• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

May be in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerzsecret

Greenlighter
Well today i had a TON of anxiety, so i took 1 mg of xanax. My dad was acting all suspicious, and i have a feeling he will drug test me this weekend. If he does, will i pass? (In 5 days- keeping in mind benzos are fat soluble so they take longer to get out of your system) If i fail, whats a good excuse for using them without him thinking I was abusing them.

I am not prescribed them.

Mods, I don't know if this is in the right place. Please move to the appropriate if this is wrong.

No drug testing questions, as it's not harm reduction.

However, most home drug tests are line tests, and as long as there is any line you will technically pass, even if it is faded. 1mg after 5 days, with xanax's short half life, is not enough to make you fail it./

Also, it's probably in your head, but if you cannot control how you act on drugs and still live with your parents it's probably best to re-evaluate your drug usage...

I didn't do anything to not control myself. I was freaking the hell out and my friend gave me some. Thanks for the info though.

I didn't do anything to not control myself. I was freaking the hell out and my friend gave me some. Thanks for the info though.

Then how would your dad have known? That's contradictory.

He wouldn't know unless you did something that would make him suspect it. It can only be one or the other/

Only the more expensive at-home tests check for benzo's. Im sure you know this anyways but its a heads up. Unless it specifically says it tests for benzos, it probably doesnt.

i don't know how old you are but if you are being honest here and you took the xanax because you were really having anxiety issues and not just having anxiety so you can take xanax then be honest with your dad. tell him you were not using it recreationally but you seriously had some problems with your mental state and when you took it it helped.
you also might consider going to see someone about your anxiety issues. it can really cause a lot of problems for your social life. there shouldn't be any stigma attached to seeking help.

Thanks guys. And he thinks that me being tired means i do drugs.

Most parents don't just think their kids are doing drugs because they are tired. There's probably something else that is driving him to think that way, however, if he's just crazy like that then you just need to be that much more careful

Status
Not open for further replies.