View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA 12 hours after 3-MeO-PCP safe?

Na'vi

Bluelighter
Quick question! Just over 12 hours ago I snorted ~20mg 3-MeO-PCP, just now I dropped an MDMA pill. Suddenly thought I better google it and mixed results have come up regarding the safety of the two.. Effects of PCP have almost entirely dissipated, should I vomit up the pill in case? Anyone had experience dosing these two within similar time frames? Hope I'm worrying over nothing :)

Quick question! Just over 12 hours ago I snorted ~20mg 3-MeO-PCP, just now I dropped an MDMA pill. Suddenly thought I better google it and mixed results have come up regarding the safety of the two.. Effects of PCP have almost entirely dissipated, should I vomit up the pill in case? Anyone had experience dosing these two within similar time frames? Hope I'm worrying over nothing :)

you probably having a roll so m Much better than ever. I've done MDMA on the tail end of another nmda antagonist everyone says never to mix. and i've done said drug on the comedown of mdma and it was the best drug experience of my life either time. I think low VERY C0NSERVATIVE DOSES are not a a problem.

its when you have dumbasses taking 200mg of mdma plus 50 mg of 3 meo or 100 mg mxe with it that you get a bad rap.

60mg of mdma 8 hours after mxe was one of the best rolls of my life.

Next time always research combo's before taking them :\

Compounds like 3-MeO-PCP act a long time and stay in your body even longer, many hours if not days really.

It's not really safe or recommended since some dissociatives like this one block SERT (serotonin transporters) causing reuptake inhibition of synaptic serotonin. This will potentiate the effects of SRA's and empathogens with effect profiles including those, like MDMA and other rolly drugs. It is not safe, actually I think it's what killed the MDAI + MXE lethality person.

The danger is not that it is an NMDA antagonist LucidSdreamr, something like ketamine is relatively safe to combine with empathogens for example.

Thanks for the replies, all turned out well (although I feel rougher than usual today, not sure if that's related). I'm usually more careful, I'd actually forgotten about the PCP as discernible effects had worn off and then I went to a party. Lesson learned though haha!

Perhaps this should be added to the dangerous combinations thread? If I recall correctly, it does state not to combine serotonin re uptake inhibitors with serotonin releasing agents, but 3-meo-pcp isn't specifically mentioned as belonging to that category.

An afterthought: It's now 10pm the following night, almost 24 hours since the MD and 36 since the PCP. My phone died not long after posting so I didn't get a chance to see any replies last night but after feeling fine post-MD one thing lead to another and I ended up taking M-Cat as well. It was reckless and I'm not proud of it but it was just one of those nights where everything got carried away.

Luckily no adverse effects have been noticed aside from a savage comedown - can I assume that I'm in the clear or could symptoms potentially still manifest? I haven't slept yet, I definitely need to but I'm a bit worried. I imagine it's because I'm over-tired and not thinking straight, thought I'd ask anyway though to put my mind at ease. Hope that makes sense haha

Last edited:
If you were concerned you wouldn't have done the m-cat ontop. You're scattered and paranoid.
Until next weekend...

I wasn't so concerned at the time as I felt fine, it was only after reading the replies in here the following afternoon. Either way I had a good sleep and still feel fine - I count myself both lucky and stupid haha.

It's not really safe or recommended since some dissociatives like this one block SERT (serotonin transporters) causing reuptake inhibition of synaptic serotonin. This will potentiate the effects of SRA's and empathogens with effect profiles including those, like MDMA and other rolly drugs. It is not safe, actually I think it's what killed the MDAI + MXE lethality person.

Actually I think what killed him was IV use of 200mg MXE and 400mg MDAI, both massive overdoses on their own!

Personally I would have no problem with this combination, even taken together. I would be most concerned that the SERT activity of the dissociative might partially block the serotonin releasing agent. In moderation I think there is little to worry about here.

Fair enough, but isn't there still some 'middle ground' one also ought to avoid? Unpredictable dyssynergy and further consequences aren't exactly something I would encourage, considering chronically building up damage is also something we want to avoid and set up HR for.
Curiously, MXE doses I am finding quoted that were involved with killing that person vary wildly: 50, 60 (according to Atara), 100 mg (found this number repeatedly) ... are they different estimates based on post-mortem blood levels? 60 mg does not sound like an overdose in its own right... especially not with tolerance. I've easily IMed amounts in that order of magnitude and found no problems at all. That was without combining it... at other times I have taken more modest dosages of MXE in some moderately dubious combinations (still definitely not the red alert ones), and felt very off...

It's hard to really make substantial claims here but I do have a feeling that it may take a sensitive person and an unfortunate combination of one of these dissociatives with secondary reuptake inhibition actions with serotonergic agents, to lead to incidents... even if it does not prove lethal IMO just do your best to avoid mixing them closely together, seriously, just plan your drug regimen more wisely.

Yes, I think caution is advisable but not more than any other new combo. I was under the impression that both doses were very high but I didn't recall the exact numbers. To my knowledge nobody has ever seen a report on the death.

I have taken MXE on the tail of MDMA and loved it.
In conclusion we can both agree on it being "hard to really make substantial claims" haha!

Last edited:
I'm about to take about 5 mg of 3meopcp and combine it with about 50mg MDMA today. I'll let yall know if theres any adverse effects :)

11 hours later edit: no side were effects noticable, but I dosed 70mg MDMA probably about 5 hours after the 3meopcp

Last edited by a moderator: