• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mavyret an white grapefruit juice

REDRUMTURKZ99

Bluelighter
Hello fellow blue lighter's, I just have a quick question is it true that drinking white grapefruit juice while on hep c medicine ie.(mavyret) can cause damage to the body by increasing the amount of mavyret in your body? I've read a few sources that discuss this but have not found any reliable information.
Thank you
"A real man never quits what he loves in this life he learns to moderate"

Says here not to

• Other medications: Mavyret can interact with other medications, so it is vital to inform your healthcare provider about all your medications, including prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal supplements. Possible drug interactions with Mavyret include:
  • Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Mavyret may harm a developing fetus or pass into breast milk, so it is essential to use effective contraception while taking Mavyret and to inform your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Alcohol: It is recommended to avoid drinking alcohol while taking Mavyret, as it can increase the risk of liver damage.
  • Grapefruit and grapefruit juice: Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can increase the levels of Mavyret in the bloodstream, increasing the risk of side effects. It is crucial to avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking Mavyret.
  • St. John's wort: St. John's wort can decrease the effectiveness of Mavyret, so it is essential to avoid using St. John's wort while taking Mavyret.

Pasteurized grapefruit juice should be OK in moderation. Most of the chemical which causes CYP inhibition is lost during pasteurization process. Avoid fresh grapefruit.

However, if you are being treated for hepatitis or an infection, I would just avoid it completely and follow the instructions, just to be safe.

Yeah wouldn't want to do anything that interferes with a pricey medication like that.

Fortunately, with this GoodRx coupon, you get it for pennies on the dollar:

Hey $13,519 ain't bad at all, that's a savings of like $3,000 off of retail.

That's about only about as much as this used 2018 Aud Q3:

So, yeah I probably wouldn't want to take any that with it that could alter its metabolism.

I am about to start taking this medication as well. Let me know how it goes for you.

I am about to start taking this medication as well. Let me know how it goes for you.
I've been on it for a little over a month, so far so good I haven't felt any negative effects.only thing is if you have gallstones like me than you will have discomfort on your lower right side this is because the medication raise the bilirubin in the body to 2x normal levels.

I've been on it for a little over a month, so far so good I haven't felt any negative effects.only thing is if you have gallstones like me than you will have discomfort on your lower right side this is because the medication raise the bilirubin in the body to 2x normal levels.
Also your fingers will turn super yellow if you smoke cigarettes. other than that long as you don't have any cirrosis you should be good , crazy it has over 98percent cure rate of you are healthy