugs and without him I probably wouldn't be taking any for the following month. The opium in particular held strong associations with our friendship because we had acquired it as a joint effort and used it together several times. After two opium-laden cigarettes that burned rather poorly we weren't really feeling the opiate vibe much, so we decided to snort a small quantity of oxycodone to put the MDMA comedown to rest. It was about 1am at this point, but considering this was our last night of partying for a while there was devil-may-care in the air.

I split a small 5mg pill into two lines and we put the powder in our nose. This was my first time insufflating this compound, or any opiate for that matter. It was a very smooth snort, I was pleased to find this as I was used to MDMA and 2C-X's. Within a half hour of feeling the oxy droop our eyelids and slow our speech, Kyle decided to depart and Sam and I were left alone. She quickly fell asleep and I sat down to do some reading.

The oxycodone developed very nicely over the next hour or so before I eventually fell asleep. Not overwhelming at all, but quite pleasant as always. The physical coziness wiped away all trace of the MDMA that had just recently been coursing through my veins. There was a mild euphoria. I felt extremely content as I read, and found reading to be very easy under its influence. While I sometimes get distracted reading and find myself re-reading sentences that I hadn't absorbed, with the oxy I found that this never happened. Every once in a while I would stop reading and take stock of the drug's interaction on my body. I wanted to make sure everything felt safe, because I realized after the fact that perhaps mixing a stimulant like MDMA and a depressive drug like oxycodone was not the wisest move, although the dose for the oxy was extremely low and the MDMA had long since run its course. Sitting there, focused on the sensations, I fancied myself engulfed in feathers that had just spent an hour in a tumble-dryer. The nasal route certainly feels much stronger and fuller than an equivalent oral dose - even double the dose orally.

I blissfully fell asleep somewhere between 3 and 4 in the morning, and woke the next day without much of a hangover. Gotta love that.

And this list goes on, again and again, but these are the people that we call friends.