View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mCPP a usefull psychedelic?

Memantine

Bluelighter
I know it is an anxiogenic, dysphoric drug that causes migraine but does it do something positive in the long term such as down-regulation of 5-HT2C and 5-HT2A receptors?

Anyone with experience?

mCPP is the main metabolite of trazodone, an antidepressant I took for quite a while. I never experiences anything remotely psychedelic from it.

I don't think there is any research into its health benefits. The piperazines disappeared for fair reason.

I've tried it a couple of times and there's nothing psychedelic about it at all. My vision was slightly altered but not in a psychedelic way, and it wasn't anything resembling mind-expanding. Really dirty drug.

mCPP is the main metabolite of trazodone, an antidepressant I took for quite a while. I never experiences anything remotely psychedelic from it.

That's probably because trazodone itself is a 5-HT2A antagonist.

I've tried it a couple of times and there's nothing psychedelic about it at all. My vision was slightly altered but not in a psychedelic way, and it wasn't anything resembling mind-expanding. Really dirty drug.

Was it a high dose? I've read low doses are more MDMA like(for some people) and higher doses are more psychedelic.

No, the first one was a fairly low dose, and the second was in the middle of the recommended range (I forget what the dose was now, only that I chose one based on that. This was like 8 or 9 years ago).

It's worth realizing that it might not be noticeably dirty at very low doses and have useful effects as anti-psychotic or anti-depressant, that might be the therapeutic range while recreational dosage is in a sense overdosing and the dirty side-effects not surprising in that perspective.

A roommate of mine once took my mCPP against my advice, I think I had 60 mg pills that I never tried myself (I only tried BZP plain)... he had a pretty terrible time.

Yeah, piperazines feel super dirty. Worst chemical I've ever tried. I don't know what the dose was, but it felt like hell for over 12 hours.

The good thing is that it only takes an extra day or two to feel better. :)

I don't think there is any research into its health benefits.

Believe it or not, but there actually is (at least in lab rodents). Apparently mCPP is not just an appetite suppressant, but is actually capable of somehow decreasing insulin resistance (i.e. reversing Type II diabetes) through some sort of 5ht2c-related signaling mechanism.

However the drug's atrocious side-effect profile should generally discourage anyone from trying to use it as a weight-loss aid. After all even Lorcaserin (a much less "dirty" 5HT2C agonist) barely managed to get approved in the US.